Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4

Ferkles
10.25.2012 , 12:08 PM | #11
Inquisitor animation should have the jump cut out. Just have the character pummel his fist into the ground.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

Devilart
11.29.2012 , 12:07 AM | #12
I think they'll never redo this animation.
Insieme per la vittoria!

McBeak
01.01.2013 , 06:06 PM | #13
And that is damn sad. cutting a big chunk of the animation out is not a fix

QuiDonJorn
01.01.2013 , 06:23 PM | #14
Agree.
I've been saying this since they changed it. It looks really really bad now (the Inquisitor one).
They cut and sped up the animation so the ability would be instantaneous, dont know why they did that in the first place, they should have left both the Consulars and the Inquisitors alone to begin with. It wasnt a needed change IMO..

The original Force Wave was really cool the way it was, as was the original Project animation. All they really had to do with Project was maybe speed it up a tiny bit. And with Force Wave, make the effect radius slightly larger.

Project was one of the abilities that originally made me want to play a Consular, but for some reason they made it an instant ability where the rocks come up from the ground next to the enemy, maybe for PvP I dont know, but it's definately not as cool anymore.

JackStreicher
01.04.2013 , 03:42 PM | #15
I dislike both new animations I want those old ones back (they looked amazing) the new ones aren't even synchronised concerning the energy wave.

The original ability also made me want to play a Jedi Consular...same for the Sith Inquisitor.

Knockerz
01.05.2013 , 12:44 AM | #16
I dislike the new Inquisitor animations. The old ones was better. However, I think then sage animation is a little better than the old one. Kinda seems like your actually throwing some one as oppose to making a soft landing like if you just jumped from a very high building.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

PinnyFox
01.05.2013 , 11:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiDonJorn View Post
dont know why they did that in the first place
I'll tell you why: The PVPers complained that the consular animations for project took "too long" compared to the inquisitor's lightning. There WAS a noticeable difference, but the amount of times it would have actually MATTERED in PVP is so insanely small there wasn't a point in changing it.

So the devs caved in to the crying PVPers and changed Project to what it is now. Then the Sith Inquisitors, jealous that the consular gets new shinies, starts complaining that now THEIR versions are "too long" compared to the consular.

So the devs gave into the crying PVPers again and BAM. Now we have instant Force Wave/Overload, even though both animations look ridiculous and retarded. Gotta satisfy those PVPers that'll complain about a fraction of a second, because clearly PVP is what is keeping TOR alive.