Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

ckoneful
01.04.2013 , 09:13 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Oktaine View Post
I started this game on the Imp side on Shii-Cho. After wearing out on imp vs imp Huttball I rolled my new Republic toons on JC. This was well before the first server merge. After reading this thread and deciding the only people who can stop the imbalance is us, I've decided to go back to my Imperial ways.

In 4 days I've gone, 3-1, 4-1, 2-4 and 2-1 in wz's. It's really been not that bad. Now there are some things Imps could work on, some don't seem to like to attack healers, and focusing a target can be a problem. But overall I think if you've gone Rep just to win it's really kind of a cop out.

So my Imperial friends if you see Oktagon roaming in 50's or Rokstag in 10-49 give me wave. I'm not the best player but I'm not the worst either and at least I can attack the heals and call incs.
I spend the majority of my time in WZs explaining how WZs work, it's quite sad. Half the time I'm telling people what to do, the other half I'm yelling at them to kill healers and marking them as I'm literally the only person going after healers.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Taneisha
01.04.2013 , 11:05 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I was doing some lowbies last night, and though we won them all, I noticed that throughout the entire course of the night, only 4-5 pub lowbies broke 100k in their respective fields, and when I sorted damage it would read: my team, all the imp dps, and then the pub pugs :P Though imps seem to have it rough in 50s, pubs really seem to be horrible in pre-50
Well I would hope a partial pre-made would win against a most likely full pug team.

Also, not everyone likes to deathmatch Carth. Some people still believe in objective points. It's easy to hit high numbers when you've got others to back you up.
~Just because they nerf a class doesn't mean you still don't suck~

Carter_Mathis
01.05.2013 , 09:40 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Taneisha View Post
Well I would hope a partial pre-made would win against a most likely full pug team.

Also, not everyone likes to deathmatch Carth. Some people still believe in objective points. It's easy to hit high numbers when you've got others to back you up.
Meanie....
Nah, it seems to be a general lack of awareness as well. It got so bad in a Novare that I set my slinger down directly in front of the panel and told my team that I will stop any cap, but any imp that is out of my range or los is entirely their problem.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

nidalad
01.05.2013 , 11:55 AM | #114
If anyone doesn't know you can increase your zoom out level through the preferences. It will give you vision and awareness of a much larger portion of the map.
Moonrunner

Taneisha
01.05.2013 , 12:32 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Meanie....
Nah, it seems to be a general lack of awareness as well. It got so bad in a Novare that I set my slinger down directly in front of the panel and told my team that I will stop any cap, but any imp that is out of my range or los is entirely their problem.
Well, lets see. I'm going to actually give you more credit then you deserve right now and agree you're not the average player. When it comes to being able to actually play your class. So, anyone who can play could kill someone before they actually got to them with a gunslinger/sniper.

Being able to use cover and what not makes it's nearly impossible to charge you. Thus resulting in people having to painfully crawl towards you. Without a sprint, your stuns/slows and what not keep them from getting to you before they are killed.
~Just because they nerf a class doesn't mean you still don't suck~

Ravashakk
01.05.2013 , 01:56 PM | #116
Why are imps so bad? They ignore priority targets to tunnel someone for their own reasons.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Sylvane
01.05.2013 , 04:07 PM | #117
If you are looking to just win games play early morning and after 8pm weekdays. Those times there aren't as many pub side premades, for obvious reasons. Tuesdays are probably the best, I've gone 9-1 and 9-2 the past 2 weeks to finish the weekly on Tuesday.

Imps pugs aren't really worse than pub pugs there is just a lot more organized play going on pub side. Try and utilize the imp pvp channel and form groups, if needed, so you aren't flying solo into a blender.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / «ommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xšmot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkťy-(Marauder)<N2G>

johnnyreece
01.05.2013 , 04:53 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
If anyone doesn't know you can increase your zoom out level through the preferences. It will give you vision and awareness of a much larger portion of the map.
Wow...now I feel so noobish...I didn't know that one.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Carter_Mathis
01.05.2013 , 04:59 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
Wow...now I feel so noobish...I didn't know that one.
you should play in 1st person mode like me :P It makes everything more exciting
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

nidalad
01.05.2013 , 08:12 PM | #120
Haha don't feel bad I just found about it yesterday after remembering how cool my paladins LoD looked when zoomed out, don't know why I never thought of it before.
Moonrunner