Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL truth about smash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The REAL truth about smash

MindgameZ
01.02.2013 , 09:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
This revelation is beyond the likes of mortal men...

A new age dawns upon us!
errr.. what?
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

MindgameZ
01.02.2013 , 11:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Yep...that's pretty much how it works

Don't even have to bury your foes with a funeral with smash if it's done right. Once you look around you realize they are buried 6 feet under already
7.5 feet you mean?
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

MindgameZ
01.03.2013 , 11:42 PM | #13
does anyone know the other topic who did somthing like this? I cant find it
DPS-We Deliver

sauerkraut
01.04.2013 , 12:43 AM | #14
Another, Boo hoo PLS nerf every damage in PvP I am so scared to get killed and PLS give us more stun and buble, I can't even hit moving targets.

Spoletta
01.04.2013 , 03:26 AM | #15
Smash is not a balance problem due to the numbers they can put out, it's a problem cause a bot could play that spec at 90% efficency.

Darth-Rammstein
01.04.2013 , 03:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Smash is not a balance problem due to the numbers they can put out, it's a problem cause a bot could play that spec at 90% efficency.
Yeah, because the other classes are sooo hard to play right? /facepalm
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Spoletta
01.04.2013 , 03:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Yeah, because the other classes are sooo hard to play right? /facepalm
Compared to focus spec? Yeah quite a lot harder (maybe not so for PT).
Sorc dps, merc dps, sentinel combat and watchman, scoundrel dps, shadows. They all need something from the player. Don't know for snipers and jugg, i have no experience with those.

Tmaxxz
01.04.2013 , 09:00 PM | #18
So many forums about smash.
Lets see why this is a good ability:
:High Damage
:Instant Ability
:Low Cooldown
Lets see its disadvantages
:Takes time to get 4 stacks of singularity
:Negatable
So high damage, instant ability and low cooldown. But takes time to gather four stacks and is negatable.
Three positives and 2 negatives. If you get rid of 1 positive it becomes a balanced ability. I recommend getting rid of the of the instant ability so you can see if their casting it. Or they can get rid of the high damage so it doesn't matter that it's instant. The low cooldown doesn't matter because of the taking time. This is all that this ability is and needs.

DariusCalera
01.04.2013 , 09:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmaxxz View Post
So many forums about smash.
Lets see why this is a good ability:
:High Damage
:Instant Ability
:Low Cooldown
Lets see its disadvantages
:Takes time to get 4 stacks of singularity
:Negatable
So high damage, instant ability and low cooldown. But takes time to gather four stacks and is negatable.
Three positives and 2 negatives. If you get rid of 1 positive it becomes a balanced ability. I recommend getting rid of the of the instant ability so you can see if their casting it. Or they can get rid of the high damage so it doesn't matter that it's instant. The low cooldown doesn't matter because of the taking time. This is all that this ability is and needs.
Forgot to add in that the smash spec allows you stack power and surge because you don't need to stack crit.

NathanielStarr
01.04.2013 , 10:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Forgot to add in that the smash spec allows you stack power and surge because you don't need to stack crit.
That is actually huge. The power vs. crit issue is what DPS characters struggle with in this game, when it comes to gearing up. If you look at the PvP gear you always are having to decide between the two. Take that out of the picture and it throws off the balance of gear by a huge factor.