Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar - exploit, please fix asap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar - exploit, please fix asap

PloGreen
01.04.2013 , 05:16 PM | #1
I dont honestly know what people think is acceptable behaviour in pvp in this game with regards to exploits but having just witnessed what I have done in the voidstar I was in I would ask the devs to fix the exploit in question.

I've played this game for over a year and I have never seen this before (you may well have done) and ill refrain from naming the player or the guild because I know them.

What happened was he was shooting lightning through the voidstar shields before the very last 2 doors - the ones that have three consoles to open them, interupting people capping. Positioning himself on the ramp in a certain way apparently there is a "gap" in the map in which you can fire/leap through the shields. He was stopping people capping by shooting through the shields and they had no way to stop him.

Personally I consider this sort of thing dodgy and I told him it was bad form. His repsonse was that he will exploit the map until they fix it, and he will use exploits because that's what competitive players do.

Regardless some of you may think this is fair game, its a fault in the map and theres nothing wrong with exploiting the map, but tbh I dont really agree with that at all. But rather than name the player I would rather the devs just fix it please.

Some might call it "competitive" - i would call it incredibly lame. Please fix it.

SomeJagoff
01.04.2013 , 05:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
I dont honestly know what people think is acceptable behaviour in pvp in this game with regards to exploits but having just witnessed what I have done in the voidstar I was in I would ask the devs to fix the exploit in question.

I've played this game for over a year and I have never seen this before (you may well have done) and ill refrain from naming the player or the guild because I know them.

What happened was he was shooting lightning through the voidstar shields before the very last 2 doors - the ones that have three consoles to open them, interupting people capping. Positioning himself on the ramp in a certain way apparently there is a "gap" in the map in which you can fire/leap through the shields. He was stopping people capping by shooting through the shields and they had no way to stop him.

Personally I consider this sort of thing dodgy and I told him it was bad form. His repsonse was that he will exploit the map until they fix it, and he will use exploits because that's what competitive players do.

Regardless some of you may think this is fair game, its a fault in the map and theres nothing wrong with exploiting the map, but tbh I dont really agree with that at all. But rather than name the player I would rather the devs just fix it please.

Some might call it "competitive" - i would call it incredibly lame. Please fix it.
reminds me of a match I had where a sorc force sped across the first gap as defenders, then pulled a sniper, then stood los healing the sniper in cover as he shot at everyone trying to plant on both doors.

definitely bad form, but an exploit that's probably "Working As Intended" since they haven't patched it.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

PloGreen
01.04.2013 , 05:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
reminds me of a match I had where a sorc force sped across the first gap as defenders, then pulled a sniper, then stood los healing the sniper in cover as he shot at everyone trying to plant on both doors.

definitely bad form, but an exploit that's probably "Working As Intended" since they haven't patched it.
Not something I would do myself (shooting through the shields). I just dont understand how someone can justify that its fine to do that, I think the phrase "this is what advanced players do" was used. Advanced players should not have to cheat to win a warzone imo, and no matter how you dress it up this is what it is.

TipsyDrow
01.04.2013 , 06:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post

Typical MMO douchebag mindset. These people will do anything and everything they can just to win because there are no consequences. If they had to look others in the eye doing this **** it would be a different story, but when they sit in mommies basement wearing a pink tootoo and ballerina slippers, giggling over the keyboard getting revenge on all those who bullied them in childhood.....Oh...I digress....you get my meaning.

Eldriq
01.04.2013 , 07:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TipsyDrow View Post
Typical MMO douchebag mindset. These people will do anything and everything they can just to win because there are no consequences. If they had to look others in the eye doing this **** it would be a different story, but when they sit in mommies basement wearing a pink tootoo and ballerina slippers, giggling over the keyboard getting revenge on all those who bullied them in childhood.....Oh...I digress....you get my meaning.
I may love you.....
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

LoL-K-Noob
01.04.2013 , 07:12 PM | #6
Where is the spot that you can shoot through shield?

Solarenergy
01.04.2013 , 07:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post

You mean he pulled him through the force field? Sorry, I don't get the scenario you're trying to describe.

-Holmes
01.04.2013 , 07:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Where is the spot that you can shoot through shield?
Nice try.

LoL-K-Noob
01.04.2013 , 07:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Nice try.
I want to know

-Holmes
01.04.2013 , 08:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
I want to know
Aham. I'm sure it's for academic purposes only.