Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

DataBeaver
01.04.2013 , 01:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
You are incompetent. YOU wiped the group. Justify that one. And yes, YOU are in control of your character. YOU got stuck. YOUR fault.

And I know it's a game. I love this game. I have a blast playing it. Untill people like you show up in group finder. Just like you're bashing the players in GF and me on the forums; there are just as many threads trashing noobs who make GF miserable: people who wipe us, people who watch story lines, people who don't know how to skip...all you "weak links". I run the GF for the BH comms for the Hazmat implants/earpieces for my companions. So I do have reason to run them and want them done with out people costing me money for repairs
Cut the elitist crap already. You should know full well that the game practically pushes fresh 50s to HM flashpoints by giving them free Tionese gear and a quest to complete a HM FP using the group finder. Your expectation that they should instantly know all the boss mechanics and how to skip content is wholly unreasonable. How do you even expect them to learn the FPs if they are continuously put off by people like you? The group finder exists specifically to give players entry-level access to the endgame content. If you can't deal with that, do your speedruns with guildmates. Don't ruin the game for those that are still learning.

Also, if a random pull causes you to wipe, what the h***? Weren't you, and presumably most of the group, supposed to be the super-elite players in 61/63 gear? Surely you can deal with a bunch of trash, even two or three packs at once.

Perhaps I've just had good luck with the group finder so far, since I haven't run into any elitist jerks yet. Or perhaps Europeans are just more well-mannered. In all the HM FPs I've done my group has skipped trash as much as possible, but on the occasions someone has accidentally pulled a pack, the others have always turned around to help as soon as the pull is noticed. I also like to enjoy the conversations, but I understand that they can get boring when you've already seen them several times. My default setting is to listen to the speech, but I'll comply to a friendly request to use the spacebar.

Zamppa
01.04.2013 , 01:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Indeed! More people like you should be playing the game.

And in reference to endgame gear, I just stripped the mods off it and put it on revans. I actually just completed my first hard mode flashpoint on FOUNDRY with decent people and I for once owned the group so I didn't get kicked! But with those mods, revans robes are just as good they give same stats as the original armor they were on. And I more than held my own against hk and revan so I'm quite proud of myself and proved those people wrong who said I had ****** gear =)
Thank you! And it's very nice to hear you found a group you had fun with! If you have some extra creds ripping mods and armoring out from the gear and putting them into a more stylish chest pieces etc is a very good idea. I also have a Rakata geared marauder and I have been using my Cartel Market bought chestpiece since level 43 so I indeed know some people really don't like how the endgame gear looks for marauders. Although the spiked boots, gloves and pants are something I really like!If you have creds and are planning to keep the chestpiece you have now you can already start augmenting those pieces you are planning to keep as it's a 18 bonus to strength and 12 bonus to endurance with each augment!

I feel a bit sad you seem to play on a different server than I as I would have happily agreed to do some HM FP runs with you to get you some gear. Anyways all the best and just put those irritating jerks into ignore if you run into them, out of sight out of mind is a saying in my country that fits quite nicely to this situation
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

DSpectre
01.04.2013 , 02:05 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Thank you! And it's very nice to hear you found a group you had fun with! If you have some extra creds ripping mods and armoring out from the gear and putting them into a more stylish chest pieces etc is a very good idea. I also have a Rakata geared marauder and I have been using my Cartel Market bought chestpiece since level 43 so I indeed know some people really don't like how the endgame gear looks for marauders. Although the spiked boots, gloves and pants are something I really like!If you have creds and are planning to keep the chestpiece you have now you can already start augmenting those pieces you are planning to keep as it's a 18 bonus to strength and 12 bonus to endurance with each augment!

I feel a bit sad you seem to play on a different server than I as I would have happily agreed to do some HM FP runs with you to get you some gear. Anyways all the best and just put those irritating jerks into ignore if you run into them, out of sight out of mind is a saying in my country that fits quite nicely to this situation
Exactly. although some after-end game gear looks cool, i have this like... game crush on Revan. so yeah. i perfer it.
I just got some new mods too, bumped me up to 15k hp.

Btw i sent you a pm
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

DSpectre
01.04.2013 , 02:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Cut the elitist crap already. You should know full well that the game practically pushes fresh 50s to HM flashpoints by giving them free Tionese gear and a quest to complete a HM FP using the group finder. Your expectation that they should instantly know all the boss mechanics and how to skip content is wholly unreasonable. How do you even expect them to learn the FPs if they are continuously put off by people like you? The group finder exists specifically to give players entry-level access to the endgame content. If you can't deal with that, do your speedruns with guildmates. Don't ruin the game for those that are still learning.

Also, if a random pull causes you to wipe, what the h***? Weren't you, and presumably most of the group, supposed to be the super-elite players in 61/63 gear? Surely you can deal with a bunch of trash, even two or three packs at once.

Perhaps I've just had good luck with the group finder so far, since I haven't run into any elitist jerks yet. Or perhaps Europeans are just more well-mannered. In all the HM FPs I've done my group has skipped trash as much as possible, but on the occasions someone has accidentally pulled a pack, the others have always turned around to help as soon as the pull is noticed. I also like to enjoy the conversations, but I understand that they can get boring when you've already seen them several times. My default setting is to listen to the speech, but I'll comply to a friendly request to use the spacebar.
again, more people like you should be playing. i thank you for your positive input <3

as a side note, when people are acting "elitist" (as you say) i just find it more... tolerable if i mess with them and troll them a bit. so i will usually NOT hit the spacebar when they ask, etc...
―Revan

Ardim
01.04.2013 , 02:10 AM | #25
I'd group with ya if I could OP just to cheer ya up . I'd think you'd enjoy the comic relief and jest I do whenever I'm in a group.

But in all seriousness, I hate people with elitist attitudes and absolutely no patience. Sadly, it's something to be expected if you queue .
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

FlyinSpaghetti
01.04.2013 , 02:14 AM | #26
Depends on my patience at the time, I don't mind the odd trash pull or clearing a mob I wouldn't usually however new player do need to be aware of their surroundings and what they're doing. It's all well being new to content but that doesn't give you an excuse for not being careful.

Earlier for example in LI HM it took us 15 minutes just to get to the shaclaw because someone kept running through mobs despite being given guidance on the route to take only to find once we got to LR-5 the tank who said "he knew what he was doing" didn't seem to know where his interrupts were.

I'm all for helping and explaining to others to a degree but some people can't seem to get through content without their hand being held the entire way, question is did they really earn the comms by being carried unnecessarily?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Eurynamous
01.04.2013 , 02:16 AM | #27
Proper manners would be the following:

Questions to ask:

1: speed run or full clear?
2: skip dialogue or playing for story?
3: fully geared or needing something?

If a group or player doesn't know the speed runs and want to do a full clear, kindly bow out or just play it.
If a group or a player doesn't want to skip the story, kindly bow out of the group or just play it.
If a group or a player isn't fully geared, it's not cool to need **** for your companion.

If you ask, communicate and decide as a majority group. That's how it is and at least people understand without the ******** attitude.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

Never_Hesitate
01.04.2013 , 02:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
the group is as strongest as its weakest link so therefore the group must be acoustomed to it. and if people run the flashpoints because its a waste of time, then why run them? do something else instead of making other players' game more rough
The problem is that if the weakest link is a DPS it can easily be replaced in a few seconds.

When I tank a FP HM I ask at the start if it's anyones first time and if they want to watch the story.
The people who do not answer there have no right to watch the storys and I will not explain the bosses to them.

When a player accidently adds a group I have no problem with it but if he adds repeatedly from just not being capable to follow me I will initiate a vote kick.
(If you get stuck it's a whole other thing. I sometimes get stuck in the most ridicoulos things. I have never kicked somebody for getting stuck and through that add mobs.)

The reason nr. 1 for me to kick people is: People not knowing their role.
A DPS who repeatedly pulls groups is a kicked DPS for me. (1st time: Tell him not to do it again. 2nd time: kick)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

DSpectre
01.04.2013 , 02:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Depends on my patience at the time, I don't mind the odd trash pull or clearing a mob I wouldn't usually however new player do need to be aware of their surroundings and what they're doing. It's all well being new to content but that doesn't give you an excuse for not being careful.

Earlier for example in LI HM it took us 15 minutes just to get to the shaclaw because someone kept running through mobs despite being given guidance on the route to take only to find once we got to LR-5 the tank who said "he knew what he was doing" didn't seem to know where his interrupts were.

I'm all for helping and explaining to others to a degree but some people can't seem to get through content without their hand being held the entire way, question is did they really earn the comms by being carried unnecessarily?
As for my accidental pull case, i was doing the droid mentor one (im sorry i cant remember the name) and there are some tents people like to hop over. i fell of the second one tryin to jump to the third. so i went around the corner and there was a droid right there hidden and 2 others got into the fight when he noticed me.
―Revan

DSpectre
01.04.2013 , 02:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
I'd group with ya if I could OP just to cheer ya up . I'd think you'd enjoy the comic relief and jest I do whenever I'm in a group.

But in all seriousness, I hate people with elitist attitudes and absolutely no patience. Sadly, it's something to be expected if you queue .
sounds good! shoot me a message sometime <3
―Revan