Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why did Bioware/EA re-release Kotor/Kotor 2 without better graphics at lease ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
why did Bioware/EA re-release Kotor/Kotor 2 without better graphics at lease ?

Master_Dark's Avatar


Master_Dark
01.03.2013 , 11:58 PM | #1
I don't understand this if your going to re-release the same kotor games why not just do a lot of upgrading on the game before re-releasing it again cause the graphics and gameplay haven't age well Bioware/EA.

re-release - Star Wars The Old Republic

Elementlord's Avatar


Elementlord
01.04.2013 , 12:11 AM | #2
Are you talking about KOTOR I and II coming to steam? Cause those weren't meant be "re-makes" .

And KOTOR I/II weren't even published by EA, and KOTOR II was made by obsidian, not bioware.

Master_Dark's Avatar


Master_Dark
01.04.2013 , 12:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Elementlord View Post
Are you talking about KOTOR I and II coming to steam? Cause those weren't meant be "re-makes" .

And KOTOR I/II weren't even published by EA, and KOTOR II was made by obsidian, not bioware.
But why is obsidian making bioware's games tho and it looks to me that there still doing it before bioware was bought by EA.

Cleux's Avatar


Cleux
01.04.2013 , 01:21 AM | #4
Redoing the graphics would require an upgrade to the game engine that would be a large investment.

The character graphics are outdated but the rest of the graphics are still pretty good compared to the time period the game was developed.

ZIMMOZMAN's Avatar


ZIMMOZMAN
01.04.2013 , 01:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Dark View Post
I don't understand this if your going to re-release the same kotor games why not just do a lot of upgrading on the game before re-releasing it again cause the graphics and gameplay haven't age well Bioware/EA.

re-release - Star Wars The Old Republic
First Bioware had nothing to do with the second KOTOR.
Second these arnt remakes just the original games on steam.....
Third why complain on these forums go complain on steam's forums.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

TalkingDinosaur's Avatar


TalkingDinosaur
01.04.2013 , 02:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Dark View Post
But why is obsidian making bioware's games tho and it looks to me that there still doing it before bioware was bought by EA.
The beauty of children using the internet.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11