Seriously?!?

Beaucore

So after 2 days of my forum being up and me simply trying to inform other guilds about a guy trying to impersonate people on their vent, get promoted in the guild, and then their items get stolen. So I guess the guy complained about it and Bioware removed mine and several other post about the issue.

All I'm trying to do is inform and help other guilds be aware of a situation that BIOWARE will not take care of. So what do I get in return? Bioware removes the post. Come on guys, here we are as a community trying to inform other guilds of whats going on and trying to save you countless tickets being opened. But I guess you don't care. I wish many of tickets upon you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the aspect of not giving others ideas of doing it. But if we don't inform each other of how to prevent this and they find out theirselfs how to hack into our guilds, we're screwed because from the looks of it, we can't discuss it.

And what personal Info did I post of his?

EAware has a long standing policy:

"If we just keep it hush-hush, it never happened."

Just look at all the cheater/hacker threads that get removed on a regular basis.

Suppressing the truth has never resolved anything anywhere - but they sure keep trying. :(

His IP is personal information.

I'm not arguing that, I agree that an IP address is RL personal information and to post it is a violation of the TOC clear and simple.. but why remove an ENTIRE thread rather than a single offending post? We as a community need a means of supporting and protecting each other, sweeping it under the rug doesn't make it go away. Any ideas/thoughts?

This happen to our guild today,the guys name was disius.He entered our mumble under the tag as our gm uses ask to be promoted so he could access his stuff in gbank said his mic was broke ,took everything then hoped back in our mumble to gloat got his ip and legacy name.

What was the the legacy name? And guilds need to become a little more secure guys. Best thing to do is to have whomever is asking for a promotion in the guild to hop of their main first. This is happening to too many guilds and is sad.

Hi All,

The thief or thieves tried the same to us last night. Thanks to this and the previous thread we were already pre-prepped to deal with it and the scumbag got no further than recruit. He claimed to be me (Guild leader), but all my officers were wise to this little trick and so after a few minutes of whispering people in chat and getting nowhere the piece of excrement \gquit and went to look for easier meat.

So thanks all for getting the info out, I am prettty sure our Guild security would have minimised any major losses, it's always good to be aware of the current scams.

Regards

Wolf

Edited by TheLastWolfman

He "got" us. But sadly he only got a bunch of crap green stuff we were going to vendor. He tried oh so hard to get into the officer vault where he would have made a killing. Nice try though. And thanks for taking out our trash for us :)

well that sucks...hey OP since you can't post his IP in the thread can you send it to me in a PM? It would be nice to protect my voice chat against this clown since bioware isn't doing anything about him.

What is your in game name and I can tell you what I know

yeah i noticed that they deleted your post. I think the best thing we can do is keep reposting the information. I mean if BW keeps deleting an informational post to protect members of the community; does that mean that BW doesn't care about the community?

I would also like to get his IP so if someone can PM me with the info it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Naoshiki