Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pets in raids taking heals?

Jeweledleah
01.03.2013 , 04:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tronot View Post
I don't want to argue the issue, but I have to respond to this. They have their eyes on their hotbars, not on the action. I'm sure there are many fine click healers, but there's no way they can react faster.
as a click healer who cannot type without looking at a keyboard (and beleive me I've been trying to learn for decades for reasons other then gaming) I can tell you right now that the difference between switching your attention between raid frames, hot bars and the rest of the screen versus having to look down to press a key, look up to target, look down again ad nauseum - is huge. because when my eyes are already on a screen? seeing things happening with a peripheral vision is not that difficult.

and the difference between good click healer and good keybinder, considering global cooldown? is negligible.

I'm not saying that clicking is better then binding, 100% all the time. YOU are saying that binding is ALWAYS better then clicking, for EVERYONE. and I'm telling you - not always, not for everyone. on case to case basis, some people as individuals are more effective as clickers, and others are more effective as binders. someone who cannot type without looking at a keyboard is not going to get more effective if they try to keyboard bind. on the contrary.

wetslampigduex
01.03.2013 , 08:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
How about using ops frame with heals bound to a razer naga? Is that impractical as well?
I'm sure your trolling, but i believe that'd be the optimal way. I started this game as a clicker, i was ok avg at best. I've since invested in the Swtor Razor mouse, best investment i've ever made hands down. Having 12 buttons at my thumb is wonderful. All my abilities are bound to 1-12 and shift+1-12 some times depending on the toon ctrl+1-12 as well. It took me about a week to get used to it(a phone call from my brother while tanking Zorn and Toth HM months ago) was really all it took to learn quick. If im hitting dc's and such that are off of GCD i can hit them all before the next GCD is finished. After a few weeks it becomes second nature. I've become 5-10 times better at the game because of this.

I understand not everyone can afford one, also i'm sure there are cheaper ones out there that do the same($140 bucks i wanted to kick myself in the nuts) I encourage everyone to invest in something along the lines of a gaming mouse. Even if its only got 5-6 buttons(how many classes really have any sort of rotation more than 4-6 abilities) it will make life much easier and i'm sure you'll see an improvement in your gaming abilities.

NoFishing
01.03.2013 , 02:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
I could be mistaken as I haven't tried recently, but I know when I tested it before it ate up AoE heals. Normal heals aren't a problem, the problem is the AoE heals.

Again, not tested it for months, but I know it used to be like that.
Was that way, has since been fixed.

jedimessiah
01.03.2013 , 04:33 PM | #24
A long time ago I would always tell my guild to dismiss pets. The reason was as a healer I click the raid frames to heal but also use tab targeting. The way it use to work (but has since been fixed) if you tab target, the mini-pets that were out would end up being cycled threw. This was the reason we dismissed pets and I only bring it up because a guildie recently told everyone to dismiss pets forgetting it had been fixed. This might be people thinking it's still a problem...