Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Collection on Steam 50% Off

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Collection on Steam 50% Off

althene
01.03.2013 , 01:19 PM | #11
Force Unleashed was incredibly fun, but also incredibly short. I'd beaten it before realizing it was actually a platformer. I'm not sure really what I was expecting going in, but I didn't expect to be in replay mode after just a few hours.

I haven't played FU2 but I hear it's pretty much along the same lines as the first. Which is to say, lightsaber swinging, force lightning frying, force pushing guys off cliffs kind of fun. But still relatively short.

Another game I found fun along the star wars(ish) line was Soul Calibre 4. Sure the inclusion of Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice was nothing but a blatant money grab in the form of name dropping, but they were incredibly fun to play and the game was fairly solid as fighters go. Not exactly in the realm of "single player" per se, but I figured it deserved the tip of a hat.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 02:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
Force Unleashed was incredibly fun, but also incredibly short. I'd beaten it before realizing it was actually a platformer. I'm not sure really what I was expecting going in, but I didn't expect to be in replay mode after just a few hours.

I haven't played FU2 but I hear it's pretty much along the same lines as the first. Which is to say, lightsaber swinging, force lightning frying, force pushing guys off cliffs kind of fun. But still relatively short.

Another game I found fun along the star wars(ish) line was Soul Calibre 4. Sure the inclusion of Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice was nothing but a blatant money grab in the form of name dropping, but they were incredibly fun to play and the game was fairly solid as fighters go. Not exactly in the realm of "single player" per se, but I figured it deserved the tip of a hat.
SC4 owner here too. I didn't think of it as a "Star Wars" game exactly as well.

Also I have the first Empire at War game. I guess Steam is selling both together or just the first one that I already own?

DarknessInLight
01.03.2013 , 02:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
KoToR 1 and 2 were definitely fun in their day, don't get me wrong. I'm just incredibly spoiled by the new graphics and clearer monitors. It used to be that I'd play a game like Ultima on the console or PC even knowing the graphics were sub par compared to current releases. And I might still if that was the thing to do at the time. But that because those games tried specifically to do as much as they could with what little they had to work with.

KoToR doesn't work that way. They made it using top(ish) end tech for the day and it just seems light years behind now. At least this was the case for the first game. The second might fare better, but I haven't installed it (again) yet.
If you're gonna play TSL, please download the Restored Content Mod. Obsidian Entertainment rushed the sequel to KOTOR out and in doing so, cut a lot of material out of the final product. This is the effort of the TSL/KOTOR community to restore this content to the game and finishing the work. What you get is a worthy sequel to one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Blackardin
01.05.2013 , 06:38 PM | #14
Thanks for the info folks, for that cheap money I'm going to buy the pack. Never played any of them so I'm looking forward to playing around with them. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

Spartanik
01.06.2013 , 03:55 AM | #15
Meh the graphics arent that bad actualy they rival swtor imo.
When playing KOTOR1/2 plz remember to set you resolution on max as well everything else.
You probably have them on 800/600 wich i think its the default if im not mistaken.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

DaWaffle
01.06.2013 , 10:43 AM | #16
KoTOR's graphics are dated, but they're not bad. Just dont go into it looking for graphical fidelity and you'll be fine.