Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 12:28 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Since they're doing story related updates, I would really appreciate a comment on the state of a class story line expansion. I mean, how do you promote alting so much with individual class story lines and legacy and then leave those same people out in the cold come expansion time?

I realize they want to make it more about the bigger conflict now, but how awesome would it have been if Mekeb would have had multiple antagonists all trying to accomplish the same end goal, but you get to face off with a different one depending on your class? Heck, half a dozen class quest lines involving said antagonist would have probably sufficed. Even better, they could have done a two-parter. 1st part is the individual antagonist and the second part is a "main" antagonist that is shared by all. That way, the new FPs and Ops could be centered around everyone trying to take down a common foe. But the first part would have made the content worth replaying on each and every class.

I'm just worried that that part of the game is done. Which is honestly the best part (for me). If we could at least get a "More class stories are in production" line, I'd be happy for now.
Nope. They feel other things are more important to the game that is supposed to be a MMO. May be Bioware is admitting that this game is truly a single player game with an online option.

Galbatorrix
01.03.2013 , 12:29 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Because they felt other things had a higher priority.

The problem is, their priorities don't seem to mesh with what players are constantly asking for. I mean, they have their artists work on improving shadows and lighting, something that I never really heard many requests for, and yet those same artists can't seem to fix a lot of the graphical bugs currently plaguing the game.

irishfino
01.03.2013 , 12:31 PM | #323
The problem is, their priorities don't seem to mesh with what players are constantly asking for. I mean, they have their artists work on improving shadows and lighting, something that I never really heard many requests for, and yet those same artists can't seem to fix a lot of the graphical bugs currently plaguing the game.
Is that really the artists or the programmers? Graphical bugs are generally an issue with coding and not an art issue. In fact, just about all bugs originate in the coding as that is what the world is built on.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

BlackFx
01.03.2013 , 12:32 PM | #324
And you are talking about the Hero Engine which, I'm sure, is co-developed by the Hero Engine development team.

Galbatorrix
01.03.2013 , 12:34 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Is that really the artists or the programmers? Graphical bugs are generally an issue with coding and not an art issue. In fact, just about all bugs originate in the coding as that is what the world is built on.
So, the Revan mask clipping isn't an artist thing?

irishfino
01.03.2013 , 12:37 PM | #326
So, the Revan mask clipping isn't an artist thing?
Unless the artist (whose job should be designing the armor/scenery etc.) is also directly coding that information, no, that's an issue with the coding and how the helm interacts with its surroundings.

Twi'lek models are quite pretty when they're not interacting with other things, because their lekku clip into everything. That's not a "art" issue, that's a coding issue. Lekku need to be programmed to move to the outside of armor/vibroswords what have you, not just sit there and clip. They don't seem to be programmed as solid objects, and, therefore, clip like mad.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Devinia-Hex
01.03.2013 , 12:42 PM | #327
I didn't read all of the responses however all we really need to spice up PVP is cross server and a ranked season. Open world PVP is not really something I think will be viable unless population is there for it and there are rewards that make it worth doing open worled world PVP. Open world PVP is normally all about who has the biggest mob.

SGR I'm fine with I think some of the companions had the option for this that are in place now but didn't make the cut if that is the case they should be add the option for that even if it was for new characters going forward. From the sounds of things the new storylines that come with the new content will have new storylines for characters so a lot of you asking for a continuation of your characters story I would think this would fill that void at least for the time being. Future character development through our characters storyline I would think would be a top priority once class balance is sorted out.

Class Balance is a big issue and should be at the forefront as we Sorceror's have been nerfed since 1.2 our damage is a joke and we have to spec into cc that other classes get baseline, we need a fix. If you intend to make these changes in the expansion to fix those like the Inquisitor/Sage then please let us know as I'm sure it would go a long way with keeping sub's

New content levels and everything else is great.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

TUXs
01.03.2013 , 12:52 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post
I didn't read all of the responses however all we really need to spice up PVP is cross server and a ranked season.
Really? You honestly think THAT is all that's needed huh? LOL! Changing the name to all the existing worthless stuff we have now, is not "all we really need". We need a helluva lot more for PvP.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Spiritinblack
01.03.2013 , 12:56 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Really? You honestly think THAT is all that's needed huh? LOL! Changing the name to all the existing worthless stuff we have now, is not "all we really need". We need a helluva lot more for PvP.
I rarely PvP...... And I agree you need a hell of a lot more then what there is now.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

Qronus
01.03.2013 , 01:13 PM | #330
As far as the expansion goes, please don't go the route that the other popular MMO goes every time there is an expansion, and feel like you have to totally redo talent trees and points.
Players get comfortable playing the talents and points they have. I for one don't want a complete overhaul of the system. I am quite content to have 5 more talent points to put into my CURRENT talent tree(s) at level 55.
Thank you!