Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

occultnative's Avatar


occultnative
01.03.2013 , 03:05 AM | #71
looking up both of them i will have to give my vote to tyber zann here. every one seems to over estimate and bring up more or less fake facts about goto. I will give that goto is good with droids but to the exstent to what people are saying i think not. all of goto forces can be countered easily by tyberzann. Now for hanarr yah hes no contest to urai. urai has more skill and experienced then hanarr.....so theres no room to debate on who would win in that fight.Now back to goto as for his mercs they can easily be persuaded with money. all that leaves is goto hk factory which tyber would find easily and destroy.Personally the only way goto can win this is fight is time. Goto can just out live tyber the only true advantage goto has.

Ausstig's Avatar


Ausstig
01.03.2013 , 03:12 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The Hutts have been very bothered and have tried to snuff out G0-T0 and the Exchange, to no avail.

G0-T0 is a droid. Experience for him doesn't need to be learned. Also, a lot can happen in 4 years on Nar Shaddaa. Also, if what you say is true and he's only been "alive" for 4 years, look how fast he rose to power.

The Zann Consortium is more powerful in military strength, yes. But you are totally wrong when you say the Exchange can't influence planets. Quite the opposite. The Exchange can impact things on a global scale without the need of conquering it. Hence it's an underworld organization. Just look at the operations on Taris, Telos, and Nar Shaddaa for proof.

Nobody said Zann was stupid. He just has an ego, he's arrogant, he's ruthless, and his emotions will end up with him making a mistake that G0-T0 will be more than happy to exploit.

Sending Urai on missions is exactly what Zann would do, but exactly what he shouldn't do. The hawk man will undoubtably be captured, and G0-T0 will have a valuable ally.
You mean one Hutt, it is stated in game that the reason for this is that the Hutt council doesn't consider G0-T0 a threat.

What are they doing on Taris? Telos and Nar Shaddaa? They are smuggling extorting and racketeering, they are making deals with big corperations, a partial exception being Telos where they are making some in roads into Cerka Corp, however Zann has made contracts with several Mandore companies, and large groups on other worlds.

If G0-T0 could effect worlds directly he would not have needed the Exile to his work for him.

Again you under rate Zann and his forces while making G0-T0 out to be some sort of god. Zann does not make many, if any, mistakes and G0-T0 is not as clever as you think, squid face hide his planes from him extremely well, not to mention G0-T0 gets taken out by the remote. Mr Fenn, he has a name you raciest, is far clever then you give him credit, he would scrap any HKs that come after him, they didn't do too well against force sensitives, not to mention he is close to 4'000 years old, he was alive during the Great Sith War, you don't live that long in the underworld with out great skill. He also EXTREMELY loyal to Tyber so your beleif that he would turn is laughable.

Here is how I see it going down;

Tyber sends out Urai on a mission to find G0-T0, who has been taking over Tybers droids. G0-T0 send out some HKs and Hanharr to capture him. After a fierce fight Urai destroys the droids. He then fights Hanharr, after a brutal battle Hanharr takes Uari back to G0-T0 where they prepare to interrogate him, when Tyber shows up in the "Merciless" and disables G0-T0's yatch. G0-T0 is then destroyed by Hanharr(who was bribed by Tyber via Holo) and Urai while Nightsisters bord the ship.
Have Force lightning will travel

Canino's Avatar


Canino
01.03.2013 , 05:51 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Ha ha, opinions opinions.

While Kreia does have some nice moments, the wrap up at the end when she 'sees the future' is very nice I got tired of her preaching very fast. As well the game never really 'clicked' for me I found the opening very slow and ungodly boring, especially the second time through when the 'mystery' isn't any more. And while Telos and Onderon where very well done, the other planets felt kind of meh, and the game had 'too many endings'. You should have faced Traya over Telos Malacore V was mind numbingly dull.

Any back to the topic at hand.


Tyber Zann has a lot more resources then GO-TO, Tyber has several planets under his command and others that are in his pocket, where as GO-TO has most of the Smugglers moon, which he only has because the Hutts haven't been bothered to do anything about him yet.


Edit: where are you guys getting your info about GO-TO, "he encouraged a few gang wars to create confusion" Where is that mentioned?

Also G0-T0 is 4 years old. He has very little experience in anything other then orgainsation of Republic relief efforts.

The Zann Consortium has more power the G0-T0's exchange by several orders of magnitude, why you ask; Because they can directly effect planets something G0-T0 is unable to do.

Also you people are underrating Tyber and making him out to be some dumb thug like, well like Hanharr. Tyber is smart, yeah he ticked off Jabba but only after Jabba sold him out. He is not some drugged up fool shooting everything he sees, he manipulates people, even getting one over on Thrawn of all Chiss.

Also don't forget what the Allies add;

For G0-T0: Hanharr is a very tough fighter and good body gaurd/attack dog.

For Tyber: Urai Fen is a very capable and cunning, as well as extremely loyal, right hand man meaning he can send him off on lots of different types of missions.
See, planets don't matter. G0-T0 will never leave Nar Shaddaa, unless he has to inorder to escape. There would be no need to attack other planets. Just wait until your enemy rears their head. He holds the cards on Nar Saddaa, all of them.

Also, Hanharr wouldn't be bribed. He is loyal to G0-T0 and the Exchange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mira say its because nobody else will hire him? One more thing, your scenario where Urai fights them off, ( is that yours?) whatever is wrong. It would be Hanharr fighting while at the same time, HKs are in hidden spots, and sniping him. He wouldn't survive. They would make HK's definition of love.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

cookiemanthecook's Avatar


cookiemanthecook
01.03.2013 , 06:21 AM | #74
Oh god i am going to get debated by pros but here is my opinion,

I think Tyber Zann will win because we must not forget the arena is the whole galaxy not just Nar Shadda, imo he gets the edge here because he has a orginised army and so on,


but i like G0-TO more as far as character goes >:

Ausstig's Avatar


Ausstig
01.03.2013 , 07:12 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
See, planets don't matter. G0-T0 will never leave Nar Shaddaa, unless he has to inorder to escape. There would be no need to attack other planets. Just wait until your enemy rears their head. He holds the cards on Nar Shaddaa, all of them.

Also, Hanharr wouldn't be bribed. He is loyal to G0-T0 and the Exchange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mira say its because nobody else will hire him? One more thing, your scenario where Urai fights them off, ( is that yours?) whatever is wrong. It would be Hanharr fighting while at the same time, HKs are in hidden spots, and sniping him. He wouldn't survive. They would make HK's definition of love.
But if G0-T0 doesn't leave then how can he destory Tyber's power base?

Tyber can (and does) project power on a galactic stage. The war is all over the galaxy if G0-T0 doesn't leave Nar Shaddaa then Tyber wins by default.

Hanharr won't be bribed? Is loyal to the Exchange? What game where you playing? He (if you are dark) comes to YOU with a plan to find G0-T0 and kill for the Hutt. So yeah, he is not as loyal as Urai.

Also how do picture the fight going down? they walk into an area and some one yells start? I pictured it that either
1. Hanharr arranged events before hand with Tyber.

or

2. They ambush him with the HKs on point, Urai senes something and slips away. His troops get shoot up and he plays a cat and mouse game picking off the HKs one by one. Then he has a Boss Battle with Hanharr and gets Tyber to convince him join. Also G0-T0s' HKs weren't all that good a fighting.
Have Force lightning will travel

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.03.2013 , 08:27 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post

If G0-T0 could effect worlds directly he would not have needed the Exile to his work for him.

Again you under rate Zann and his forces while making G0-T0 out to be some sort of god. Zann does not make many, if any, mistakes and G0-T0 is not as clever as you think, squid face hide his planes from him extremely well, not to mention G0-T0 gets taken out by the remote. Mr Fenn, he has a name you raciest, is far clever then you give him credit, he would scrap any HKs that come after him, they didn't do too well against force sensitives, not to mention he is close to 4'000 years old, he was alive during the Great Sith War, you don't live that long in the underworld with out great skill. He also EXTREMELY loyal to Tyber so your beleif that he would turn is laughable.
You need to do a little more reading up on G0-T0. His operations on Nar Shaddaa influenced several worlds throughout the Republic, keeping them from going bankrupt. Through his guiding hand the Republic was able to stay strong and not crumble in on itself. So yes, he can influence worlds. He just doesn't do it guns blazing like Zann.

Squid-face gets killed by the Ubese assassins, who turn against him once hired by G0-T0 because he finds out his plans. So no, he did not hide his plans well.

G0-T0 does NOT get taken out by the remote. Again, read more up on G0-T0. In cut content from KOTOR 2, G0-T0 defeats HK-47 if the Exile is darksided. Yeah, defeats HK-47. However, if the Exile is light sided,HK-47 brings along two HK-50s, and all three combined finally manage to kill him. So no, he was not killed by the remote.

You're wrong again. The HK-50s did not do well against the Exile because they wanted her alive. To kill Urai, all they have to do is snipe his head off. HK-47 killed hundreds of force users, and these HKs are upgrades to him.

I never suggested Urai would join G0-T0.... However, if you want another reason why Hanhaar would stay with G0-T0, the beast would probably want to test his skills against Urai. From what I can tell, Hanharr doesn't care about credits, just bloodshed, and he has more opportunity for bloodshed fighting for G0-T0 than Zann.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.03.2013 , 08:43 AM | #77
Monsier! Mesemi! Le dastardly Warren Stride has struck again! Sacre bleu! Nice analogy. May I just say though I didn't mean to say 'caught off guard' but led off the trail. The attack on the Exchange base was designed to distract G0-T0 from Zann's true intentions. However you've provided substantial evidence that G0-T0 has a lot of control and influence concerning the black market, as the Exchange specialises in dealing with black market technology, just like Zann.

I also notice people are saying that Tyber Zann is immune because he can move on a galactic stage while G0-T0 cannot. But this is not true, if anything Zann is racing against the clock. From the word 'go' (yes that is how the Kaggath starts ) G0-T0 is having Zann hunted down by a legion of HK-50 assassin droids, and mercenaries. If Zann does nothing, G0-T0 will simply assassinate him. But I'm going to put Warren Stride's and others arguments for G0-T0 in a scenario, similar to my previous one.

While the whole gang war is erupting on Nar Shaddaa (I do believe Zann is smart enough to enact one without angering the locals) Tyber Zann anonymously purchases a crystal gravfield trap off the black market. However G0-T0 being an art connoisseur, gets word of the deal. However Zann covers his tracks well and G0-T0 cannot come up with any hard evidence that Zann is the buyer. But he puts two and two together and suspects as much. So G0-T0 begins lulling Zann into a false sense of security, letting him gain the advantage on Nar Shaddaa and making it look like he has his hands full. He also purchases a super fast stealth ship off the black market, and makes sure Zann knows about it, which he keeps docked on the Visionary. Meanwhile G0-T0 instructs Hanharr and a few HKs to capture Urai Fen who is no doubt leading the charge, but make it look like they killed him. Zann quickly gets word of this and becomes enraged, accelerating his plans.

But not completely foolhardy however he takes only the Merciless, under stealth, to Nar Shaddaa so G0-T0 doesn't see the attack coming, but G0-T0 knows Zann is on his way, so isn't caught off guard. Upon arriving Zann sends out a message on a holofrequency heard by all above the moon, including G0-T0, that the Visionary is his and no one is too. interfere. He wants revenge. However before he can ionize the Visionary and decloak it, G0-T0 replies saying he has Urai Fenn captive and if Zann fires Fenn will die. While Zann is considering whether it is a bluff etc. G0-T0 launches his super fast stealth ship out of the Visionary in a decoy attempt to escape. But Zann expected as much (he knows about the ship) and fires on it, destroying it (or maybe it gets away, irrelevant, all the matters is he thinks G0-T0 is no longer on board). He then ionizes the ship and it decloaks, but nobody fires on it because of Zann's warning, and the fact he has a massive capital ship to back it up. He sends some people, not going himself because he is wary of traps left by G0-T0, to rescue Fenn, the destroys the Visionary. But G0-T0 is still on board and smuggles his way onto the Merciless. Then he waits for the opportune moment and kills Tyber Zann.

G0-T0 then takes control of the Merciless, killing everyone on board, and cloaks it in the exact same place the Visionary used to me. He now reassumes control of the Exchange but instead of a cloaked yacht his got a nice big cloaked capital ship, and as an added bonus everyone thinks his dead.

This is just one of the ways G0-T0 can outsmart Zann. What is really important though it that he can, not how he does it. This is how I see G0-T0 winning if he did.

NOTE: It is a fallacy that Urai Fen is Force sensitive. As he used his stun ability around ysalamiri.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.03.2013 , 10:18 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
NOTE: It is a fallacy that Urai Fen is Force sensitive. As he used his stun ability around ysalamiri.
I'm glad you liked the analogy and it convinced you.

I support your scenario, it seems like a likely possibility. I'm still pushing for the fact that G0-T0 assassins have been underestimated and they will probably kill Zann before any of that even happens though.

One thing about the NOTE: as much as I would like it to be, that's not actually true. Urai is force sensitive. In some of the first dialogue you hear between Zann and Urai, Zann jokes and teases with Urai by asking if the hawk-man joined the Jedi while Zann was gone. Also, I'm almost sure that Urai is a member of one of those species where everybody is force sensitive.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm glad you liked the analogy and it convinced you.

I support your scenario, it seems like a likely possibility. I'm still pushing for the fact that G0-T0 assassins have been underestimated and they will probably kill Zann before any of that even happens though.

One thing about the NOTE: as much as I would like it to be, that's not actually true. Urai is force sensitive. In some of the first dialogue you hear between Zann and Urai, Zann jokes and teases with Urai by asking if the hawk-man joined the Jedi while Zann was gone. Also, I'm almost sure that Urai is a member of one of those species where everybody is force sensitive.
Oh really? Well Wookieepedia says otherwise but whatever. And yes chances are G0-T0s assassins might get to him before any of that actually happens. But Tyber Zann is going to keep himself well defended at all times, and I don't think the Zhug brothers or the Gand nest or any other bounty hunter will be up the task of killing him. Not even the HK-50s (they were defeated by T3 remember :P) If anything it would take time and planning, which G0-T0 doesn't have a lot of.

Query: How is it that HK-47 is stronger that HK-50 and HK-51, despite technically being an inferior unit?

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.03.2013 , 10:29 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
But if G0-T0 doesn't leave then how can he destory Tyber's power base?

Tyber can (and does) project power on a galactic stage. The war is all over the galaxy if G0-T0 doesn't leave Nar Shaddaa then Tyber wins by default.

Hanharr won't be bribed? Is loyal to the Exchange? What game where you playing? He (if you are dark) comes to YOU with a plan to find G0-T0 and kill for the Hutt. So yeah, he is not as loyal as Urai.
G0-T0 doesn't need to leave Nar Shaddaa. But his forces (aka HKs, Ubese bounty hunters, Gand, Exchange, Zhug Brothers) will move across the galaxy to hurt Zanns powerbase. Also remember that in order to win G0-T0 just has to kill Zann. G0-T0 is all about endgame.

There's no winning by default. Traya stayed on Malachor and she won. Somehow. Anyways, staying in one place does not make you lose by default. In this case, it'll make G0-T0 win.

What game were -you- playing? You don't bribe Hanharr, he comes with you because he wants bloodshed. He doesn't care about credits, just battle. And siding with G0-T0 will get him many more people to kill than siding with Zann. There's no reason for him to defect.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?