Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1
Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 10:05 AM | #2
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Quraswren
01.03.2013 , 10:07 AM | #3
On this short and long list of things the game needs in the coming months.

SGR is not one of them. While I truely think it should have been included at the beginning of the game and should be added at some point since it was not in to start. It's doesn't need to be added in any short amount of time.

It needs to be done right, Not some thrown together dialogue to appease SGR couples and those that are just groupies.

Spend your BW/EA development time on current game issues and much needed content in form of long term play. Get the game running better, get the content people actually play and not some 10 secs dialogue option that fades to black and leaves the rest to imagination (which BTW is the way Hetero scenes work) -

It needs to be in game but it should have been a back burner idea slowly worked on to be right and not just thrown together.
So much else needs to be worked on in the game Vs having a 10 secs dialogue option to make SGR couples feel they got there monies worth.

Kariella
01.03.2013 , 10:12 AM | #4
hopefully this statement will be neutral enough so as not to lock the thread... but here we go

I think people need to keep in mind that a SGR is not necessarily homosexual... for example

if in RL you are a male and your game character is female then it might be akward if your game romance partner is male
and the reverse
If in RL you are a female and your game character is male then it might be akward if your game romance partner is female

take into consideration that there is content tied to romance all the SGR really does is let you experience all the game content
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

CommunitySupport
01.03.2013 , 10:14 AM | #5
Please remember that discussions of political and social issues are not permitted. Please make sure to keep your comments directly on the topic of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Phorenzyk
01.03.2013 , 10:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
So much else needs to be worked on in the game Vs having a 10 secs dialogue option to make SGR couples feel they got there monies worth.
there's a 491 page thread over in story & lore of people who've been waiting for this since the game launched. a few lines of dialogue may seem silly to you, but to them, it's a sign that bioware's finally starting to give them what they've been fleetingly promised for so long.

doesn't seem too unreasonable to finally throw them some bread to chew on while bioware keeps preparing the full course, y'know?

LordArtemis
01.03.2013 , 10:19 AM | #7
I personally don't care either way, but would like to see it added for those folks that desire it. It is a staple of Bioware and should have been in at launch.

By participating in or playing the game I think it's likely players are not forced to condone or participate in mass murder, magic use, drug use, etc...and therefore would not condone anything else added to the game just by playing it.

Folks that do take exception to this type of feature being added to the game probably should not be participating in the game anyway due to the other things that you have to participate in that would also likely be violations of a similar viewpoint.

I will say it again, as I have many times...SWTOR is not a religion, nor is it a political party. It is a mechanism for profit. Aside from breaking the law anything is game.

NeuroniaSW
01.03.2013 , 10:19 AM | #8
I don't see this is a big issue ingame.

My Imperial Agent Ursule would definitely "go" for Kaliyo because they share a lot of personality traits (lust for violence, bordeline sadism) but my Jedi Knight Loryta wouldn't go there with Kira Carsen.
As long as it's a branching option [Flirt] with my companion and that's about it then I'm fine with it.

Quraswren
01.03.2013 , 10:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Phorenzyk View Post
there's a 491 page thread over in story & lore of people who've been waiting for this since the game launched. a few lines of dialogue may seem silly to you, but to them, it's a sign that bioware's finally starting to give them what they've been fleetingly promised for so long.

doesn't seem too unreasonable to finally throw them some bread to chew on while bioware keeps preparing the full course, y'know?
Well I seiousely doubt what they want is some poorly thrown together content just to pander to them and shut them up.

Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Get the game working better. Get the long term content in game and as thats going on get SGR dialogue and options as a legitimate addition and not some thrown together garbage.

Anyone can make some SGR options and throw it in game. Look at the NPC thing. Might as well not put that in at all cause it's not what most SGR groups want. They want legitimate SGR companion options and dialogue.

To get it right, t takes a little more time, a little more thought to make it a decent story and merge it into the content that has a little meaning to it along with companions that actually go out in the world with you.

Throw some crappy option in there and the SGR groups will be just as pissed as if you didn't include it at all.

Fixing the game and providing long terms content for everyone should be the priority. SGR should come but not hastily.

Ravager
01.03.2013 , 10:22 AM | #10
On the issue of how resources would theoretically be diverted from other issues to include same gender romances with Makeb, I would have to disagree. In the main game, there are a select few encounters where you are able to engage in a romance with an NPC. They are short, generally, but some have actually developed quite nicely (as with a certain NPC in the Trooper story). What is being promised with Makeb is the same thing, but for both genders--if they are already bringing in the voice actors and coding the conversations, then it is much easier for them to simply not have to flag the conversations for both genders. The voice work is there, and the developers do not need to worry about the conversations between both genders being different. The amount of work needed for a couple encounters to integrate these romances is minuscule in the grand scale of Makeb.

As changing existing dialogue in the vanilla game with companions and NPC's, yes, that will require work. However, as stated, those are being pushed back anyway, so there is nothing to be worried about.
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild