Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anger and fear.

Vlad_Dracul_
12.28.2012 , 07:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
I think the ideal Sith would be unbound by any moral standards and would have the Sith efficiency and disregard for weak and Jedi calmness and focus. When I was playing my Sith characters I went by that mentality. I always chose conversation responses that had calmness, wit and mocking attitude. This makes you look like you always have things under control and that nothing can get to you. I never chose options that included anger. I enjoyed the most when Jedi opponent got angry and I would preach to him, make fun of him and tell him how pathetic he is. To me anger is not only a loser emotion but also makes one look unintelligent.
Just like i said. Your Sith has obviously trolling as a passion

Path-x
12.28.2012 , 06:31 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlad_Dracul_ View Post
Just like i said. Your Sith has obviously trolling as a passion
Hahaha well I guess you are right.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Dranett
01.03.2013 , 06:58 AM | #33
Well comparing sith to real life people is a bit unfair since the force doesn't exist in real life. Dark side of the force is powered by your emotions, the more emotional you are the stronger you get, although it is just as easy to lose control over that power and become an ignorant, pridefull, idiot which, is the sith downfall they use their emotions to fuel their strenght, but eventually get too pridefull and die because of it or get mortally injured (Anakin).

However that generally happens with sith who are new and more rash, the key is like a lot of people mentioned before me is to control those emotions. Fear is the most basic and the easisest emotion that you can feel so, whether you like it or not nearly all sith feel fear. At first from their masters and/if they become a master from ther aprenticesses or other masters, this keeps them focused and constantly watching their backs.

Anger is the gateway to hatred which can be directed towars a lot of things, towards the enemy, towards weaker sith, even towards the sith himself/herself it doesn't really matter though, as long as there is enough emotion it is fine. You can compare it to a boxer receiving a pep talk from his coach before a match but in this case emotions are not only a drive but, also the fuel for the dark side which the sith will use.

You are taking the subject of anger as we normal people do, our bodies produce adrenalin we stop getting tired but become ragefull and lash out to, eventualy get exhausted after putting our bodies through an unnessecary ordeal but, it isn't the same with sith it is more of a constant thing, they always feel anger, always feel fear and hatred, these empower them they also corrupt them and deform them in some ways, of course there are exceptions to this but im not going to disscuss them here, what i wanted to say was in essence the anger that we feel as real people is different than what the sith feel. It is more like achieving control over your anger and channelling it to a certain object or person. I guess what im trying to say is it is a means to an end not the end itself.

Beniboybling
01.03.2013 , 07:17 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Dranett View Post
Anger is the gateway to hatred which can be directed towars a lot of things, towards the enemy, towards weaker sith, even towards the sith himself/herself it doesn't really matter though, as long as there is enough emotion it is fine. You can compare it to a boxer receiving a pep talk from his coach before a match but in this case emotions are not only a drive but, also the fuel for the dark side which the sith will use.

You are taking the subject of anger as we normal people do, our bodies produce adrenalin we stop getting tired but become ragefull and lash out to, eventualy get exhausted after putting our bodies through an unnessecary ordeal but, it isn't the same with sith it is more of a constant thing, they always feel anger, always feel fear and hatred, these empower them they also corrupt them and deform them in some ways, of course there are exceptions to this but im not going to disscuss them here, what i wanted to say was in essence the anger that we feel as real people is different than what the sith feel. It is more like achieving control over your anger and channelling it to a certain object or person. I guess what im trying to say is it is a means to an end not the end itself.
I would agree with you, anger and all emotions used by the Sith are simply means to an end. This is why I believe there must be other ways to achieve dark side power, perhaps without emotion and instead through meditation, or by feeding off the emotions of others.

Surinen
01.03.2013 , 08:30 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would agree with you, anger and all emotions used by the Sith are simply means to an end. This is why I believe there must be other ways to achieve dark side power, perhaps without emotion and instead through meditation, or by feeding off the emotions of others.
most probably meditation and channeling dark side of the force just like the Sith ( race ) did, there is no need for emotions, otherwise Emperor, Lord Scourge and Sith Warrior would be completely cut off from their powers since they are "numb"
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Lordmird
01.03.2013 , 04:22 PM | #36
FEAR
Fear is not to be feared
Fear is edge
Fear keeps you on your toes
Fear keeps one eye open when you sleep
Fear adds caution to courage
CONQUER FEAR
and fear is not your foe
FEAR IS YOUR FRIEND.

Royal Marines Commando It's A State Of Mind
Sith Lords It's A State Of Mind and Body
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

captaincr
01.04.2013 , 02:58 PM | #37
Anger and fear aren't tne end emotions of the Sith.

The Sith fear most of all, losing their power either through defeat or death. Fear of anything heightens the survival instinct and gives you the requirement to dominate all instances of your life, your rivals etc.

Anger The Sith don't really subscribe to Berzerker type of rage where they lash out at everything. The Sith know that anger on its own is a negative emotion, but negative emotions like fear and anger allow you to draw on the dark siide of the force. A calm Sith is a worthless Sith. Being calm is equivalent to being at peace with your situation or circumstances. Anger and Rage allow you to lash out at your cage and destroy it,

"I can feel your anger, it gives you focus and makes you stronger" Darth Sideous to Skywalker.

Sideous and Reven and Bane however knew that those base emotions had to an extent be controlled and unleashed at the time when you needed that power instead of just constantly being angry and afraid. You had to use those emotions in pursuit of a nobler goal whether it was the aquisition or power, or control or revenge.

Also remember that Darth Plageous stated that first you need to gain control over yourself, then another person, then a group then a planet then a galaxy.

But the first step was getting control of yourself.

The Sith are not all blind rage enduced killers, the really successful ones, know when to use fear, and when it is to their benefits to slaugher and kill.

Darth Bane even told his apprentice Darth Zannah that as a Sith you don't kill for killings sake that makes you a monster, you kill when it benefits you and helps you reach your goals.

But a calm Sith is pretty well going to be dead meat against a Sith that fears losing his power and death and is angry at his situation because those Sith can draw on the full power of the Dark Side of the forth.

A calm Sith can probably throw enough force lightning to light a cigar.

Polyneux
01.04.2013 , 09:02 PM | #38
Meh..

The goal has always been that... the goal.. Power.. the Dark Side of the Force...

That's the key... the -Dark- side of the Force.

It is impossible really to relate these emotional states to real life examples... Of course anger can make you sloppy. Of course fear can make you sloppy. Being completely apathetic can make you sloppy too. Trusting everyone can make you sloppy. ANYTHING can be done to a degree that causes failure, we could spend all day thinking about that.

But we're not -really- talking about emotions. We're talking about the Force. What's interesting about the Force is, as real life beings, there is no possible way that we can imagine or relate to it. Sure we can dream of telekinesis or whatever, but if you read between the lines or take a viewpoint away from Ego, you see a much powerful mechanic at work.

It's like a drug addiction. You are rewarded for lashing out in anger by this dose of power. Others have compared it to adrenaline. As your emotions get more complex you get more complex rewards. You -want- to survive off of this, just like any other drug addiction, so you become -good- at whatever it is that you need to do to create those feelings.

Bad Sith lash out irresponsibly, get exploited and killed, even by their own people. That's how the game works. Good Sith force those emotions to work for them.

Bad Jedi lash out in anger, not knowing how to control it, and get killed, even by their own people. That's how the game works. Good Jedi focus on their passive feelings or basket weaving and coax those feelings to work for them.

The Force is an individual thing.

maxetius
01.04.2013 , 09:05 PM | #39
Fear is the mightiest emotion. You can't be courageous without fear, because courage is the ability to CONQUER it.

Fear of death is the most important and most powerful motivator there is. Without fear of death, their own death or the death of those who matter to them, people are not nearly as capable of pushing themselves to do the impossible.

A true Jedi does not know fear, and thus does not know courage, valor, or heroism... because all of those necessitate fear.

Something to think about.

I agree with you on Anger, however. It gives you flash strength but makes you stupid... Generally not useful.

FINNT
01.05.2013 , 09:18 AM | #40
"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to sufferinggg."
:laser: