Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Tanking Stat Weights


Marb's Avatar


Marb
01.02.2013 , 11:56 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
Have any hybrid Jugger's/Guard's been able to approach those stat weights?

Assuming you are using all Mitigation Heavy 27's therefore:

Ear/Implants with 60 Shield + 60 Absorb/Def
Mods with 44 Absorb/Def
Enhancements with 60 Shield + 24 Absorb/Def
1 EHW Relic with +120 mitigation Stat
14 Augments +18 migitation stat per aug

The Stat Budget would be 1716. However because of everything having 60 Shield rating on it. The Minimum amount of Shield Rating gain-able without using Endurance Heavy Enhancements is 600. This however doesn't line up with the suggested numbers for a budget of about 1700.

I tried experimenting with only swapping the enhancements out for the 60end/48shield/24 def or absorb to attempt to bring down shield chance and budget to perhaps levels that would be more obtainable but it ends up leaving you with a budget of 1632 and a minimum shield rating amount of 516 which still wasn't enough

Am I being really dense and just missing something?

Finally would not itemising in such a away as a Jugger make you spikier so to speak?
The suggested stat distribution for juggs is optimal, but not possible due to itemisation. Trying to artificially lower your shield chance wont do anything other then increase your endurance / accuracy, and wont bring you any closer to those values, as you can't trade shield rating for defense.

Just take your ratings and punch them into this spreadsheet if all you want to do is optimise your stat spread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548796
Zerkhan - Harbinger

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
01.03.2013 , 05:23 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
Have any hybrid Jugger's/Guard's been able to approach those stat weights?

Assuming you are using all Mitigation Heavy 27's therefore:

Ear/Implants with 60 Shield + 60 Absorb/Def
Mods with 44 Absorb/Def
Enhancements with 60 Shield + 24 Absorb/Def
1 EHW Relic with +120 mitigation Stat
14 Augments +18 migitation stat per aug

The Stat Budget would be 1716. However because of everything having 60 Shield rating on it. The Minimum amount of Shield Rating gain-able without using Endurance Heavy Enhancements is 600. This however doesn't line up with the suggested numbers for a budget of about 1700.

I tried experimenting with only swapping the enhancements out for the 60end/48shield/24 def or absorb to attempt to bring down shield chance and budget to perhaps levels that would be more obtainable but it ends up leaving you with a budget of 1632 and a minimum shield rating amount of 516 which still wasn't enough

Am I being really dense and just missing something?

Finally would not itemising in such a away as a Jugger make you spikier so to speak?
A question what would be your 2nd relic in this case, a situational one? Because otherwise getting 2 EWH's is better.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Marb's Avatar


Marb
01.03.2013 , 05:32 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
A question what would be your 2nd relic in this case, a situational one? Because otherwise getting 2 EWH's is better.
If anything, 2 EWH is just as situational as a click relic. The campaign sh/abs click is better than EWH in enough endgame encounters to warrant having the freedom to swap it in. Unless of course you just don't like having to click a relic, and are ok with having a sub-optimal relic loadout in said encounters.

On an unrelated note, pushing into 63's it seems the dread guard absorb proc is being overtaken by the EWH, even for a vanguard. Weighting some vanguard and juggernaut BiS AMR profiles and comparing the two relics in each, the EWH is better in both cases by a small amount. So I guess if your in high mitigation 61's/63's, the dread proc is obsolete. Sad considering I have always felt the need to defend this relic on my server, but its finally worse off than the pvp ones.
Zerkhan - Harbinger

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
01.03.2013 , 05:36 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post
If anything, 2 EWH is just as situational as a click relic. The campaign sh/abs click is better than EWH in enough endgame encounters to warrant having the freedom to swap it in. Unless of course you just don't like having to click a relic, and are ok with having a sub-optimal relic loadout in said encounters.
I don't think that the EWH relics are sub-optimal at all, I like the constant boost instead of a short time boost where it's quite possible to forget taking advantage of every time, activated wrong time and an annoying cooldown on that clicky relic makes it worse. A loot of good players use 2 EWH relics.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Marb's Avatar


Marb
01.03.2013 , 05:49 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
I don't think that the EWH relics are sub-optimal at all, I like the constant boost instead of a short time boost where it's quite possible to forget taking advantage of every time, activated wrong time and an annoying cooldown on that clicky relic makes it worse. A loot of good players use 2 EWH relics.
I would never criticise someone for having that preference, but I would take issue with you saying its better. 2 EWH is popular because its set and forget, you never have to worry about clicking it. Also I only said sub-optimal in relation to the encounters that call for the click relic, which is enough to reason that having a click relic on hand is sensible, and weighting your stats with assumption of 2 EWH is not wise.
Zerkhan - Harbinger

commanderpaul's Avatar


commanderpaul
01.03.2013 , 06:09 AM | #66
removed

Lacedemon's Avatar


Lacedemon
01.03.2013 , 07:31 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
A question what would be your 2nd relic in this case, a situational one? Because otherwise getting 2 EWH's is better.
I have a DG Proc Absorb Relic and a DG on use Shield/Absorb relic that I switch between depending on the encounter
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

tyrsnbdr's Avatar


tyrsnbdr
01.10.2013 , 06:09 PM | #68
So I used this thread as a base to min/max my Shadow. However, as I get closer to my goal, the harder it is to get perfectly aligned with these numbers. So, what advice do you give me going forward?

Def. 408. <------- A little low. Need to boost.
Shield 567
Abs 543

What I want to avoid is buying 2 full sets of def and abs augments and my understanding is that you can't directly trade shield for def. you can only trade def for abs. I have all 61+ mods and enh, I have 1 columi armoring, 1 columi hilt, 2 rakata armoring, so that can only improve endurance and willpower. My relics are DG shield amp and imperiling serenity, i have the same campaign relics and I have enough comms to get an EWH relic if recommended.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
01.10.2013 , 06:41 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by tyrsnbdr View Post
Def. 408.
Shield 567
Abs 543
That's actually pretty good. Since you can't not get more than enough Shield while maximizing mitigation and stat budget and the ratings don't account for that, having slightly more Absorb than "recommended" is actually recommended.

As to your relics, your first goal should be getting one of the DG heal proc relics: it's the BiS relic for Shadows. From there, either get a DG abs proc relic or an EWH Defense relic (your other passive relic option is Shield rating and you've already got more than enough of that). The DG tank use relics aren't that great because the devs nerfed their uptime; the Camp shield/abs use relic is decent because it still has the 30 sec duration, but I still wouldn't use it over either of the other 2.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

tyrsnbdr's Avatar


tyrsnbdr
01.10.2013 , 08:47 PM | #70
Thank you. I'll work on getting the healing relic and boost my def when I go from 61 to 63s.