Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 03:51 AM | #4881
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
I want SGRs as much as the next Star Wars obsessed lesbian (or is that lesbian obsessed star wars fan? hm), and I'm quite happy with this announcement. SGR NPC relationships is a good start.

I can't believe people are saying they would quit because of the lack of SGRs though, get a sense of perspective. Really, it makes life and SWTOR so much more enjoyable.
I said basically the same thing and got flack for it.

amnie
01.03.2013 , 04:11 AM | #4882
Quote: Originally Posted by Likomg View Post
Sadly for you (based solely on your sig lol), Corso would be highly unlikely imo. First, he does not seem to fit the mold; his boyishness is more of an "aw, shucks" country-boy type, not a bicurious type -- as demonstrated in his OGR behavior, as well. And with this romance, in particular, there would be a *lot* of work restructering the entire romance arc, rather than just flipping a gender switch.
I actually completely disagree. my first smuggler, my 'testy' back in beta, was male... and the minute Corso appeared my 'gaydar' went into overload. this has got nothing to do with that weird concept of 'bicurious' (so no 'I'm only gay for you' garbage) ... he may be the 'texan farm boy' stereotype to an extend, but I don't know if you've actually played his whole arc or not... the boy's got some past. he likes to treat women nice, and he's definitely waaaaay too nice in a OGRA, something I can't see him doing in a SGRA where he knows he doesn't have to be a 'hero' and 'protecting his lady' (which he already does even when you don't have a relationship with him as a female smuggler)

not forgetting to mention that he's still using that 'flirtly, sparkly smile' even when the smuggler is male, so yeah...

granted that's just my person opinion, but I'm pretty sure there's 'country boys' who are bisexual or gay, and as I said before I could see a relationship with a boy like Corso being way different depending on their gender (might just be personal experience but I'm not getting into that one. lol)

I also want to add: even if this wasn't planned, I'm pretty sure that BW is aware that a lot of folks really really enjoy Corso, more than the other male romancable companions, anyway (and seriously, if you want to go by 'stereotypes', I can say I'd be kinda bothered if the only guy made available for SGRA would be someone like Quinn)

on top of that, considering BW seems to have that route of giving at least one romance option per class/gender, I'd say the same was probably planned for a homosexual romance. and then Corso is the only option for a smuggler anyway (Bowdaar or Guss? really? eh yeah... Guss is like 13 and Bowdaar 300 :P)

Rashenn
01.03.2013 , 04:38 AM | #4883
Reading the official post it said :

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

As opposed to WITH Makeb. Sounds to me like it's Makeb only and not earlier.

Hope I'm wrong

Sr_Garcia
01.03.2013 , 04:53 AM | #4884
So now my agent is trapped forever in a relationship with Temple or can I just break her heart?
I hope so, but poor Temple....

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 05:03 AM | #4885
Quote: Originally Posted by Rashenn View Post
Reading the official post it said :

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

As opposed to WITH Makeb. Sounds to me like it's Makeb only and not earlier.

Hope I'm wrong
My guess would be, not likely. Updating past content is such a way is, most of the time, just not worth it, as players tend to look forward and not back ie "But what can my level 50 do now?"

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 05:04 AM | #4886
Quote: Originally Posted by Sr_Garcia View Post
So now my agent is trapped forever in a relationship with Temple or can I just break her heart?
I hope so, but poor Temple....
Your part of the Empire and an Agent. Breaking hearts is what you do, sometimes with a blaster.

Fyuria
01.03.2013 , 05:04 AM | #4887
Seeing some people freaking out over on general now that SGR has been reconfirmed, is disappointing, but not surprising in the least.

And it's not even companions, it's only NPC same-gender flirts.

LadyDrusilla
01.03.2013 , 05:08 AM | #4888
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I said basically the same thing and got flack for it.
To be fair, plenty of time for me to get flack for it yet.

People are frustrated, and I understand it. I've been waiting twelve months to stick my tongue in REDACTEDs REDACTED. But when you consider the various implications, from media reaction to the fact they have to the voice actors and actresses back to do more lines, I'm not surprised it is taking them longer than we would like and yes communication could be better. But it doesn't make BW evil or SWTOR a bad game, and it isn't worth quitting over or abusing people who also want SGR. By all means flame the homophobes...
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

MoogleNut
01.03.2013 , 05:17 AM | #4889
So I've slept on it (sort of, since all the caffeine that I'm not supposed to have in the million lemsips I've drunk in the past two weeks have totally screwed up my already fragile sleep patterns), and while I'm still annoyed that it's taken a paid expansion to see any SGR interactions, I have to admit it is at least a step in the right direction.

The announcement does seem to indicate that they are working on integrating companion arcs, so I will remain cautiously optimistic on this front.

Plus it's amusing seeing the panic in the haters' (I loath that term but it'll do) eyes at the preposterous idea that somehow now playing ToR will give them 'the gay' hehe.
(Maybe we should remind them that if it wasn't for a gay man, they wouldn't be able to play on a computer in the first place? Alan Turing anyone? )

Plus it means I can finally play my cyborg Jk and hear Laura Baily's voice again

amnie
01.03.2013 , 05:40 AM | #4890
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyuria View Post
Seeing some people freaking out over on general now that SGR has been reconfirmed, is disappointing, but not surprising in the least.

And it's not even companions, it's only NPC same-gender flirts.
I'm getting more and more 'suspicious' of bioware's reasoning behind it and my mind keeps driving back to 'they want to see reactions first and have people get used to it bit by bit' so they don't lose subscriptions over there (which is silly since I BET they would KEEP just as many subscriptions if this had been in-game right from the start)