Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer team player?

lironBD
12.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #1
just re subb'd and wanted to take advantage of the new war hero gear becoming free for warzone tokens.

anyway wanted to ask you this days which real sorcerer do best as a team player for ops etc...
healer or dps?
and which tree for that roll will be best?

and wanted to ask if war hero gear + campaign armoring will be decent enough for ops?
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

TheNahash
12.22.2012 , 07:46 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
just re subb'd and wanted to take advantage of the new war hero gear becoming free for warzone tokens.

anyway wanted to ask you this days which real sorcerer do best as a team player for ops etc...
healer or dps?
and which tree for that roll will be best?

and wanted to ask if war hero gear + campaign armoring will be decent enough for ops?
First of all, Sorcs do fine DPS-wise. They are not the top dps class, but you can rest assured that you'll be able to do all existing content with no problems (provided you are geared for it, ofc). The disappointing thing about Sorc DPS is that you can be out-dped by a less geared marauder or sniper and as you can imagine that's not something people are always willing to overlook.

For PVP most sorcs go as healers. That's not to say that there are no DPS sorcs doing pvp, but we go down way too easy and our damage is mostly dependent on dots and channeled abilities and that's not a good combination for the fast pace of warzones.

There are two predominant specs for healing: Pure corruption and the Corruption/Lightning spec.
Their main difference is that with Pure Corruption you get the AoE heal, which helps you put out bigger numbers, and with the hybrid spec you lose the aoe but gain more in terms of survivability due to Electric Bindings and Backlash (aka Bubble Stun). The idea behind the first one is that you do more healing therefore heal your team with less downtime and the idea behind the second one is that you might not do as much healing but you also die a lot less therefore you help your team more.

As for your last question, it depends. If you are talking about story mode, yes you can pretty much do all current ops in Campaign+War Hero gear. But if you're talking about TFB HM or EC NiM, then you might run into some issues. Of course, everything pretty much depends on whether your teammates are well-geared; if they've got BiS gear and know what they're doing the loss of your dps or healing power will not make any significant difference. However keep in mind that unless we're talking about guild-mates and not random groups, people tend to frown upon players who use PVP gear for PVE because they feel like they're carrying them.

Ottoattack
01.02.2013 , 01:18 AM | #3
True regarding people in ops and FPs looking down to people with PvP gear. As it currently stand my PvP gear is stronger than tionese, colmuni, rakata and comparable to black hole. Yet people think that someone in tionese is stronger than me.

For DPS, equally skilled and geared marauder will put at least 10% more dps than a sorceress.

wwkingms
01.02.2013 , 11:42 PM | #4
i generally lead every warzone i do in dmg done...

that being said its all fluff and sorcs cant put any real pressure..

i just run around and try be annoying as possible while letting the juggs, mara's and pt's on my team be the meat shields .. i do throw bubbles on them to fluff my healing numbers.. when they do finally eat dirt i sprint away and look for another fight to sit and cast from the outskirts
NIHIL

THE BASTION