Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Stat Weights

TheBigGregski
12.27.2012 , 05:52 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Maximize your stat budget by using high Shield enhs and unlettered mods. This, combined with your augments, provides you with your total stat budget.
Problem is, there are ABSOLUTELY NO low end/high abs enhancements on any DG stuff, and NO shadow mods. The only high Abs mod I got came from a hazmat headgear I luckily dropped on HM Asation. Which make our optimization too much random-dependant for my taste. Or did I miss something ?

Griad
12.27.2012 , 07:09 AM | #52
I have around 25.5k health on my sin tank and i tank everything ingame fine dont see the big issue and my healers claim that i am fairly easy to heal.

Yes i do tend to take a little more spike damage because of my lower damage reduction but overall i handle it fine and according to mox parser i tend to take less damage overall than rest of the tanks.

Atm i have around 35% defense, just about 41% damage reduction, 66% shield rating (with DW) and around 55% absorb, yes absorb could be higher. These stats will change as i switch around some of the mods and relics.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Kitru
12.27.2012 , 10:09 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
Or did I miss something ?
All of the DG tier items that drop can be crafted. For the stat optimizer, make friends with the various top end crafters on your server and get the mods and enhs you want crafted for you. Yes, there aren't any Sturdiness or Immunity Enhs (much to my chagrin), but that's just something you have to deal with, especially since there weren't any for the Campaign tier either (and for the Rakata tier you had to either get *really* lucky with a schema drop or pick them up from HM/NiM chests as explicit enhancements).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Shubedobedo
12.27.2012 , 11:55 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post

POWERTECH/VANGAURD

> d100(dr):=1/(100)*(5 +2+ 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( (dr+46) / 50 ) / 0.55 ) )): ;
I think you equation for d100 is wrong when I enter my rating it does not mach up to in game. Also where does that 2 come from?

Shubedobedo
12.27.2012 , 12:01 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Shubedobedo View Post
I think you equation for d100 is wrong when I enter my rating it does not mach up to in game. Also where does that 2 come from?
my bad i figured it out had the wrong stim on ......... but still don't know were the +2 comes from can you tell me plz

Shubedobedo
12.27.2012 , 12:04 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Shubedobedo View Post
my bad i figured it out had the wrong stim on ......... but still don't know were the +2 comes from can you tell me plz
never mind its the resistance lol

TheBigGregski
12.27.2012 , 12:08 PM | #57
All of the DG tier items that drop can be crafted. For the stat optimizer, make friends with the various top end crafters on your server and get the mods and enhs you want crafted for you. Yes, there aren't any Sturdiness or Immunity Enhs (much to my chagrin), but that's just something you have to deal with, especially since there weren't any for the Campaign tier either (and for the Rakata tier you had to either get *really* lucky with a schema drop or pick them up from HM/NiM chests as explicit enhancements).
Unfortunately, nobody on my server seems to be able to craft any tank mod/enh for the moment. Plenty of dps stuff, but nuthin' for the meat shields

Kitru
12.27.2012 , 12:29 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
Unfortunately, nobody on my server seems to be able to craft any tank mod/enh for the moment. Plenty of dps stuff, but nuthin' for the meat shields
Which server are you on and which side do you play? If you can't find any on one faction, try checking the other faction (I know I had to swap over to Empire to find someone that could make most of my Robust 27 unlettered mods until someone on Repub finally learned it). I know that most of the servers maintain a decent network of crafters that know what the others craft and, at least for Pot5 (my server), there is actually a consistently updated thread that has the various crafted items and who makes them. Spamming on the fleet isn't the only way to find crafters and, oftentimes, for the specialized items (like specific mods and enhs), it's not enough.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

TheBigGregski
12.27.2012 , 07:16 PM | #59
Which server are you on and which side do you play? If you can't find any on one faction, try checking the other faction (I know I had to swap over to Empire to find someone that could make most of my Robust 27 unlettered mods until someone on Repub finally learned it). I know that most of the servers maintain a decent network of crafters that know what the others craft and, at least for Pot5 (my server), there is actually a consistently updated thread that has the various crafted items and who makes them. Spamming on the fleet isn't the only way to find crafters and, oftentimes, for the specialized items (like specific mods and enhs), it's not enough.
Nah, I checked on both sides believe me, and nobody has them (I'm on Battle Meditation, Republic side btw, and there are only a few guilds beside mine able to farm DG/Hazmat gear on this server)

Lacedemon
01.02.2013 , 11:34 PM | #60
Have any hybrid Jugger's/Guard's been able to approach those stat weights?

Assuming you are using all Mitigation Heavy 27's therefore:

Ear/Implants with 60 Shield + 60 Absorb/Def
Mods with 44 Absorb/Def
Enhancements with 60 Shield + 24 Absorb/Def
1 EHW Relic with +120 mitigation Stat
14 Augments +18 migitation stat per aug

The Stat Budget would be 1716. However because of everything having 60 Shield rating on it. The Minimum amount of Shield Rating gain-able without using Endurance Heavy Enhancements is 600. This however doesn't line up with the suggested numbers for a budget of about 1700.

I tried experimenting with only swapping the enhancements out for the 60end/48shield/24 def or absorb to attempt to bring down shield chance and budget to perhaps levels that would be more obtainable but it ends up leaving you with a budget of 1632 and a minimum shield rating amount of 516 which still wasn't enough

Am I being really dense and just missing something?

Finally would not itemising in such a away as a Jugger make you spikier so to speak?
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server