Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does it feel like that Jedi Shadow tanks are squishy in pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why does it feel like that Jedi Shadow tanks are squishy in pvp?

NamikazeNaruto
01.02.2013 , 05:58 PM | #11
Gotta say, I'm not in DPS gear and it seems like I'm very hard to kill most of the time. There are a lot of games I die 0 times. I run with about 28.7k hp and around 1100 expertise. 30% defense rating 37% shield and 37% shield absorption unbuffed. The two things you want to be most worried about are HP and expertise. I got the highest hp armorings/mods/enhancements/augments possible for every slot. You also want to make sure that your defense is around 30% while doing this.

Rilok_Singz
01.02.2013 , 06:12 PM | #12
-Know when to use defensive abilities.
-Know when to use both taunts otherwise you will shoot yourself in the foot if done wrong.
-Know how to LOS.
-Where are your numbers sitting at ? For example HP, shield absorb, defense chance etc.
-Know when to use CC's. Lock down people who actually do seem to drain your hp.
-Know when to use telekinetic throw for a little bit of self healing.(otherwise it will get stopped and pretty much be a waste)
-Know when to use CC breaker
Not being an a** but test these out 1st. I personally have no issue with tanking and there are plenty of better tanks on my server who are twice as good.
S h a d o w R i l o k | G u a r d i a n R y y j i n
C r e s c e n d o | S y n e r g y

Altheran
01.02.2013 , 06:20 PM | #13
Why Shadows tank are squishy for tank ? Because all defensive rates are easy to ignore and Shadows rely heavily on it, if not the most of all tanks. At the same time they also have the least damage reduction (not much higher than some DPS specs) because it's supposed to be balanced with self-healing... the same mechanic that is reduced by the Trauma, and drop to zero each time you've been controlled.

And keep in mind that Assassins experience the same concerns.

MasterFeign
01.02.2013 , 06:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Shadows tanks have force stun and force lift (the lift cc only lasts 8 seconds) plus the mind maze used in stealth, how many stuns does the Assassin have I wonder? hmm
electrocute, whirlwind and mind trap are the 3 mirrors to the one's you've mentioned.

I've found I get more survivability wearing dps gear and hitting harder, because things die faster. I run 23 1 17.

RaithHarth
01.02.2013 , 06:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
No thats not all you were curious about since you obviously did not know the classes were mirrored.
I already knew they are mirrored, it just doesn't feel like they are mirrored that's what I'm trying to get at, whenever I'm in a same faction warzone everything feels fine, but when I'm up against the Empire everything is just so overwhelming that my HP can barely hold it together.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

JackNader
01.02.2013 , 09:04 PM | #16
Sins are the squishiest of all tanks. There is one spec that I run for huitball that is actually reasonably tanky. It's complete garbage for anything else tho

Philelectric
01.02.2013 , 09:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Shadows tanks have force stun and force lift (the lift cc only lasts 8 seconds) plus the mind maze used in stealth, how many stuns does the Assassin have I wonder? hmm
Shadows have the equivalent of low slash in infiltration, the equivalent of electrocute(main stun) ,the equivalent of spike(knockdown), mind maze just like assassins and the equivalent of instan whirlwind if specced.

I'm sorry but you have a VERY big L2P issue or you are trolling or you have a massive issue with your brain.

Shadows and assassins are the exact same classes. One is a nice guy,the othe is a bad guy. Other than that, there is no difference with the amount of stuns and other skills.
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

MindgameZ
01.02.2013 , 09:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
Shadows have the equivalent of low slash in infiltration, the equivalent of electrocute(main stun) ,the equivalent of spike(knockdown), mind maze just like assassins and the equivalent of instan whirlwind if specced.

I'm sorry but you have a VERY big L2P issue or you are trolling or you have a massive issue with your brain.

Shadows and assassins are the exact same classes. One is a nice guy,the othe is a bad guy. Other than that, there is no difference with the amount of stuns and other skills.
nice guys finish last
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

Wookubus
01.02.2013 , 10:23 PM | #19
you feel squishy because now everyone is rocking augmented WH gear where as before is was mostly BM with a few pieces of wh.... and the fact we cannot mitigate 80% of the dmg done in wz's: force and tech. and is now magnified ten fold by the wh gear surge.

absorb and shield are only useful for pve and NPC's who auto attack, completely useless in pvp. so thats 1-2 stats in every mod/enhancement wasted. on pvp specific armor.

the fact shadow tanks are having to use dps gear cause absorb and shield do nothing in pvp should say it all.

ok yes, i admit i do last a bit longer than pure dps prson... but for the sacrifice of any/all dps, i would expect the tradeoff for survivability to be much greater

alexsamma
01.02.2013 , 10:45 PM | #20
You're feeling squishier on your shadow tank because of the change to resolve, which translates to you being stunned more, which means you're not able to utilize your self healing as often.

Shadows/sins rely on active mitigation to stay alive and with the massive amount of cc in the current game it is more challenging to utilize your active mitigation.