Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
01.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #4831
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Need coffee and gonna get my DA:O on, but Lent, here's the quote you were referring to.
Exactly, thanks a lot for posting, that was the one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Narien View Post
The same could have been said about Kaiden in the ME-Verse, and yet...
I was totally going to post this.... before you posted it! Kaidan is in fact my fav example of how presumeably straight companions can turn out to be bisexual later in the game and still make sense. <3

QwibQwib
01.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #4832
Now the fun part begins again: What NPCs in various planets do you think might give a SGR flirt? A real one; not like with cases such as the dancing girls or the "ladies" in Nar Shadaa.
I wouldn't mind a male dancer . Twi'lek slave girls and Leia-clones have had a monopoly on that market for too long, I say.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Tatile
01.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #4833

Now the fun part begins again: What NPCs in various planets do you think might give a SGR flirt? A real one; not like with cases such as the dancing girls or the "ladies" in Nar Shadaa.

I could see Darth Lachris (Balmorra) giving a SGR flirt. She seems far more attracted to power than anything else. Forget homosexuality or bisexuality, the Sith have got "power-sexuality," down to a science.
That one cute guy on Balmorra in the Agent storyline. I forget his name, but he's super cute and very friendly and I would swap him for Kaliyo in a heartbeat.

That Welsh chap on the wall of Lord Grathan's estate. I'd show him my ergonomic chair.

And the one on Hoth with the snow tigers!

Lent_San
01.02.2013 , 05:25 PM | #4834
Whoops, Nozy, I confused you with someone else, sorry for that. In case you read my post earlier. Damn those avatars.

Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
I wouldn't mind a male dancer . Twi'lek slave girls and Leia-clones have had a monopoly on that market for too long, I say.
I tend to agree.

Quote: Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
...and I hope that the content meets this quality standard because you folks deserve it.
Cheers!
Thanks!

chuixupu
01.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #4835
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That one cute guy on Balmorra in the Agent storyline. I forget his name, but he's super cute and very friendly and I would swap him for Kaliyo in a heartbeat.
Sanju Pyne. *sigh* Female agents do get some mild flirt options with him.

Also, Aristocra Saganu on Hoth.

Those are the two npcs that made me wish rolled a female toon, lol.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 05:35 PM | #4836
It's off topic, but I completely agree. The APAC servers need some help badly. Other than addressing SGRs, I wanted them to address the APAC server issues. Those poor players get tons of lip service and no real help. With my hours, most of my gaming friends over the years have been from NZ, Aussie Land or Across the Pond.

Meanwhile, on topic...yep, I'm still jazzed.

I could see Darth Lachris (Balmorra) giving a SGR flirt. She seems far more attracted to power than anything else. Forget homosexuality or bisexuality, the Sith have got "power-sexuality," down to a science.

Oh and I'm still hoping for a Vette romance eventually. I still enjoy speculating on who might be available too.
Lady of Pain on Tatooine.

AshlaBoga
01.02.2013 , 05:38 PM | #4837
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Lady of Pain on Tatooine.
My PT with the Lady of Pain? That both scares and arouses me.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Artanisia
01.02.2013 , 05:41 PM | #4838
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yes, Sanju Pyne! I levelled a femmeAgent and his mini-romance was quite adorable. And don't get me started on Aristocra Saganu. My current male Agent would be all over him. Literally.

I am really happy that we finally got an answer. It might not be the kind of answer a lot of us had hoped for (a tiny-itty-bitty part of me had hopes for at least a HK51-like (as in a companion for all classes) SGRable character...)
Wow, double-brackets... need more coffee, obviously.

I hope that this announcement wasn't just another blip on the radar, and that we will get more information about SGRs in a timely manner.

*goes back to bouncing around the room and squeeing like a lunatic*

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 05:48 PM | #4839
[COLOR="Plum"]Don't mind him. He's always concerned for us and I'm sure he knows best.
Wow. I offered up a suggestion that gives what's asked for, could bring in money to TOR, and just adds new content period, and you come off with a comment that makes it sound like you're more interrested in winning some pc award.

Now, I don't know about every romance storyline out there, but I doubt there's some switch they can hit that says "okay SGR enabled"...ie, they don't have the scenes for it. And from what I've seen of the romance options so far, is at some point theres talk about having babies (again not sure about all)...and if that's the case with all of them, then that would have to be reworked/reworded.

On that note though, it's making me think all the races we can play are genetically compatible to have kids together. And thusly that question of mine is answered.

Narien
01.02.2013 , 05:48 PM | #4840
Quote: Originally Posted by Likomg View Post
I would not know, as I haven't yet tried out any of the MEs yet. However, I assume Kaiden was created to be SGRable? Corso does not seem to have been, and we *are* talking about BW-Austin, not BW-Edmonton (which is responsible for ME). Unless corso already had an entire SGR romance line built into the game, just not turned on, then it's unlikely that it would be rebuilt from the ground up at this point, just due to the costs involved and the severe downturn of the population since release limiting the ability to focus so many resources into rewriting one specific character's arcs.
Quite the contrary, Kaidan (have to correct myself here, it's an A, not an E) was created to be the exclusive male romance character available to FemSheps in Mass Effect. He's the quintessential male character through the first two games, but in ME3 if you set things up correctly, he will make a pass at a Male Shep.

You're thinking of Cortez or Traynor (both of which were masterfully done by the way) for characters meant solely as SGRs. As for Austin vs. Edmonton, I don't think it's a manpower issue, it's a time issue. If they're really committed to bringing SGRs in for companions (which Jeff's little snippet makes me considerably more certain of), it's then a question of how long it will take. Mechanically speaking, the reworks they're already going to have to do to accomodate max-level toons is going to dwarf the time needed for specific tweaks and rewrites.