Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jugg tank PvE endgame gear question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Jugg tank PvE endgame gear question

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
12.30.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1
Hi ladies and gentlebeings :-)
I read here on forum (in other threads) where people were discussing defensive stats of Jugg tanks. Some people claim, that they reached 30+K hp and 30def / 50 shield / 50 absorption.
How can you reach this?
I already have good gear - all level 27 modable parts (with BH accessory and i'm still far, far from this).

My stats
Health 28,158 Hp
Armor rating 8183
Defense chance 29,63 (597 points)
Shield chance 47.43 (630 points)
Shield absorption 45,57 (319 points)

So as you can see i'm still nowhere near the godly 30k 30/50/50 by far ...
Thank You for any tips regarding this.


My gear
Everywhere (in every armor and mod slot on all equipment parts)
Advanced Guardian Armoring 27 (60 str / 64 end)
Advanced Elusive Mod 27B (44str / 56 end / 34 def)

So only differences is in Enhancement types and Augment types as follows per item:

Head
Adv. Vigilant Enh. 27 (60 end / 56 str / 13 abs) + Adv. Absorb Augment (18 abs / 12 pow)

Body
same like head

Gloves
Adv. Steadfast Enh.27 (60 end / 48 sh / 24 def) + Adv Redoubt Aug (18 def / 12 pow)

Belt
Adv. Shield Aug (18 sh / 12 pow)

Greaves
Adv. Bastion Enh 27 (48 end / 60 sh / 24 def) + Adv. Redoubt Aug (18 def / 12 pow)

Boots
same like greaves

Bracers
Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Generator
Advanced Cognizant Enh. 26 (45 end / 57 accuracy / 22 abs) + Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Saber
Adv. Might Hilt 27 (72str / 52 end)
Advanced Steadfast Enh. 27 (60end / 48 sh / 24 def) + Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Accessory
BH Bulwark MK1 + Adv. Fortitude Aug (18end / 12 pow)
BH Bulwark MK1 Implant + Adv Fortitude Aug
BH Bulwark MK1 Implant + Adv Fortitude Aug

2x WH Relic of Impereiling Serenity (113 def) + Adv Fortitude Aug

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
12.30.2012 , 03:01 PM | #2
Honestly, they lied. You can't hit those numbers on a Jugg tank. It's EITHER 30/50/50 or massive HP and lower mitigation. Even then, 50% shield is tough to reach if you go Hybrid unless you use Shield Augs.

You also have accuracy on your Shield gen, ditch that for more mitigation.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
12.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Honestly, they lied. You can't hit those numbers on a Jugg tank. It's EITHER 30/50/50 or massive HP and lower mitigation.
I managed 29.4k hp, 29.74% Defense chance, 49.84% Shield chance, and 50.44% Absorb with Ask Mr Robot, which is close enough to 30/50/50 with 30k hp in most people's mind. It's not really an optimal stat allocation: I had to the absolute best gear possible, use all Fortitude augs, all Endurance heavy mods and armoring, and then play around with the enhancements to get more Endurance at the cost of shield without affecting the absorb/defense ratio. EWH Defense relics are required to get the passive defense and Endurance. It's not really optimal since you're just dumping Endurance on Endurance while purposefully handicapping your mitigation growth based on an arbitrary suboptimal assignment of roughly equal stacking (you want a lot more Defense than you're capping yourself at to get to the optimal ratio because Guardians don't have enough Shield/Absorb to make stacking them as effective as Shadows and VGs get).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
12.30.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I managed 29.4k hp, 29.74% Defense chance, 49.84% Shield chance, and 50.44% Absorb with Ask Mr Robot, which is close enough to 30/50/50 with 30k hp in most people's mind. It's not really an optimal stat allocation: I had to the absolute best gear possible, use all Fortitude augs, all Endurance heavy mods and armoring, and then play around with the enhancements to get more Endurance at the cost of shield without affecting the absorb/defense ratio. EWH Defense relics are required to get the passive defense and Endurance. It's not really optimal since you're just dumping Endurance on Endurance while purposefully handicapping your mitigation growth based on an arbitrary suboptimal assignment of roughly equal stacking (you want a lot more Defense than you're capping yourself at to get to the optimal ratio because Guardians don't have enough Shield/Absorb to make stacking them as effective as Shadows and VGs get).
Impressive, I apparently stand (close enough to ) corrected.

Was that including the 5% accuracy debuff as 'Defence'? I assume it also has pitiful strength and hence lower threat generation too?
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
12.30.2012 , 05:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Was that including the 5% accuracy debuff as 'Defence'? I assume it also has pitiful strength and hence lower threat generation too?
Nope. Not including any of the temp buffs or debuffs. Just the passives and roughly 600 pts of Defense.

And, yes, the threat generation would have been pretty painfully bad: Strength was pretty much absolutely minimized.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.31.2012 , 04:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Hi ladies and gentlebeings :-)
I read here on forum (in other threads) where people were discussing defensive stats of Jugg tanks. Some people claim, that they reached 30+K hp and 30def / 50 shield / 50 absorption.
How can you reach this?
I already have good gear - all level 27 modable parts (with BH accessory and i'm still far, far from this).

My stats
Health 28,158 Hp
Armor rating 8183
Defense chance 29,63 (597 points)
Shield chance 47.43 (630 points)
Shield absorption 45,57 (319 points)

So as you can see i'm still nowhere near the godly 30k 30/50/50 by far ...
Thank You for any tips regarding this.


My gear
Everywhere (in every armor and mod slot on all equipment parts)
Advanced Guardian Armoring 27 (60 str / 64 end)
Advanced Elusive Mod 27B (44str / 56 end / 34 def)

So only differences is in Enhancement types and Augment types as follows per item:

Head
Adv. Vigilant Enh. 27 (60 end / 56 str / 13 abs) + Adv. Absorb Augment (18 abs / 12 pow)

Body
same like head

Gloves
Adv. Steadfast Enh.27 (60 end / 48 sh / 24 def) + Adv Redoubt Aug (18 def / 12 pow)

Belt
Adv. Shield Aug (18 sh / 12 pow)

Greaves
Adv. Bastion Enh 27 (48 end / 60 sh / 24 def) + Adv. Redoubt Aug (18 def / 12 pow)

Boots
same like greaves

Bracers
Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Generator
Advanced Cognizant Enh. 26 (45 end / 57 accuracy / 22 abs) + Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Saber
Adv. Might Hilt 27 (72str / 52 end)
Advanced Steadfast Enh. 27 (60end / 48 sh / 24 def) + Adv. Absorb Aug (18 abs / 12 pow)

Accessory
BH Bulwark MK1 + Adv. Fortitude Aug (18end / 12 pow)
BH Bulwark MK1 Implant + Adv Fortitude Aug
BH Bulwark MK1 Implant + Adv Fortitude Aug

2x WH Relic of Impereiling Serenity (113 def) + Adv Fortitude Aug
nah I think they either counted the additional absorb they get from the proc relic or additional defense they get from the clicky relic. They might have added 4% to their numbers due to Commanding Awe too. But gear wise it's not possible to get 30k+ hp and those stats. I am full 63 with fortitude augs and I have 29.5% def, 50% shield, 45% absorb with 30.4k hp.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
12.31.2012 , 08:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
nah I think they either counted the additional absorb they get from the proc relic or additional defense they get from the clicky relic. They might have added 4% to their numbers due to Commanding Awe too. But gear wise it's not possible to get 30k+ hp and those stats. I am full 63 with fortitude augs and I have 29.5% def, 50% shield, 45% absorb with 30.4k hp.
Thanks guys for all replies.
Hm and yeah, the above highlited seams to me reasonable. I still dont have Hazmat Accessory and EWH relics, so my gear will be rearranged to reflect different stats on it (diffrent to BH bulwarks).

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
12.31.2012 , 10:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Nope. Not including any of the temp buffs or debuffs. Just the passives and roughly 600 pts of Defense.

And, yes, the threat generation would have been pretty painfully bad: Strength was pretty much absolutely minimized.
Interesting sidebar: not only does minimizing strength nerf threat, it also weakens Blade/Sonic Barrier by a significant amount. It never occurred to me before that the unlettered mods provide even higher survivability than just the secondary stats would suggest due to the higher allocation of primary stat. Not sure how much more off the top of my head, but certainly a fair bit.

Of course, the question is academic, since the unlettered mods are already vastly superior to the lettered variants for Guardians/Juggernauts and Vanguards/Powertechs alike, but it seemed interesting.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

gripenfelter's Avatar


gripenfelter
01.01.2013 , 10:39 AM | #9
It's possible but you will sacrifice some strength, and be in the immortal tree. I'm currently at 28.5K HP with 29% Def, 49.5% SH, 49.25% Abs and still have (2) 63 armorings, (3) 63 mods, and (2) 63 enhancements to go. This is fully buffed or course with exotech fort stim.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge."-Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic
]

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
01.02.2013 , 05:41 PM | #10
My question is why the hell do you want 30k health as a tank? It's just more healing required.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics