Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why does it feel like that Jedi Shadow tanks are squishy in pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why does it feel like that Jedi Shadow tanks are squishy in pvp?

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
01.02.2013 , 04:21 PM | #1
Even with full elite war hero gear, it just doesn't add up why I get killed so quickly, so it just me or does the empire have more arsenal at there disposal than we do? The Inquisitors have more stuns than any class, your completely helpless when your stunned to the point of no return, yet you don't see consulars providing that amount of stuns at there disposal, it's almost like our absorb and shields are useless against power/surge/critical attacks because my HP bar drains rather quickly against them.

Shadow tanks could use a boost of something
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Kalifus's Avatar


Kalifus
01.02.2013 , 04:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Even with full elite war hero gear, it just doesn't add up why I get killed so quickly, so it just me or does the empire have more arsenal at there disposal than we do? The Inquisitors have more stuns than any class, your completely helpless when your stunned to the point of no return, yet you don't see consulars providing that amount of stuns at there disposal, it's almost like our absorb and shields are useless against power/surge/critical attacks because my HP bar drains rather quickly against them.

Shadow tanks could use a boost of something
Do you attack when there are five enemy around you, and none of your friends around to help, causing the five enemy to focus you? If you answer yes it might be a L2P issue.

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
01.02.2013 , 04:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalifus View Post
Do you attack when there are five enemy around you, and none of your friends around to help, causing the five enemy to focus you? If you answer yes it might be a L2P issue.
It's understandable when there is five enemies surrounding you and focusing all there effort on one particular player, however that isn't always the case, there have been times when I'm squaring off against a player with full DPS capabilities and he manages to take me down with ease, some of there abilities seem to take a major toll on my HP than others, lets take a bounty hunter's tracer missiles for example or a operatives backstab, those right there deplete my health bar rather rapidly.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
01.02.2013 , 04:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
It's understandable when there is five enemies surrounding you and focusing all there effort on one particular player, however that isn't always the case, there have been times when I'm squaring off against a player with full DPS capabilities and he manages to take me down with ease, some of there abilities seem to take a major toll on my HP than others, lets take a bounty hunter's tracer missiles for example or a operatives backstab, those right there deplete my health bar rather rapidly.
That is the reason most SIN tanks use DPS gear.

Your defensive rating and shield really only help you against marauders / juggs, and sins backstabs / rail shot etc. White damage.

Tech attacks like tracer missile, blade storm / force scream, smash, flame burst will still take their toll on you.

And you also get a move that negates them for 5 seconds.

Really shadows survivability, if you add in the ability to cloak out and heal up, is far better than any other tank.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
01.02.2013 , 04:42 PM | #5
Have to agree with what the others are saying. I know my shadow tank felt squishy to me when I started, until I learned to play better. I'm still not great (some say not even good ), but after learning how to use defensive CDs more effectively I at least feel less squishy to myself now. It's all about using stuns, cloacking, etc. defensively instead of offensively. IMHO of course.

jmsutton's Avatar


jmsutton
01.02.2013 , 04:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Even with full elite war hero gear, it just doesn't add up why I get killed so quickly, so it just me or does the empire have more arsenal at there disposal than we do? The Inquisitors have more stuns than any class, your completely helpless when your stunned to the point of no return, yet you don't see consulars providing that amount of stuns at there disposal, it's almost like our absorb and shields are useless against power/surge/critical attacks because my HP bar drains rather quickly against them.

Shadow tanks could use a boost of something
Lol, nice troll. 8/10?

You do realize that Inquisitors and Consulars are mirror classes and so have exactly the same stuns that last exactly the same durations, right?

Envyyyyyyy's Avatar


Envyyyyyyy
01.02.2013 , 04:58 PM | #7
You're doing it wrong.
30%defense.
45% shield
60% absorb.
1300+ Expertise.

Get pocket healed and it will take a very skilled dps to take you down.
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
01.02.2013 , 05:05 PM | #8
I have three sets of gear for my shadow. One full tank for huttball, one unlimited power one for 31 0 10 / 2 31 8 and one with a tad less power and crit for when i go balance spec. When I carry the ball in full expertise/survivor gear adjusted for a bit of defence, there are powertechs on TOFN that kill me in 5 seconds tops, with a 5k railshot through deflection.


To answer the question, Shadow tanks are by far the squishiest tanks in PVP at this point in time. Our only defensive ability has been broken for months and nobody cares. I got 4k railshot thru resilience today and that my friends has a trolololol label attached to it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Envyyyyyyy View Post
You're doing it wrong.
30%defense.
45% shield
60% absorb.
1300+ Expertise.

Get pocket healed and it will take a very skilled dps to take you down.

Uhmm ... 'get a pocket healer' ... I am sorry but with a pocket healer it will take a very skilled dps to take you down in any class.

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
01.02.2013 , 05:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jmsutton View Post
Lol, nice troll. 8/10?

You do realize that Inquisitors and Consulars are mirror classes and so have exactly the same stuns that last exactly the same durations, right?
Shadows tanks have force stun and force lift (the lift cc only lasts 8 seconds) plus the mind maze used in stealth, how many stuns does the Assassin have I wonder? hmm
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
01.02.2013 , 05:42 PM | #10
Shadows also have a 2 seconds knockdown, which is basically a stun.