Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x
01.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #1
First and foremost, Kaliyo. Even when I first meet her she already annoyed me like hell. I said to myself "I will so enjoy eliminating you at the end of Hutta" but then to my terror I got her as a first companion. Not only that, I had to put up with her UNTIL Alderaan when I got the bug (which I was reluctant too take too but was happy to replace Kaliyo). In the end I decided to give her another chance and completed her storyline but my opinion of her only worsen exponentially. After completing all 8 storylines and seeing all companions, Kaliyo is by far the most annoying and disgusting companion in the game.

Then it is the Bone face with the head wrapped in the bandages (kinda stupid even from appearance point of view since he can't wear any of the cool hoods). I didn't want to take him as an apprentice and I agreed with Harkin completely. Yet the game did not give me an option at least agree with him on the matter. All the conversation options were either in support of the Xalek or just purely against Harkin. That really annoyed me.

Then there is Quinn. I know many ladies liked him but I was just reluctant to take him. Now I actually like imperial officer characters but he was just the annoying type. A complete opposite of Grand Moff Kilran, for example.

Oh and I didn't want Bowdaar simply because I hate wookiees.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

KryptikX
01.02.2013 , 02:15 PM | #2
Wait... You think Kaliyo is worse than Skadge?!?
Adapt or Die

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 02:21 PM | #3
Gault. Not because he can't be enjoyable (he reminds me of the green demon (forgot his name) from Angel), but because my only option for my BH was "trick the system" not that she isn't above tricking the system, but she may not have done it there.

Bird_of_Thunder
01.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #4
Vette. She was very, very annoying and too snide/sarcastic. Although shock collar was fun.

I personally liked Xalek, just becuase Kaleesh are so friggin awesome. Combine with Sith, you officially have the ultimate killing machine.

When the Quinncident occurred, I wanted to kill him. Of course there was no option, and even if there was I wouldn't want to get rid of my l33t healz

I dislike Torian honestly. The electrostaff thing annoyed me for some reason, and he was "above" taking revenge on Jun Seros. He also didn't like cheating a few people. Real killjoy that guy was...

Finally, I didn't want Ashara. Too nice...
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Harlequintwo
01.02.2013 , 03:40 PM | #5
I've got to sort of agree with the Kaliyo thing. Although I was fine with her coming aboard, I started to get a bit annoyed with her when she took a dislike to my loyalty to the Empire. When the end of her companion storyline arc, IC my character would have eliminated her there and then. Unfortunately I knew I was stuck with her, so I gave her the "we have to work together" speech. I still would have taken her, but the death option would have been appreciated at that point.

psandak
01.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #6
Hands down - Skadge. I wanted to kill him the SECOND I met him.

A close second though - Sargent Rusk. There is no reason why the Jedi Knight would take him aboard.

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 03:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
I've got to sort of agree with the Kaliyo thing. Although I was fine with her coming aboard, I started to get a bit annoyed with her when she took a dislike to my loyalty to the Empire. When the end of her companion storyline arc, IC my character would have eliminated her there and then. Unfortunately I knew I was stuck with her, so I gave her the "we have to work together" speech. I still would have taken her, but the death option would have been appreciated at that point.
I'm suprised when I've had a few options being against the Empire, gave me a negative reaction from Mako.

Phyreblade
01.02.2013 , 03:52 PM | #8
Skadge. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to finangle his way on board my ship, dangit. Course, he doesn't like me too much, either. One of us is eventually going out the airlock. And since I'm the heroic figure in this little group, it won't be me.

And Kaliyo. I figure I'm atrocious as heck, because I had my male Operatitve seduce Kaliyo, just to keep her kinda hanging in there liking him, altough he secretly despised her. He lol'ed when he told her he was dumping her for Temple. Ah, good times.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

stuffystuffs
01.02.2013 , 04:03 PM | #9
Doc

"So...you just sexually harassed me throughout Balmorra and now you want to be my ship doctor? Sure, that's not creepy at all!"
Node guarder

Ardim
01.02.2013 , 04:26 PM | #10
Skadge... I seriously, seriously, want to shoot that guy. In the head. With a motherf***ing ROCKET LAUNCHER!
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative