Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x

First and foremost, Kaliyo. Even when I first meet her she already annoyed me like hell. I said to myself "I will so enjoy eliminating you at the end of Hutta" but then to my terror I got her as a first companion. Not only that, I had to put up with her UNTIL Alderaan when I got the bug (which I was reluctant too take too but was happy to replace Kaliyo). In the end I decided to give her another chance and completed her storyline but my opinion of her only worsen exponentially. After completing all 8 storylines and seeing all companions, Kaliyo is by far the most annoying and disgusting companion in the game.

Then it is the Bone face with the head wrapped in the bandages (kinda stupid even from appearance point of view since he can't wear any of the cool hoods). I didn't want to take him as an apprentice and I agreed with Harkin completely. Yet the game did not give me an option at least agree with him on the matter. All the conversation options were either in support of the Xalek or just purely against Harkin. That really annoyed me.

Then there is Quinn. I know many ladies liked him but I was just reluctant to take him. Now I actually like imperial officer characters but he was just the annoying type. A complete opposite of Grand Moff Kilran, for example.

Oh and I didn't want Bowdaar simply because I hate wookiees. :p

Edited by Path-x

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vette. She was very, very annoying and too snide/sarcastic. Although shock collar was fun.

I personally liked Xalek, just becuase Kaleesh are so friggin awesome. Combine with Sith, you officially have the ultimate killing machine.

When the Quinncident occurred, I wanted to kill him. Of course there was no option, and even if there was I wouldn't want to get rid of my l33t healz :rak_03:

I dislike Torian honestly. The electrostaff thing annoyed me for some reason, and he was "above" taking revenge on Jun Seros. He also didn't like cheating a few people. Real killjoy that guy was...

Finally, I didn't want Ashara. Too nice...

I've got to sort of agree with the Kaliyo thing. Although I was fine with her coming aboard, I started to get a bit annoyed with her when she took a dislike to my loyalty to the Empire. When the end of her companion storyline arc, IC my character would have eliminated her there and then. Unfortunately I knew I was stuck with her, so I gave her the "we have to work together" speech. I still would have taken her, but the death option would have been appreciated at that point.

I've got to sort of agree with the Kaliyo thing. Although I was fine with her coming aboard, I started to get a bit annoyed with her when she took a dislike to my loyalty to the Empire. When the end of her companion storyline arc, IC my character would have eliminated her there and then. Unfortunately I knew I was stuck with her, so I gave her the "we have to work together" speech. I still would have taken her, but the death option would have been appreciated at that point.

I'm suprised when I've had a few options being against the Empire, gave me a negative reaction from Mako.

Skadge. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to finangle his way on board my ship, dangit. Course, he doesn't like me too much, either. One of us is eventually going out the airlock. And since I'm the heroic figure in this little group, it won't be me.

And Kaliyo. I figure I'm atrocious as heck, because I had my male Operatitve seduce Kaliyo, just to keep her kinda hanging in there liking him, altough he secretly despised her. He lol'ed when he told her he was dumping her for Temple. Ah, good times.

Skadge - Without a doubt, numero uno on my list of unwanted companions. Wanted to kill him as soon as I saw him and that desire has not abated one damn bit.

Kaliyo - While I think she's a well-written character, my ia never would have let such a loose cannon on her ship. She would have found some way to get rid of that security risk with or without official sanction.

Rusk - I just...wha?? Why the heck is this guy on my ship???

Nadia - Want to smack her every time she opens her mouth. Seriously.

Temple - Ok, Temple I didn't mind taking with me to begin with but (IA spoilers)

having such a rabid we-live-to-serve-the-Sith psycho on the ship of an agent who is now actively working AGAINST the Sith is...uh...problematic.

And finally, Gault - Gault *technically* is on the list because I really wanted to kill him to begin with. Really wanted to. However, the guy has completely grown on me, and I'm now glad he's on my crew.

(Shout out to my trooper crew, which I love in its entirety!)

I started to get a bit annoyed with her when she took a dislike to my loyalty to the Empire.

Oh I completely forgot about that annoying trait. I am an "Empire guy" so her anti-imperial stance wanted me to throw her into the airlock and drop her out in the deep space.

Vette. She was very, very annoying and too snide/sarcastic. Although shock collar was fun.

I didn't like Vette at the beginning but then she quickly grew on me. Now I kinda feel sorry that my Warrior married h*rny psycho girl (Dark Jaessa :p) instead of Vette.

Edited by Path-x

Pretty much a tie between Gault and Skadge.

The bounty on the true Gault is one I'd had happily collected....and Skadge, as soon as he joined I took the dialog choices on the ship where I threatened to push him into the propeller shaft, or whatever, and his reponse was more or like "you're so funny, dude!", seriously?

I don't want either in my crew and usually take dialog choice one or both of them disagree with. [-34 affection]

Skadge. This thing treatens me, promises to take away my ship, acts like a complete idiot through entire Belsavis arc - and I have to let him join my crew? Really. I mean, really?!

Kaliyo was fine. Annoying at times, yes, but at least I can see some logic behind having her around. Having Skadge is beyond any logic, it's a mockery.

I liked Vette but I think it's weird to make a Twilek pirate a Sith Warrior companion for so much of the game, for story/roleplaying reasons. You just can't imagine Darth Vader running around with his blaster-wielding girlfriend.

With Inquisitor the idea of the feared Sith Lord and her bodyguard monster, Khem Val, just feels kinda right. If you run with Khem Val for a while you really begin to like the idea that if anybody messes with you, they mess with Khem Val, too.

I've only played through the Consular, Warrior and Agent stories to the end so far so my list is far from complete, but the companions I wish I could have left behind so far have been Broonmark and possibly Doctor Lokin.

Broonmark is just boring to me. So far all I've seen of him is just this bloodthirsty killing machine, not a lot of substance.

Lokin also seems a bit boring to me, but at least he's more interesting than Broonmark.

So yeah, from all the companions I've had so far, if I had to kick any out, it would be those two.

Definitely Kaliyo.

The thing is, she's not a bad character, in fact I think she's been written very well. The problem is she's a bad IA companion. I mean the IA is supposed to a discreet and loyal agent of the Empire yet we're given Kaliyo who hates authority and wants nothing more than random casual violence.

Its also pretty silly how we get her. I mean we've known her for the best part of 5 minutes and Imperial Intelligence are suddenly all like "Hey I just met you, and this is crazy....but join our top secret Agency which totally no one should know about but for whatever reason were going to trust a psychopathic anarachist like you aboard, and make you well aware of our top secret objectives and dossier" I mean really??

Honestly she should have been swapped for the Smuggler's Akaavi and made Akaavi a tank as well as changing her backstory a little bit.

I mean the IA is supposed to a discreet and loyal agent of the Empire yet we're given Kaliyo who hates authority and wants nothing more than random casual violence.

Huh. I, on the contrary, think that giving every class some companions that don't really fit in is a good idea. I mean, what fun would it be if we only had loyal people who agree with our major goals on the crew? Giving us someone who se opinion isn't similar to PC's also provides some sort of conflict, something to think about. Anarchistic Kaliyo for the loyal servant of the Empire. Easy-going Vette for a brutal sith warrior. Gloomy Akaavi for a smuggler, who is all about fun and jokes. Weasel Doc for a strict jedi knight, etc.

But, of course, it should also be logical. Not like "Hi, I'm Skadge, I'm a complete jerk going to steal your ship, so take me along!".

Edited by Yria