Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Desri
01.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #81
Thanks for the update Jeff! Looking forward to the new planet- my husband and I have already bought the expansion. Also relieved SGR will only be on NPCs, although not sure why we need it. And I do hope it's easy to opt out. I realized you'd have to redo all the conversations for all the characters and companions to start over now. Not so good. The companions have so many dynamics as is. One false decision and it's a -52 ! And there's my female Juggernaut threatening poor Malavai Quinn into a romance- eesh Sith are monsters in love too... It's all fun.

Can't wait to talk with my companions again.

Congrats on making better sales! And looking forward to more fun events. The Chevron (sp?) was great I got 4 legacy weapons for my companions. Sorry Life Day didn't pan out was hoping we'd all meet in Alderaan although it may have been a bit messy for those under 30 (you have to walk thru bad guys).

I'm also looking forward to trying the PTS and possibly consolidating all my characters. I think it would require 24 slots on one server tho- in the least 16 (8 of each advanced class + new classes/species in the future).

Really enjoying the game, thanks for all the hard work : )

Phyreblade
01.02.2013 , 02:07 PM | #82
Thanks for the update, it's appreciated!
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

CommunitySupport
01.02.2013 , 02:07 PM | #83
We appreciate everyone's feedback! Please remember that discussion of real-world political and social issues is NOT appropriate for the forums. It's fine to state that you would or wouldn't like to see a feature, but discussing morality, ethics, or political or social issues themselves (or insulting others based on religion, race, sexuality, or any other basis) is not permitted. Please keep your comments directly relevant to Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you think your post MIGHT be political or social in nature, please err on the side of caution, as this kind of discussion can lead to infractions and suspensions.

robjordanlives
01.02.2013 , 02:08 PM | #84
This is all I want from the next patch(s):

Fix the bugs.

Character Transfers (paid or not).

Seriously.

Keep all that other crap for some expansion or round file it for all I care.

gilephor
01.02.2013 , 02:08 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
There's a lot of things I would like more than SGR too, but then, that doesn't mean this very, very long standing complaint needs to be ignored. My (or your) $15 a month isn't any more important than anyone else's.
True Nala and I did not say ignore it, I just said there are a lot of things that need fixed first QOL type of things. That should be easy fixes before something like this which requires the re-working of the entire character dialog based on orientation choice and is going to be a much bigger issue to tackle.

EternalSoul
01.02.2013 , 02:09 PM | #86
No mention of Cathar? and how long have the team been talking about them... They should of been out by now. Now I have a feeling when they are finally release they are going to have the uglest looks to them.

Update: Can we please get Cathar release ETA and put the ability to pay for a race change on the cartel marketplace.
Master Sergeant Tren Olo
101st Saber Regiment
The Republic Order

kraidy
01.02.2013 , 02:09 PM | #87
The sad thing is Bioware can now say they added some SGR despite it being crappy or nowhere near the quality(companions) then straight. But they will use this excuse and never do anything for companions. Congrats TOR team for being silent for months and then dropping this bombshell which is a hit in the gut to the people who where still hopeful. You should have said this oh I don't know? WEEKS AGO.

deecee
01.02.2013 , 02:10 PM | #88
Funny thing is, I know hundreds of players that are playing GW2 only for the WvW. They prefer TOR combat but play GW2 because TOR has nothing to offer when it comes to Open World PVP.

-Mythix-
01.02.2013 , 02:10 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by deecee View Post
The engine is in much better shape compared to how it was back at launch. We have had some large PVP battles on our server and there were no framerate drop issues at all.

Seems some people can't get old ideas out of their head no matter how many improvements are made.

Just go out and try it, then you will see.
The engine is NOT in much better shape, making stuff up doesn't make it true.

Amazing.

Kaywinnit
01.02.2013 , 02:14 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
But no mention of class story, bug fixes, the crash fixes, and server lag fix. I am still hesitant to put my faith into a swtor expansion with no re-assurance that all the pre-existing bugs, crashes and server lag will be fixed. Story and companion stories were the reason I played the game and that fact it was star wars. But without new storylines there is no point in continuing. Fp's, opts and WZ's seem all good and dandy, but for some ( like myself ) without story continuation, there really isn't a point in spending money on a game that is going nowhere.

Hickman, you want your old subscribers to come back? Simple, add more class story, add more companion story, fix all pre-existing bugs, crashes and server lag. If you can't fix the minor stuff, what's the point in asking for people to return?

WoW has been out for 8 years now... still has bugs (lots left over from Vanilla days).. asking for all bugs to be fixed, is... not very realistic.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.