Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kamed
01.02.2013 , 01:33 PM | #51
So now we know that Makeb has more than just 5 levels and 1 planet, it has SGR with an NPC? O_o

Coldin
01.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #52
I hate beating a dead horse.....but this is much too vague. The only new information I really see here is about SGR, and that we'll finally see some things on Makeb. Otherwise, this is all the stuff we've seen before with no definite dates and only the roughest of details.

If you're going to be devoting resources to new warzones and open world PVP on Ilum, then please tell us what your plans are for class balance.

MarkoJinn
01.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by LaOosaki View Post
Good stuff, hope some bug fixes come with 1.7 too.

By the way, open world PvP wouldn't make any sense at all on this game. All WoW children should just drop the idea of "invading the Senate Tower", since both factions don't own the same planets and it took an entire fleet to distract Dromund Kaas' defenses so my Jedi Knight could land there. So yeah, please stick with PvP open areas and warzones and quit whinning already.
Yeah and SGRs make sense in SW universe?!?! Call me old fashioned and old, but I would rather see some good world PVP than my female powertech making out with Mako...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

YoshiRaphElan
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #54
While I do agree this does not to be in the game, it is, unfortunately. So, just don't take the 'flirt' options with someone of your gender (I certainly won't), and it'll be fine. I would like an option to turn it off, but it won't happen. So we'll just have to live with it.

Commander_Hawke
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #55
Invert the Y AXIS on the space combat!!! It's only been a year!

deecee
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
Sadly, the game's engine just can't handle it.
The engine is in much better shape compared to how it was back at launch. We have had some large PVP battles on our server and there were no framerate drop issues at all.

Seems some people can't get old ideas out of their head no matter how many improvements are made.

Just go out and try it, then you will see.

valsnake
01.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #57
when are u guys going to add name change service if i have to pay for its fine but when and what about something were we can change our name and appearance of our toons??
valsnake

CelCawdro
01.02.2013 , 01:39 PM | #58
What about continued class-specific stories?

Lord_Karsk
01.02.2013 , 01:40 PM | #59
Really hope Ilum will work out for the better, there must be a reason for pvp there.
Also it is so sad that they cant talk about minigames and chat bubbles etc.
But it's really good that they are focusing on new raids.But plis no new daily areas.
Fix the bugs first and class balance.

SFaulkner
01.02.2013 , 01:42 PM | #60
Wow, I saw a lot of new ways to say "New" and "Soon" in there... but no definitive answers for anything. This is all stuff we've been told before in other posts. I just want something more concrete, not just vague hints... I love this game, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but I just want a little more information.

Also, and its a BIG ALSO... FIX THE BUGS.... What's the point of new content if there's bugs that don't let you play it properly. I would love for you guys to forgo a whole 6 week patch cycle just to fix bugs. Just clean up the amazing game you guys have here.