Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kriesel
01.02.2013 , 01:14 PM | #31
Good read! Though I would love to see chat bubbles above the head due to me being an old fashion MMO player... and I don't consider DCUO to that. Also! Hurry up with Same-sex. It's the 21st century and about time we get over the butt hurt about how others want to live their lifes.
"Yup, Yup Commander."

Has stopped playing WoW

OKandrew
01.02.2013 , 01:14 PM | #32
All I wanted to hear about was class the class imbalance that's plaguing all server. Marauders/Juggs making up the majority of all pvp... Concealment Ops, Mercs nowhere to be found.

TUXs
01.02.2013 , 01:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
I think shelving World PvP is a mistake. A solid Open World PvP system would satisfy a large player base. This unites guilds, communities and factions more than anything in MMOs. Hopefully Ilum will satisfy for a while until you can get your &%&! together. Lots of players have been patiently waiting for this already and I doubt many will wait much longer.
Kinda sad when SGR gets a bigger commitment than PvP does from the Executive Producer...lets us know where we stand in their eyes.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Dyvid
01.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #34
Honestly I just keep hearing the same buzz words.

Here's BW dev team: Soon, stay tuned, keep an eye out, working on....

Here's SE dev team: http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

See the difference?
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the mystery of darkness In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

TheGreenSivi
01.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #35
Are you using the Agile method to develop this game? I know it's the next big and new thing that works for a lot of developers, but one thing I have found is that it's hard to come out with a happy medium to fix bugs and get in new enhancements. The bugs seem to win out and new bugs pop up with every new enhancement. Anyways, this seems to be the trend with software companies that utilize the agile method, so I was wondering if that was the route you were taking with the developement teams. The update was vague, but I'm looking forward to seeing improvements in the future. I would definitely like to see bug fixes more frequently as some are left in there that can be critical time wasters, and nothing is worse than playing for hours on something to not be able to finish it because of a bug. I already pre-ordered the expansion and I'm excited to play that too! I have a lot of characters to raise up to 55, so that will definitely give me something new!

Selethar
01.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #36
Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs ..

and we get crickets (ironic? nah)

Drudenfusz
01.02.2013 , 01:19 PM | #37
No news on all the still broken codex entries?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

dennisaskling
01.02.2013 , 01:19 PM | #38
A chat bubble would be great! Other then that everything is great

-Mythix-
01.02.2013 , 01:22 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
I think shelving World PvP is a mistake. A solid Open World PvP system would satisfy a large player base. This unites guilds, communities and factions more than anything in MMOs. Hopefully Ilum will satisfy for a while until you can get your &%&! together. Lots of players have been patiently waiting for this already and I doubt many will wait much longer.
I am all for World PvP, but if you were here at the Ilum times, it really was an awful gameplay experience. 2 FPS fights are not fun, and it seems the stability of the servers are even worse than before. At the moment, most are lagging just inside WZ's, can you imagine another Ilum fiasco lol? Having said that, it will be interesting to see if they can find another dynamic that encourages small scale World PvP (seems like he hinted to something along these lines), without the massive fail that Ilum gave us. Would be nice to see players taking the fight elsewhere (other than warzones), but I have no confidence in the game engine, and have even less confidence in the development team (as I don't think they get it at all). We will see though.

LaOosaki
01.02.2013 , 01:22 PM | #40
Good stuff, hope some bug fixes come with 1.7 too.

By the way, open world PvP wouldn't make any sense at all on this game. All WoW children should just drop the idea of "invading the Senate Tower", since both factions don't own the same planets and it took an entire fleet to distract Dromund Kaas' defenses so my Jedi Knight could land there. So yeah, please stick with PvP open areas and warzones and quit whinning already.
The Firebrand Legacy --Founder

Living Legend