Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Quiters

islander
01.02.2013 , 09:09 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_ View Post
There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!
As long as any rule doesnt apply to pre-match quitting, I'm fine with it. I pre-screen every solo PUG WZ. If i see more then one really badly geared player, I quit before the match starts.

Still, you realize any penalty will force people to just quit within the warzone, instead of leaving it...right?
Use your head, and stop being bad.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Joesixxpack
01.02.2013 , 09:12 AM | #72
Nah. I don't care for quitters either but sometimes it's justified. For example a sub-50 PUG yesterday:

Join Civil War, match starts, 6 teammates pack up and DM. Not even at nodes most of the time. So, since me and 1 other guy are the only ones actually playing this obj-based match, why should I hang around and waste my time with those clowns?
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

POPsi
01.02.2013 , 09:14 AM | #73
I quit on 3 occasions:

- if during the initial countdown it's obvious our team will lose
- something IRL comes up (rare, but happened the other day, sadly in a winning situation)
- when I'm put in a lost match as a backfill

Other than that I can always grind a few medals.

Ridickilis
01.02.2013 , 09:16 AM | #74
I look at it this way, if we get a pvp debuff like pve has, then we should be allowed to kick players that aren't afk in warzones just like you can kick player in OPS. You don't call out, you get kicked. You keep breaking teammates mezzes, you get kicked. You fill the ball carrier's resolve before he reaches a trap, kicked. Stand on the ledge of huttball repeatedly, kicked. Losing 500-400 in CW and 5 teammates hunkering down at our only node, uncontested, all kicked. Show up with less than 900 or so expertise, kicked. Etc and so on.

^All this will never happen, so that's why there shouldn't be a leaver debuff either.

MaximusRex
01.02.2013 , 09:18 AM | #75
Instead of a debuff they should just make it so that we can't be teamed with players on our ignore list, like in Flash Points, and you can just add the quitters to you list, that way they won't ever be able to quit on you again.

Ridickilis
01.02.2013 , 09:26 AM | #76
^That's why I never understood why BW treats pve and pvp ops differently. Pvp is still an 8 man op, is it not? Why the separate rules.

DariusCalera
01.02.2013 , 09:26 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by rhakoth View Post
I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!
My remark was not directed at those that are in recruit gear specifically.

Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
The PvE green, recruit, or even WH, that do not understand the objectives of the WZ and go running off leaving the rest of their team, who are trying to play to objectives in the lurch.
My comment was directed at those that do not understand the objectives of a WZ and I included numerous gear levels and not just those in recruit gear.

As for their actual gear, there is no real reason for anyone to show up in PvE gear, at all. You receive a letter in the mail stating that you can get free recruit gear.

For those in recruit gear, I really don't care as long as they seem to know what they are doing. Hell, I've seen people in WH gear that still don't know how to play to the objectives of a WZ.

AltruisticRage
01.02.2013 , 10:10 AM | #78
I just quit in matches. It doesn't take a college degree to immediately know when you are outmatched.

Civil war, 2 go left and the other 6 people including me get destroyed in middle due to whatever reason (more times than not it is dps letting healers free cast and never focusing any particular enemy). I will give it one more concentrated effort to know my team has no idea what to do and then it is off to grass to AFK until the match is over.

In those situations, I offer to let one of the defenders go and have fun.

"No, you go, I REALLY don't mind guarding the node."
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

islander
01.02.2013 , 11:04 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
In some matches do you blame them? Take a match with 3 healers vs. none.
Honestly, both scenarios stink. If you have three healers, 90% of the time you wont be able to produce enough on-demand DPS to win.

islander
01.02.2013 , 11:06 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
I quit on 3 occasions:

- if during the initial countdown it's obvious our team will lose
- something IRL comes up (rare, but happened the other day, sadly in a winning situation)
- when I'm put in a lost match as a backfill

Other than that I can always grind a few medals.
This is exactly my philosophy.