Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

L50 Sage Gear

Kariella
12.31.2012 , 10:55 AM | #1
On my first toon (just started swtor 5 weeks ago) and my Sage is L48... Any suggestions as to what kind of gear I am looking to get when I hit L50? Thanks...
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

SoonerJBD
12.31.2012 , 12:49 PM | #2
For PvE: You get a full set of Tionese at 50 through a quest that gives you commendations. Drop everything when you hit 50, head to the fleet and pick up that gear. It will make the end of your story much easier. Once you move past the story quests and get into PvE progression, your first step is Columi gear, which you get from hard mode flashpoints. Next step up is Rakata, which comes from hard mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace and story mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond. You will also be collecting black hole commendations through weekly and daily quests which can be used ot buy black hole pieces. These are technically a step up from Rakata, though they are not optmized statistically and don't carry a set bonus. Campaign is the next level up. You get campaign gear from hard mode explosive conflict. Hard mode Terror from Beyond and Nightmare Explosive Conflict drop dread guard gear, which is the current top tier.

For PvP: Pick up free recruit gear at 50. You will struggle at first in warzones, but you can earn warzone commendations fast enough to get some war hero gear fairly quickly, and that will even your odds significantly. Just aim for a full set of war hero gear and don't worry about elite war hero until you have all your war hero pieces.

Kariella
01.02.2013 , 07:42 AM | #3
thanks... just hit 50 and got the free gear... that was good to know... the only odd thing is that (and I know they gave us the gear for free) is that they shorted us 1 commendation... you need 100 commendations to get all the armour pieces and mh and oh weapon... but you get 99... obvioiusly easy enough to just run one instance and get it...

but all the same they shorted us...
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

SoonerJBD
01.02.2013 , 08:39 AM | #4
Not going to complain about free gear. When I leveled my first 50, I had to run a week's worth of dailies to get the lvl 50 purple mods for all my gear (worse than Tionese) so I could be geared enough to grind out Columi in HM flashpoints with no group finder, once-per-day restriction on each FP and gear drops for classes that weren't even in the group. Oh, and they flashpoints were much harder. They nerfed the crap out of them when they released group finder. You'd run the same FP for a week and never even see your piece drop.