Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash To Desktop

Goretzu
01.02.2013 , 04:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Raelen View Post
I crash every time we jump to lightspeed to escape the enemy ship in the first Flashpoints. It's maddening. I have a Radeon card, HD 7770 2 gigs and Windows 7 64-bit.
Yeah that's a known fault, I think I avoided it last time by just hitting escape as soon as the cutscene started, I think there's another work around too.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Talvathir
01.02.2013 , 05:49 AM | #42
CTD here on Black Talon when I select a destination, or Esseles when I start the last convo after mission complete. Apart from that maybe once a week. Got 12 gigs of ram and sometimes play for atleast 8 hours straight using SWTOR Unleashed.

Darth_Raelen
01.02.2013 , 10:57 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Yeah that's a known fault, I think I avoided it last time by just hitting escape as soon as the cutscene started, I think there's another work around too.
That doesn't make any sense to me. That'd just get you stuck without the convo, wouldn't it? Don't you need it to progress?

Darth_Raelen
01.02.2013 , 10:36 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Talvathir View Post
CTD here on Black Talon when I select a destination, or Esseles when I start the last convo after mission complete. Apart from that maybe once a week. Got 12 gigs of ram and sometimes play for atleast 8 hours straight using SWTOR Unleashed.
16 gigs Ram here, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i7 3.4-3.9 Ghz processor, Radeon HD 7770 2-gig video card.

I sometimes play at least 8 hours and only crash to desktop at the end of Esseles or Black Talon, so I feel your pain.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot I had a post above this one, I should have just edited it. Anyone else get a bug where this site sometimes is in German? All the buttons and stuff look like German to me, though my settings in my account are all for English.

ShiJax
01.02.2013 , 10:55 PM | #45
I am experiencing an issue with "crashes-to-desktop" at random, yet regular intervals during gameplay on two different computer systems. Both systems are essentially running the same set up:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (SP1) [Fully Updated]
(PC1 [DC Diag in log below]) 2 GB RAM, 1 GB Video Card, Core 2 Duo [NVidia Chipset]
(PC2) 6 GB RAM, 512 MB Video Card, Quad Core [NVidia Chipset]

Both PCs will stutter/lag briefly during gameplay (after about 2 hours) and then crash to the desktop. The game client can be restarted, and 2 hours later the same thing happens.

On this PC (PC1) I have

• Run the Microsoft Memory Tool. No errors.
• Set the app to run in windows XP (SP3) Compatibility Mode. No change.
• Updated video card drivers. No change.
• Run chkdsk. No errors.
• Ensured Power Options are set to Performance and sleep is set to NEVER. HDD is not set to shut off either.
• Ensured the Screensaver is not turned on.

No offense... but it's getting damned old. Quick.

Spoiler

Genkiyo
01.02.2013 , 11:07 PM | #46
Check the sticky at the top of the page guys. There may be a work-around that will...work...for you in there. I just gave an update one one that worked for me. Thank the high heavens for the brains in the community.
Kick in the door, wave in the fo fo. All you heard was "Pappa, don't force push me no mo!"

Nigredo
01.02.2013 , 11:21 PM | #47
Game Broken, Cartel Broken, credit card program flagged 25k subs as hackers..... from what i understand after talking to a rep on the phone the tier 2 people are all huddle in a dark room sobbing cause of the workload caused by piss poor management. good luck getting any support for at least a month.
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

Narazumono
01.03.2013 , 01:36 AM | #48
I've crashed to desktop a couple times (only a handful) myself. I run windows 7 64 bit system with 12GB ram, 2.0GHz i7 processor, Nivida GTX 560M with 3GB memory. Since it's only happened a few times to me it's appeared rather random to me so sadly I can't contribute anything other than saying that it does happen to someone with these computer specs.
Can't put a gif or image here. I'm a sad panda.