Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash To Desktop

IbicusNim
12.31.2012 , 02:58 PM | #31
Glad to see its not only me happens when entering WZ"s alot as well I know its not my rig very frustrating, eventually will be to the point I won't wanna play anymore

DarkkChaos
12.31.2012 , 03:49 PM | #32
This has been an ongoing issue for literally................months.

The 1.4 update created this problem.....and BW will simply tell you, your 32bit system is to blame for the "memory leak". Your 32bit system and insufficient RAM are the issue - not the game.

Now, that being said....the fact that the game ran completely and 100% fine pre-1.4 update.................is completely ignored and considered irrelevant to the problem - easier to blame the users.

If your holding your breath for a fix on this issue - please make the necessary funeral arrangement now!
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Petnil
12.31.2012 , 04:09 PM | #33
people crash for the strangest reasons. Iīve seen a guy chash in a FP when he "dinged" And ofc the jump to lightspeed in esseles and black talon and foundry makes some people crash. The worst part is itīs not new bugs anymore, and with the speed we see bugfixes the hope of getting a quick fix is slim. (some bugs have been there from beta)

Razot
12.31.2012 , 04:11 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
If your holding your breath for a fix on this issue - please make the necessary funeral arrangement now!
LOL
that about sums it up...

Glorthox
12.31.2012 , 05:08 PM | #35
And with all the major crashes and bugs that haven't been fixed yet, they want people to pay them more money. Yea like that is going to happen when they haven't fixed jack yet..

KiwiMatthew
12.31.2012 , 09:40 PM | #36
I think Ive fixed my crash to desktop problem

Ive been crashing to desktop for 6-9 months and have tried every patch, driver, solution, and version of windows I could find but the crashes seemed to get more frequent.

I Just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro (64 bit) and at the same time gave my PC a thorough clean out (had a descent build up of dust). I have also been using Norton Antivirus up until now and have not installed it yet to see if the crashing stops. So far my graphics is running 10-15 degrees cooler and havnt crashed once.

FYI ive tried the following OS
-Win7 64 Bit
-Win 7 32 Bit (clean install)
-Win 8 32 bit (Upgrade)
-Win 8 Pro 64 Bit (clean Install)

Hope this helps someone
K I W I. . . . C E. . . .V I P OUTER..RIM..DIVISION

slowantics
12.31.2012 , 10:25 PM | #37
my only problem is the memory leak which can really be annoying. i ran everything perfect at the start. until bioware messed it up with 1.4.
Signature: Coming Soon

Darth_Raelen
01.02.2013 , 12:14 AM | #38
I crash every time we jump to lightspeed to escape the enemy ship in the first Flashpoints. It's maddening. I have a Radeon card, HD 7770 2 gigs and Windows 7 64-bit.

Zalekanzer
01.02.2013 , 12:25 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Raelen View Post
I crash every time we jump to lightspeed to escape the enemy ship in the first Flashpoints. It's maddening. I have a Radeon card, HD 7770 2 gigs and Windows 7 64-bit.
My roommate and I are having the same issue. We just re-subbed a few days ago since leaving shortly after the 1.2 patch. Never had this problem before during beta through 1.2. If it truly has been a known issue since 1.4, that makes me pretty sad.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Darth_Raelen
01.02.2013 , 01:37 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
My roommate and I are having the same issue. We just re-subbed a few days ago since leaving shortly after the 1.2 patch. Never had this problem before during beta through 1.2. If it truly has been a known issue since 1.4, that makes me pretty sad.
I got a new PC in October and when I played this game -before-? Never had this problem once, and it only happens at that specific time. It never crashes to desktop any other time for me, I as in beta too, though I couldn't do any flashpoints then, I -did- start playing at the early launch.