Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the secret behind Madness tree?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
What's the secret behind Madness tree?

Cowflab
12.31.2012 , 11:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
There's a screenshot. It's do-able on someone who's significantly undergeared.
So in other words, doable in a duel with a relic or stim proc'd on a significantly undergeared opponent? Yeah, don't think I'd brag about that...

JP_Legatus
01.01.2013 , 02:49 PM | #22
The screenshot was taken in a warzone genius. And it is pretty easy to reliably hit for over 7k on a fully WH sorc if you know how to do it, and thats without the powerup you find on the map. The only hard part is getting the maul to crit once you've done it. Finding under-geared enemies in warzones isnt hard either.

In other words L2p
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Cowflab
01.01.2013 , 03:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
The screenshot was taken in a warzone genius. And it is pretty easy to reliably hit for over 7k on a fully WH sorc if you know how to do it, and thats without the powerup you find on the map. The only hard part is getting the maul to crit once you've done it. Finding under-geared enemies in warzones isnt hard either.

In other words L2p
How is this even remotely a L2P issue? Good for you. You hit a crit on a retard. Are you going to brag about how you won a foot race at the special Olympics now?

JP_Legatus
01.01.2013 , 11:54 PM | #24
L2p issue because he thinks 9k mauls can't be done outside of setup duels with relics
Oddly enough you get the idea of critting big on a retard and feel this guy doesn't need to l2p, which I find intriguing. Please continue?

Cowflab
01.02.2013 , 05:14 AM | #25
L2p issue because he thinks 9k mauls can't be done outside of setup duels with relics
Oddly enough you get the idea of critting big on a retard and feel this guy doesn't need to l2p, which I find intriguing. Please continue?
I hope that English isn't your first language, because if it is, might I suggest you spend less time looking for people with 11k hp in wz's and more time in school brushing up on your grammar and reading comprehension? You're in such a frenzy to defend your videogame feats, that you can't even formulate coherent responses.

Lithium-
01.02.2013 , 10:26 PM | #26
Madness works for both PVE and PVP it just requires an understanding of your role in each warzone. Some teams you play support dps others you focus fire down players. I've played it for over a year now and can honestly say it's one spec I originally hated but came back to due to its versatility. I played a lolsmash sentinel and played around with the dots tree but neither were as fun. Is it fantastic versus every spec and class? No. But that's the point of having different classes and specs around. Every class has a weakness to another in this game.

Bioware's plan is to also have every spec "fixed" to be within 5 percent of one another dps wise. So have fun smashers your days of 8k crits are coming to an end.
Mardak - Sith Assassin - Madness - Prophecy of the Five
Mardakk - Jedi Sentinel - Watchman - Prophecy of the Five
Camulus - Commando - Gunnery - Prophecy of the Five

Reveillere
01.07.2013 , 12:20 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Listen, for PvP there's no secret. It's a very mediocre spec with little pay off for its worth. Unless, of course, you enjoy tab dotting and bolstering your ego across the scoreboards over useless damage numbers - go for it. As far as killing and control power goes, there are other specs that outclass it in every way imaginable.

I personally look at the buffs and my character lighting up for the proc.

It has a steep learning curve, but as I said before - barely worth it. It's a lot different vs a Watchman sent, who, by all means: pays off quite well for its ramp up.
You couldn't be more wrong, tab dotting as madness sin won't give you any high numbers whatsoever. It's a lot stronger dps spec than deception but requires a lot more skill.

GARhenus
01.07.2013 , 03:49 AM | #28
It has better range, does more damage, has more kiting tools, and IT DOES MORE DAMAGE
But yes it's pretty useless when people are hitting you since you're essentially a melee sorc with no bubble and no heals, which by itself doesn't make sense.

But that's the kicker... There will be games where nobody is hitting you and in those games madness outperforms in dps
The fact that you actually need to have games where people are not hitting you to outperform in dps severely limits its versatility and survivability, which renders it mediocre for PvP.

It may deal more damage, but working 50% more to get 10% more results on an inconsistent basis means it's not worth the effort.

JP_Legatus
01.07.2013 , 04:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
The fact that you actually need to have games where people are not hitting you to outperform in dps severely limits its versatility and survivability, which renders it mediocre for PvP.

It may deal more damage, but working 50% more to get 10% more results on an inconsistent basis means it's not worth the effort.
I would generally agree with that assessment, as long as you know that by choosing to NEVER use it in ANY situation you are actually gimping yourself 10% in those circumstances when they do occur.
But yes, I generally choose never to go into a rated game with madness. I tried it once, my team made me guard the off node and I blew up instantly when attacked and lost the node
Never again in a rated, but still good fun for farming dps in regs.

GARhenus
01.07.2013 , 10:03 PM | #30
Then I guess using it in a rated...
-puts on sunglasses-
..is pure madness
YEAAAAAAAAH