Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Quiters

DariusCalera
01.01.2013 , 08:05 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
The people who bail on the team when the enemy team caps two nodes, plants a bomb or scores...

The people who bail on the team when it has too many Recruit-geared players....

The people who bail on the team when they realize they are going against a certain premade....

never realize that it is them who's gimping their team not the poor Recruit guy who's at least giving the warzone his best shot.
The person that stands there afking or not paying attention to what they are supposed to be doing and lets the node/door get ninjaed.

The PvE green, recruit, or even WH, that do not understand the objectives of the WZ and go running off leaving the rest of their team, who are trying to play to objectives in the lurch.

Those that see they are going against a premade and do not even try but instead sit with the other 4 players that don't want to try at a node.

Never realize that they should not have queued to begin with if they are unwilling try or to learn what it takes to win.

See, it works both ways.

Edonidd
01.01.2013 , 08:57 PM | #52
This morning I was playing a WZ, got put into the stupid Hypergate thing that I absolutely hate. There was 6 people standing on one side, including 4 from the same guild in a premade. I yelled for everyone to go one side and make sure we get a pylon before splitting up. Nobody listens.

Match starts, me on my stun bubble healer and a healer merc run to one pylon, the assassin and Pyro PT go to the other. We all die to 4 people going each side, enemy team double caps. The pre-made had all went to the middle. Called us idiots and accused us of being bads and idiots and other less friendly remarks, and then all 4 quit the WZ at once. 4 new players join, 3 of them quit. 3 new players join, 2 of them quits, 2 more players join, both quit. 2 more players join, one quits, another player joins. We steal a pylon back and then a solo sin ninja's at 7 seconds left. We double cap at first explosion. We end up winning 900 something to 0. I'm still pissed at that guild though and would never play with them again if given the choice.

Pretty typical of my SWTOR experience, the worst players are usually the first ones to leave. On most WZ's I will take a team of good, smart players playing their newest 50 in recruit gear over a team of EWH geared players that don't understand how to play objectives. I'll take a mediocre player trying his hardest to get better over a great player who will rage quit the first time anything bad happens any day of the week.

rhakoth
01.01.2013 , 11:49 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
The PvE green, recruit, or even WH...
I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!

Darth-Rammstein
01.02.2013 , 12:30 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by rhakoth View Post
I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!
The problem is if you have more than one recruit because it puts a noticeable handicap on your team if the opposing team doesn't have any. Honestly the only recruits I don't mind are healers, they can still be useful to the group. Can't really say the same about a dps since they will hit wh players like a wet noodle.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

rhakoth
01.02.2013 , 01:46 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
The problem is if you have more than one recruit because it puts a noticeable handicap on your team if the opposing team doesn't have any. Honestly the only recruits I don't mind are healers, they can still be useful to the group. Can't really say the same about a dps since they will hit wh players like a wet noodle.
So what are you suggesting; that only new players role healers because their starting gear sucks?! And also, how did YOU gear up then without being a burden on anyone?

The point remains the same no matter how you wish to look at it - Until they remove vertical gear based pvp progression, then you will always have to start at the lowest common denominator and work up from there. Getting upset at people because of a situation they have absolutely no control over is absurd, especially considering that you were once in that very same position at one point.

OmegaLantern
01.02.2013 , 02:09 AM | #56
Look, these threads like this have gone on long enough. People always complain about the so-called "rage-quitters". It's not a big deal, but any kind of de-buff or lockout from warzones is going too far.

I am a night auditor at a hotel, and I can only play while I'm at work, as I live too far out in the country for anything better than dial-up. Sometimes a guest walks up to the desk, looking to check-in, or the phone rings or something that I am required to attend to happens, and I have to afk, even during a warzone. It annoys me to no-end when it happens, but i have to. Often, during that time, my toon will get killed, and the deserter timer will run outwhile the guests usually bombard me with stupid questions or find other ways to waste my time. IRL takes priority over a game. That's the bottom line. It would suck to be punished any further than being kicked out of the warzone when I am simply doing my job.
"In days of Peace, and in nights of War,
Obey the laws forever more.
Misconduct must be answered for.
Swear to us - the Chosen, The Alpha-Corps!"

rhakoth
01.02.2013 , 02:46 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaLantern View Post
Look, these threads like this have gone on long enough. People always complain about the so-called "rage-quitters". It's not a big deal, but any kind of de-buff or lockout from warzones is going too far.

I am a night auditor at a hotel, and I can only play while I'm at work, as I live too far out in the country for anything better than dial-up. Sometimes a guest walks up to the desk, looking to check-in, or the phone rings or something that I am required to attend to happens, and I have to afk, even during a warzone. It annoys me to no-end when it happens, but i have to. Often, during that time, my toon will get killed, and the deserter timer will run outwhile the guests usually bombard me with stupid questions or find other ways to waste my time. IRL takes priority over a game. That's the bottom line. It would suck to be punished any further than being kicked out of the warzone when I am simply doing my job.
Look, I can't decide if this is troll or not. You play games at work and think everyone else should pay for your sometimes AFKing. I have one thing to say after reading that post:

Godspeed spiderman!

MachoLL
01.02.2013 , 02:50 AM | #58
So what are you suggesting; that only new players role healers because their starting gear sucks?! And also, how did YOU gear up then without being a burden on anyone?

The point remains the same no matter how you wish to look at it - Until they remove vertical gear based pvp progression, then you will always have to start at the lowest common denominator and work up from there. Getting upset at people because of a situation they have absolutely no control over is absurd, especially considering that you were once in that very same position at one point.
I somewhat agree with you, its true that it's in noway the recruits fault. But if their is 3 or more recruits which is not healers on your team you'll simply get YOUR *** kicked 90% off the warzone because your team lacks an extreme amount of dps. Recruits gets ussually killed in something like 2-4 hits (they got around 13-14k health, smashers deal ~7k which is the half and means it is 2 hits dead, I personally deal around 5-6k crits on my carnage marauder and kills them in something like 3-4 blows). I started playing pvp a few weeks after launch which means war hero gear did not exist (the gear gab weren't that big of a deal), in fact I where not in the same position. Since then due to that I won't handicap my team I have been farming war hero gear to my alts before entering level 50 pvp with them. I know it may be frustrating to new 50s that it work this way, but it isn't the quitters you should blame not for wanting to run around and constantly get killed nor the recruits (unless the got the option to farm war hero gear), it is the developers since it where them that made such a huge gear gab.

rhakoth
01.02.2013 , 03:08 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
I somewhat agree with you, its true that it's in noway the recruits fault. But if their is 3 or more recruits which is not healers on your team you'll simply get YOUR *** kicked 90% off the warzone because your team lacks an extreme amount of dps. Recruits gets ussually killed in something like 2-4 hits (they got around 13-14k health, smashers deal ~7k which is the half and means it is 2 hits dead, I personally deal around 5-6k crits on my carnage marauder and kills them in something like 3-4 blows). I started playing pvp a few weeks after launch which means war hero gear did not exist (the gear gab weren't that big of a deal), in fact I where not in the same position. Since then due to that I won't handicap my team I have been farming war hero gear to my alts before entering level 50 pvp with them. I know it may be frustrating to new 50s that it work this way, but it isn't the quitters you should blame not for wanting to run around and constantly get killed nor the recruits (unless the got the option to farm war hero gear), it is the developers since it where them that made such a huge gear gab.
But since it is out of any players' hands and it benefits you more to have more gear people then doesn't it stand to reason that helping them is in your best interest? And I played at launch and there was a definite gear disparity appearing as little as 1 month after release by some of the hardcore players who were getting Champ gear already.

It just seems silly to take it out on other players when they are doing what needs to be done to get the gear is all I'm saying. Take the good with the bad and help them out. So what if you have a dud game sometimes - That is life.

MachoLL
01.02.2013 , 03:33 AM | #60
But since it is out of any players' hands and it benefits you more to have more gear people then doesn't it stand to reason that helping them is in your best interest? And I played at launch and there was a definite gear disparity appearing as little as 1 month after release by some of the hardcore players who were getting Champ gear already.

It just seems silly to take it out on other players when they are doing what needs to be done to get the gear is all I'm saying. Take the good with the bad and help them out. So what if you have a dud game sometimes - That is life.
I can't keep helping the endless stream of new recruits, no matter how much I wan't it. Fact is that I would be using my time on losing almost every warzone that I where playing. I play for the competition and the fun, but with that amount of recruits it removes the competition and the warzone ends up being a mess with the half team defending and the other half running around in the middle of nowhere and getting slaughtered. I know it is out of the recruits hands, but it is as well out of ours. What are the point in helping them to lose? With that amount of recruits we need some pretty bada.ss dps to even stand a bare chance of defending our only node. They lose pretty much no matter we're there or not.