Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why kill Synthweaving and Armormech with free Tionese sets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why kill Synthweaving and Armormech with free Tionese sets?

AidanLightwalker
01.01.2013 , 07:06 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Amazon prime is a good service. I did the calculations what it would cost me to have to pay individually for two day shipping for books for the three quarters. It was a lot cheaper to buy amazon prime than to pay for individual shipping. Plus, I also order many other items. Likewise, I don't pay taxes on computer hardware, at least when I bought hardware a few months ago. Amazon prime saved me a lot of money. However, I wouldn't call what BW is doing a scam. All corporation do what BW is doing. It's like buying in bulk vs singles or give away samples after a customer buys a product.
I'm sure. Amazon prime just gives you a nice nudve into shopping with them. You already paid for prime, might as well cash in right? The scam there helps tip the tides for you to speed your money with amazon instead of somewhere else. You already paid, might as well. Their was a huge article about Amazon prime in internet retailer and how much money it was making them.

Look, I'm not saying you can't make credits off of sythweaving. Alot of people do. I was just commenting on why I think Bioware added the free Tionese gear. Nothing more. I beleive it was a digital marketing scam. Are people still making some credits off of synthweaving? Sure. Just like Artifice still manages to sell some color crystals. Level 1-49 purples most people don't care about or go out of thier way to get. You level past them, what's the poi nt? If you get them, great, if not, o well, the next tier of blues are just as good as the previous tier of purples.

Maybe color crystals are an exception to this, since more crystal tiers are like what, 7-9 level gap?
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Khevar
01.01.2013 , 09:35 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I'm sure. Amazon prime just gives you a nice nudve into shopping with them. You already paid for prime, might as well cash in right? The scam there helps tip the tides for you to speed your money with amazon instead of somewhere else. You already paid, might as well. Their was a huge article about Amazon prime in internet retailer and how much money it was making them.

Cynical much? You're calling it a "scam", which by definition is a "fraudulent business scheme". Where the hell is the "fraud" in the free shipping?

I'm a careful shopper, and will only purchase from Amazon if their prices are comparable to other places. Which they usually are. In many cases their prices are better than most.

"Scam" indeed. One might even suspect you're an advocate of a full blown communism. All these hateful business practices, designed to do the most EVIL of deeds, make money! Oh, the horror.

AidanLightwalker
01.01.2013 , 09:52 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Cynical much? You're calling it a "scam", which by definition is a "fraudulent business scheme". Where the hell is the "fraud" in the free shipping?

I'm a careful shopper, and will only purchase from Amazon if their prices are comparable to other places. Which they usually are. In many cases their prices are better than most.

"Scam" indeed. One might even suspect you're an advocate of a full blown communism. All these hateful business practices, designed to do the most EVIL of deeds, make money! Oh, the horror.
Okay, scam was the wrong choice of word. Marketing scheme. And there is nothing wrong with a good marketing scheme. It works. People buy and the company makes money. I'm just a little turned off by all the marketing schemes I see these days. Big business allready makes lots of money off us, so when I see the newest scheme, it just tiffs me.

Scam was a bad choice in words. Marketing scheme was what I ment to describe Amazon Prime. A very clever marketing scheme designed to get people to spend more of their money with them. Kudus to their team, they are on the ball.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Totaltrash
01.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #44

Yes, it's called a "business scheme" until the law says it's a scam.

Usury was once legal, so were the pyramid schemes and false advertisement.
And there is a whole flurry of financial "tools" Wall Street and the banks use today that skirt legality by a hair.

This has nothing to do with communism.

Khevar
01.02.2013 , 02:43 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Yes, it's called a "business scheme" until the law says it's a scam.

Usury was once legal, so were the pyramid schemes and false advertisement.
And there is a whole flurry of financial "tools" Wall Street and the banks use today that skirt legality by a hair.

This has nothing to do with communism.
@Totaltrash,

A friend of mine was burned by false advertising, got ripped off on an advertised product that was inferior and broken. Another was taken in by a $500 rebate that never arrived. Yet another was burned in by the "LA Fitness" marketing machine and they refused to cancel her service -- she actually had to report her card stolen and change the bank account just to stop them from charging her account every month.

All of this is dishonest crap.

Are you trying to compare this sort of stuff to free shipping from Amazon? Are you high?

To quote Samuel Jackson: "Ain't the same f****n' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f****n' sport."

P.S. @Aiden -- I totally get what you're saying there by the way. No argument here.

Totaltrash
01.03.2013 , 04:02 AM | #46
<snip>
Are you trying to compare this sort of stuff to free shipping from Amazon? Are you high?
<snip>
I don't do drugs, I don't even drink - thanks for the concern, though.

Lol, I never said free shipping was a scam, that was the other guy.
I just pointed out that your Teaparty rhetoric is misplaced here - he's not a commie, no matter what Rush tells ya!

Anyway, EAware marketing the free Tionese, so F2P'ers buy the artifact perk, might be legal but it is still a pretty seedy scheme.

DaedalusV
01.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #47
The ones believing that free tionese isn't a marketing scheme haven't a clue about anything.
The whole concept of gear progression and class based leveling is a marketing scheme. It's basic behavioral psychology people. Ever heard of a dude named Skinner?
We're pushing buttons to recieve gratification, tionese gives a fix that will give more people a reason to keep pressing buttons in this particular game.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

JattaGin
01.03.2013 , 09:42 AM | #48
I love in what direction this thread went.

Honestly, isn't the whole game a marketing scheme? I mean, BW/EA is a business or two businesses. They want our money. As much of it as possible. I believe everything in this game that they do, they do mainly because they want to get profit out of it. Especially with F2P. F2P probably brings much more money than the subs do.

So, yeah, free Tionese gear is a sca... I mean clever marketing idea.