Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

RaithHarth
01.01.2013 , 03:56 PM | #21
I also get the impression when I'm having same faction pvp, everything seems more balanced, but when I square off against the empire everything is so overwhelming, especially if I'm being hit by tracer missiles from bounty hunters, or being cut down by a operatives backstab, even the inquisitors drain and lightning attacks seems more extreme, and this is coming from a tank with full advantage elite gear.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Sentinel_Locke
01.01.2013 , 04:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jmsutton View Post
I honestly don't know what OP is talking about. I solo que and PUG lvl 50 Republic PvP all the time and do fine. Some days you do great, some days you don't, like any other. I got 5 wins in 8 matches on Jedi Covenant so far this morning, on Republic side.
Then you sir, are either lucky or maybe there are better groups in the mornings when you play. I don't know. Either way, it's cool that you don't have problems. But simply put, most of the solo pug players I've talked to are experiencing the same problems as I am. I created this thread to try and pinpoint why this particular problem exists. If it is simply player skill or pre-made grouping (which seems likely) that is mixed in with the high Sorc/Assassin player count the Imps have, them maybe it will wake up some of the Republic players to what they need to do. However, if there is actually something very wrong with the balancing between Imps and Pubs (not likely, but who knows), then that is something we as players should bring to BW's attention, assuming they care (probably not).

In truth, I'm just sick of the imbalance of wins per faction. I prefer an evenly matched battle. If it gets too easy like it does on my Marauder, I get bored and stop caring. If it gets impossible to even finish a weekly, like on my Sentinel, I get frustrated just as much as the next guy. Don't you guys feel the same?

General_Aldo
01.01.2013 , 04:57 PM | #23
I will tell you the truth. The imps always have more warriors in games then repubs. Now, this can either be a blessing or a curse. You will roll the other team so hard because their warriors are trash, or you will get stomped because they have a lot of pro warriors. Given they are smash.

Carter_Mathis
01.01.2013 , 05:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel_Locke View Post
Now, if I play my Imperial character, I can get wins and on average about 35 kills while not even wearing any PvP gear. What is up with that? (They are the mirrored classes, a Sentinel and Marauder)

Now, what I want to ask is, why? What makes the Imperials SOOO much better than the Pubs? Is it the fact that a staggering number of PvP Imps are Sorcs (tons of heals and shields there)? Is it that they actually utilize stuns in succession to keep players down? Possibly all of the AoE's they drop on top of mission objectives to keep players from accessing them?

Feel free to toss your two cents in. Perhaps even make some of the Pubs wake up to how awful things are.
Well, since on Jedi Covenant there are multiple threads about why Imps have it so rough against pubs.... nou? The fact that you go into wz without PVP gear brings to mind individual player skill as a factor

BlackTear
01.01.2013 , 06:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
It's a server related issue. On Tomb of Freedom Nadd republic is actually slight in advantage.
really?

Arkerus
01.01.2013 , 06:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Many republic players rerolled to the higher population empire side to get on better ranked teams
Pretty much this. It was the same in wow. Lots of new players and younger players play on the rep side. Most of the experienced players re roll as imps because they simply win PvP matches more consistently.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Hambunctious
01.01.2013 , 06:54 PM | #27
On shadowlands in regular WZs there are more imps that queue for pvp, but I can't tell you the number of times you end up in a goup with 4+ in recruit gear, and many times in tionese gear. It never fails that you're grouped against a couple of different republic premades. That is until they switch back to their imperial characters.

So, most games you get creamed. Until you get lucky with team composition, and geared with mostly WH.

It's less of a crapshoot on republic side until late night. Usually the same people are queuing, mostly healers, and lolsweepers. That's all you need to win.

Sentinel_Locke
01.01.2013 , 10:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
It's less of a crapshoot on republic side until late night. Usually the same people are queuing, mostly healers, and lolsweepers. That's all you need to win.
The last few nights that I've played PvP, Rep side, we had no more than 2 classes that can heal in a single group, though usually only one was heal spec. I think at any given time we were limited to 0-1 healers. Obviously this can be a rather irritating problem for any group. I would use my healer in PvP more often, but the truth is that I suck at heals in PvP. I'm not that great at remaining unnoticed by the other team. I usually get creamed really quickly.

But as I said in a previous post, I find myself getting really bored with PvP on the Imp side. A lot of the time, battles are just too easy. Maybe I'm simply better off withdrawing from any future PvP participation. There are just too many variables that keep it unbalanced and, often times, completely un-enjoyable.

Briljin
01.01.2013 , 10:22 PM | #29
It's a sever issues. On PoTF I have a 50 on both sides and PUGs tend to be equally as bad. They do have more teams but then they have greater numbers, so that is to be expected.

Darth-Rammstein
01.01.2013 , 10:44 PM | #30
The time of day you play seems to make a big difference. If I play during peak hours I'm much more likely to get decent groups where as if you play after midnight the wzs start degrading and the groups all seem to be bad.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.