Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.01.2013 , 01:00 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

Welcome to the third heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan, was an overwhelming victory for Revan, who crushed the Sith pretender Kaan and his Sith charade into the dust. But onto round three.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again.

  • The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below i.e. IG-88, Bossk, Silri, Twin Suns.(The Gand nest and Zhug family are part of G0-T0’s power base and the Nightsisters clan are included in Zann’s power base)
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, e.g. the Eclipse.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

Permitted Allies:

Tyber Zann: Urai Fen

G0-T0: Hanharr

So, the combatants: G0-T0 was an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona and alter ego to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale. Tyber Zann preferred a more direct approach, but was still a tactical genius and criminal mastermind.

Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. While Tyber Zann had an array of unique technology and weaponry, thanks to unlimited access to the Black Market, including stealth generators and suicide Jawas (I’m not kidding). But in a battle of these profoundly different criminal conglomerations, who will emerge the victor?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.01.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2
May I also take this oppurtunity to shamelessly promote my recent fanfiction () on the missing chapters of Kreia's life, Darth Traya: Waiting in the Dark. Which will hopefully become part of a trilogy - so stay tuned!

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.01.2013 , 01:18 PM | #3
This is going to come down to who finds who first. They both have stealth technology. Would it be possible for either of them to locate cloaked ships? If so, I give the advantage to Tyber. The Merciless is one beast of a ship.

Don't know who would win here.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Segastorm's Avatar


Segastorm
01.01.2013 , 03:35 PM | #4
Let's see....
Military power: Zann had many vehicles and a pretty powerful fleet, with a good amount of it being stealth. GO-TO had no real fleet that we know of (except for his Yacht). GO-TO had pretty much mercenaries, thugs, and HK-50s for ground forces, but Zann had trained soldiers, tanks, and the droidekas.

Stealth: They're both good at hiding, but they both were caught eventually. Zann really didn't have stealth when he was hiding out. but he was found by the hutt cartel. GO-TO had to be baited, and if it weren't for that, he probably would never have been found in the first place. Zann did have stealth ships, but only his personal ships and 1 other type of ship. GO-TOs yacht I think was pretty big and could easily stand up to just the stealth aspects on Zann's fleet.

Allies: Hanharr has holy **** grade strength, and Urai has cloaking fields, with a limited amount of force-sensitivity. Urai's force-sensitivity would probably have no effect whatsoever. If it ever came to a 1 vs 1, Hanharr wins hands down. Urai would have to strike fast and hard when Hanharr doesn't expect it to even have a chance to take him.

For the leaders themselves, Zann probably would win if it came to a 1 vs 1, he could easily use the cloaking field to confuse and disorient GO-TO (if droids can get confused). And just gun him down slowly.

In the end, GO-TOs forces probably won't be able to stand at all against a direct attack from Zann, but they'd probably find and be able to try to assassinate Zann before they got completely decimated. Zann wins because again, his military would prove too much for GO-TO, and he's used to operating more in the shadows than a direct assault, bribing regular people and some exceptional fighters (trandoshans, Gand, etc.), but against well trained and well equipped soldiers, he wouldn't last. Even if his Yacht was never found, it would still leave GO-TO stranded and unable to do anything without actually leaving his Yacht....

Zann wins

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.01.2013 , 04:07 PM | #5
Dang it I'm not near my computer at the moment! I will bombard this thread with my pre-written stuff soon.

But I would like to make the point that although the arena is "The galaxy" all the action would take place on or over Nar Shaddaa, considering that's where G0-T0 operates.

Also, I would like to petition for the Twin Suns to be in G0-T0s power base. They're no more important than Zaans defilers.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

konstadinosblue's Avatar


konstadinosblue
01.01.2013 , 04:19 PM | #6
I don't know many things about those two.Only from the games.That's why I won't take part in this one,
I'll just observe.

By the way I just putted a new thread regarding my philosophy(The Theory of Eternal Conflict).I would appreciate if you take a look and say your opinion,and even more if you a gave it a good rating
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
01.01.2013 , 04:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Let's see....
Military power: Zann had many vehicles and a pretty powerful fleet, with a good amount of it being stealth. GO-TO had no real fleet that we know of (except for his Yacht). GO-TO had pretty much mercenaries, thugs, and HK-50s for ground forces, but Zann had trained soldiers, tanks, and the droidekas.
Didn't G0-T0 effectively have an unlimited supply of HK-50s though... HK-50s probably outclassed droidekas because they actually had some intelligence, tanks can be destroyed, and as to soldiers they wouldn't have a consistent level of skill and the HK-50s are more easily replaceable.

The other flaw in the argument is that Zann would still have his droidekas... G0-T0 was an expert at seizing control of droids. G0-T0 could easily walk off with a substancial amount of Zann's forces, even have them turn on Zann at the drop of a hat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Stealth: They're both good at hiding, but they both were caught eventually. Zann really didn't have stealth when he was hiding out. but he was found by the hutt cartel. GO-TO had to be baited, and if it weren't for that, he probably would never have been found in the first place. Zann did have stealth ships, but only his personal ships and 1 other type of ship. GO-TOs yacht I think was pretty big and could easily stand up to just the stealth aspects on Zann's fleet.
G0-T0 would likely have an easier time locating Zann, than Zann would have locating G0-T0, the crime boss Goto never existed, but Zann wouldn't know that. Plus G0-T0 can easily reprogram large numbers of droids, meaning G0-T0 could easily have droid spies in Zann's organization without Zann realizing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Allies: Hanharr has holy **** grade strength, and Urai has cloaking fields, with a limited amount of force-sensitivity. Urai's force-sensitivity would probably have no effect whatsoever. If it ever came to a 1 vs 1, Hanharr wins hands down. Urai would have to strike fast and hard when Hanharr doesn't expect it to even have a chance to take him.
Interesting take, but I'm going to consider this brawl to be irrelevent in the grand scheme of the overall war.

Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
For the leaders themselves, Zann probably would win if it came to a 1 vs 1, he could easily use the cloaking field to confuse and disorient GO-TO (if droids can get confused). And just gun him down slowly.
Problem with that argument is that G0-T0 has a built in stealth field generator, the most likely one to win that kind of a fight would be Zann, but it wouldn't be a landslide victory and could just as easily end up with G0-T0 winning.

Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
In the end, GO-TOs forces probably won't be able to stand at all against a direct attack from Zann, but they'd probably find and be able to try to assassinate Zann before they got completely decimated. Zann wins because again, his military would prove too much for GO-TO, and he's used to operating more in the shadows than a direct assault, bribing regular people and some exceptional fighters (trandoshans, Gand, etc.), but against well trained and well equipped soldiers, he wouldn't last. Even if his Yacht was never found, it would still leave GO-TO stranded and unable to do anything without actually leaving his Yacht....
Considering G0-T0 can easily hijack part of Zann's armed forces right off the bat, it's safe to assume that Zann will have a sudden and rather bloody decrease in manpower as the droidekas turn on his soldiers.

Additionally, the fleet Zann has is relatively worthless because G0-T0's base of operations is completely mobile and cloaked. Then you add in the unlimited HK-50's (which are also walking explosive devices), and I don't see Zann continuing to enjoy his large army.

Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Zann wins
I find that to be extremely unlikely.

Zann will be hunting for "Goto" whom doesn't even exist, G0-T0 made him up, so we have Zann trying to hunt down an individual that doesn't exist, never suspecting he's battling against a droid.

Unless Zann is very lucky, I don't see how G0-T0 can lose this fight short of extremely bad luck.

Canino's Avatar


Canino
01.01.2013 , 06:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Dang it I'm not near my computer at the moment! I will bombard this thread with my pre-written stuff soon.

But I would like to make the point that although the arena is "The galaxy" all the action would take place on or over Nar Shaddaa, considering that's where G0-T0 operates.

Also, I would like to petition for the Twin Suns to be in G0-T0s power base. They're no more important than Zaans defilers.
I support this petition! Also, Warren-Stride, I'm counting on you for having good information on G0-T0! This is the battle we must win!

But anyway, as you can see I side with G0-T0. His HK's will be a big factor. After researching Tyber, I found one of his biggest weapons(or at least prominent) were Nightsisters riding rancors. You heard right. The way I see it, HK's could assassinate the Nightsisters riding the rancors, which might spook them, causing them to stampede. That would basically eliminate them from any battle-though they would attack both parties.

Another thing that was mentioned was G0-T0's ability to take control over droids. Now it was powerful, but I don't know about the numbers. Tyber would eventually figure it out, and add more protection(what, I want an even fight).

Now to Zann (to point out weakness)-
He would be stronger in this battle, as his rivals would not exist. This can only help him, but he does have flaws. He gets his technology and weaponry from the black market. This is bad, as G0-T0 has the means to simply go about killing dealers who sell to Zann, or pay them off. Zann used slavery, which is good and bad. Good for business, but if someone-say HK, were to go and cause a riot, he would have to spare troops to put it down. Zann also controled territory, so he would have to leave behind troops to defend. He controled parts of these planets: Ryloth, Hypori, Saleucami, Kamino (formerly), Felucia(formerly).

Alright, more debate will come soon. G0-T0 shall prevail!
Also, would Zann have access to Bossk/IG-88? They were allies at one point, so I was just wondering.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.01.2013 , 06:24 PM | #9
No Bossk, no IG-88, no Silri etc. And I'm afraid no Twin Suns. While they may not have been as tough as Urai Fen and Hanharr they were highly dangerous assassins. Allowing them would therefore defeat the purpose of giving each combatant an ally. Unless I were to give Zann an ally of equal power. But each combatant only gets one I'm afraid.

Canino's Avatar


Canino
01.01.2013 , 06:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No Bossk, no IG-88, no Silri etc. And I'm afraid no Twin Suns. While they may not have been as tough as Urai Fen and Hanharr they were highly dangerous assassins. Allowing them would therefore defeat the purpose of giving each combatant an ally. Unless I were to give Zann an ally of equal power. But each combatant only gets one I'm afraid.
Alright, I guess that makes sense. And if you say it, who am I to argue? Especially in your thread. At least Zann doesn't get Bossk or IG-88. They were powerful, and G0-T0 would be hard pressed to elimanate them both.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------