Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afterimages

irishfino
12.26.2012 , 06:09 PM | #321
STAB HIM AGAIN.
What the hell?
[chuckles]
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
12.27.2012 , 09:35 AM | #322
It's deleted scene time again! This one was cut entirely from the story, but it would have taken place shortly after Chapter Six. I also wrote it before I came up with much of the main plot, so it serves mainly to provide exposition. I think I might have been thinking about posting it in the Short Fic Weekly Challenge as a means of introducing A'tro...I can't remember.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.27.2012 , 09:47 AM | #323
I love this! And that mix of affection, sniping, rivalry, pride, and occasional outright murder is a fantastic family dynamic.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
12.27.2012 , 11:14 AM | #324
Aww, father/daughter bonding over sweet, delicious murder.
That's - that's something I would say...
I know.
Help... me...
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
12.28.2012 , 10:21 AM | #325
Have ALL the bonus material! Today I am featuring the first draft of Chapter Fifteen (link is to the final version).

Somewhat bizarrely, this was one of the first scenes I wrote for this story, despite its placement rather far into the plot. Then again, this turned out to be a good thing, because it gave me time to edit it repeatedly. In fact, I eventually decided that this first incarnation was simply not good enough, and rewrote the second part entirely.

And now, have some iffy characterization:

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
12.29.2012 , 04:35 PM | #326
Ftb! Ftb!
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
12.30.2012 , 07:47 PM | #327
I said I'd post this on the 28th, and I didn't. Shame on me for procrastinating. Anyway, here's the second draft of Chapter Fifteen. This bears a fairly close similarity to what was eventually posted, although I eventually rejected it for being, like the first draft, quite OOC. I used a few lines from this in Chapter Twenty-Two. I do tend to recycle my dialogue. It's so efficient, Quinn would approve!

And now, our feature presentation:

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
12.30.2012 , 07:56 PM | #328
Om nom nom.

iamthehoyden
12.31.2012 , 06:36 PM | #329
Ves, the piece with A'tro and her father was pretty awesome. So messed up, but perfect for a Sith family.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
01.01.2013 , 11:39 AM | #330
Now, let's take a look at the first version of Chapter Seventeen. It changed considerably between that first draft and what was eventually posted. I also borrowed quite a few things from this chapter for Chapter Twenty-Two...I'm starting to think that Twenty-Two doesn't have much content that isn't recycled from something else.

Unfortunately, I never finished this early draft of Chapter Seventeen--it stops right when things start to get interesting, too. Shame on me.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Forever Shenanigans!