Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

Solarenergy
01.01.2013 , 11:12 AM | #11
I find it hard to believe that Jedi Covenant has changed that much since I left it. Sorry if I don't take your word for it. I'll just wait till my gunslinger gets to level 50 and see for myself. It is widely known that the Republic completely dominates that server, and exactly the reason why I no longer play level 50 Imperial toons on there.

ambitiousapple
01.01.2013 , 11:15 AM | #12
Depends on the server.

My current server has a select group of really strong imperial players amongst a mostly lackluster fleet population, while republic fleet has a much larger group of skilled players that arent quite at the standard of that aforementioned imperial group.

The difference in skill quality between the two fleets: ranked WZ experience and success therein - pubs do pug ranked most nights (defeating the purpose of ranked tbh, but meh), while that select imp group dominates the serious ranked WZ scene
F u w a h / P r o x
When it's all said and done...

RIP swtor ranked 4's, 01/10/13 - 31/5/14

United_Strafes
01.01.2013 , 11:25 AM | #13
LOL come to The Bastion, the Imps on our server are utterly stupid in PvP. It is RARE you will lose a PvP match on the Rep side.

jmsutton
01.01.2013 , 11:28 AM | #14
I honestly don't know what OP is talking about. I solo que and PUG lvl 50 Republic PvP all the time and do fine. Some days you do great, some days you don't, like any other. I got 5 wins in 8 matches on Jedi Covenant so far this morning, on Republic side.

Arkerus
01.01.2013 , 11:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
1. PvE players go reps, PvP players go imps.
2. Faction imbalance: Imps > Reps, and pvp'ers from Imps >>> Reps
3. All hardcore imp pvp'ers reroll into FoTM classes; casual reps do not

This is the reason, why Illum dead forever and never rise again - cuz its giant zergfast with hordes of imps and zero reps.

BW make fatal mistake in 2-side faction concept (there need 3rd faction - Underworld smugglers/bounty hunters for balancing these 2 sides) and so advertised in their media imp side.
3rd faction does nothing nor does it fit into the lore. So sick of seeing this suggestion. Just because a 3rd faction exists doesn't change anything.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Jarfunkz
01.01.2013 , 01:03 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Sentinel_Locke;5659551]First off, I "was" an avid PvP player on the Republic side. I say was because I can no longer stomach the absolutely terrible players that PvP on there (at least on the Jedi Covenant server). Players there have resigned themselves to one simple fact: If you queue solo for PvP as a Republic player, you are going to lose. It breaks my heart to admit it. To tell you how bad it is over there, let me say that I picked up my weekly PvP quest on Tuesday. By the following Monday, I had won 3/9 matches. And this is playing roughly 3-4 hours of PvP every day for that week. (You should maybe note that all 3 of the matches I won were skirmishes against other pubs).

Now, if I play my Imperial character, I can get wins and on average about 35 kills while not even wearing any PvP gear. What is up with that? (They are the mirrored classes, a Sentinel and Marauder)

Now, what I want to ask is, why? What makes the Imperials SOOO much better than the Pubs? Is it the fact that a staggering number of PvP Imps are Sorcs (tons of heals and shields there)? Is it that they actually utilize stuns in succession to keep players down? Possibly all of the AoE's they drop on top of mission objectives to keep players from accessing them?

Feel free to toss your two cents in. Perhaps even make some of the Pubs wake up to how awful things are.[/QUOTE

Two different types of code written. Imperial classes for the most part are much smoother. Pistols have a smaller turning radius, a lot of the abilities just run better. I played beta before they decided to mirror all the classes, it was a much better game then. New code was written for the republic players, basically vanguard mimic'd powertech, not the other way around, they were two completely separate classes. It is like that for a lot of other classes as well.

Who wants to throw rocks when you can shoot lightning?
VicVega

Skyhigh
01.01.2013 , 01:09 PM | #17
Imps take their ADD meds. Most of the pub random q'ers do not.

hunterraaze
01.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #18
On my server, The Harbinger, it feels the exact opposite. Reps always seem to win. Imps just have more of the baddies, becuz they're kewl evil guys. It just seems that empire looses alot more.

DarthSabreth
01.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel_Locke View Post
First off, I "was" an avid PvP player on the Republic side. I say was because I can no longer stomach the absolutely terrible players that PvP on there (at least on the Jedi Covenant server). Players there have resigned themselves to one simple fact: If you queue solo for PvP as a Republic player, you are going to lose. It breaks my heart to admit it. To tell you how bad it is over there, let me say that I picked up my weekly PvP quest on Tuesday. By the following Monday, I had won 3/9 matches. And this is playing roughly 3-4 hours of PvP every day for that week. (You should maybe note that all 3 of the matches I won were skirmishes against other pubs).

Now, if I play my Imperial character, I can get wins and on average about 35 kills while not even wearing any PvP gear. What is up with that? (They are the mirrored classes, a Sentinel and Marauder)

Now, what I want to ask is, why? What makes the Imperials SOOO much better than the Pubs? Is it the fact that a staggering number of PvP Imps are Sorcs (tons of heals and shields there)? Is it that they actually utilize stuns in succession to keep players down? Possibly all of the AoE's they drop on top of mission objectives to keep players from accessing them?

Feel free to toss your two cents in. Perhaps even make some of the Pubs wake up to how awful things are.
its the revers on Ebon Hawk, the republic are the better players and the majority of the imp wins are either they have a ballanced pug team or they are premading. most of the republic pug groups seem to be somewhat ballanced due to people rolling a majority of different classes where as the imps seem to be more FOTOM heavy Maras / PT's. while they are heavy on their teams they dont add to the pool in a positive way and they hurt their teams except in HB where they shine brightly.

perhaps the republic players on your server OP are more FOTOM heavy than diverse.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

AdmiralParmesan
01.01.2013 , 01:22 PM | #20
Many republic players rerolled to the higher population empire side to get on better ranked teams
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-