Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class that does not have a ton of skills in their rotation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What class that does not have a ton of skills in their rotation?

Mokbar
12.20.2011 , 09:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
So a lack of extra fingers on his left hand for pressing tons of keys on the keyboard is a lack of skill? Ok, good to know.
You mean your fingers don't split open to reveal more little fingers like those androids from "Ghost in the shell"? Frigging noobs, time to upgrade.

/sarcasm
CE VIP

SalBasss
12.20.2011 , 01:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
So a lack of extra fingers on his left hand for pressing tons of keys on the keyboard is a lack of skill? Ok, good to know.
Uh, what? I didn't know there were so many characters out there using 6 skills at the exact same time.

Ctrl+1
Shift+1

Three combinations, one key... and I don't even know if you can also use Alt+1. It's really not that tough to bind like 15-20 skills all within VERY comfortable range of your normal fingers.

Eramith
12.20.2011 , 01:33 PM | #13
You need to find which buttons you press the most. Make those the easiest for you to press. If you need to, use the letter keys around your movement keys. Even shifting over to ESDF instead of WASD for movement can help with that.

CTRL is hard for me to press on my keyboard, however, the Windows key is very easy. So I remapped my left Windows key in Windows (need a 3rd party utility) to act like the CTRL key instead.

Now I can do SHIFT+??, CTRL+??, and ?? with relative ease. I also have a Razer mouse that has 12 keys on the side.

Try with just a few of your abilities first, then click with the others.

redtigershogun
12.20.2011 , 01:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Uh, what? I didn't know there were so many characters out there using 6 skills at the exact same time.

Ctrl+1
Shift+1

Three combinations, one key... and I don't even know if you can also use Alt+1. It's really not that tough to bind like 15-20 skills all within VERY comfortable range of your normal fingers.
Did you even look at the comment they were responding to?

Also, I would LOVE to see you spam your Ctrl+1 ability while you run to the left.

Anyway, what the person was basically saying is that using macros can be very helpful and also can be used to avoid having three different abilities tied to one key.

Eramith
12.20.2011 , 01:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by redtigershogun View Post
Also, I would LOVE to see you spam your Ctrl+1 ability while you run to the left.
How about with the mouse? CLICK CLICK CLICK.

Ryphex
12.20.2011 , 01:54 PM | #16
I actually agree with the OP, Currently a 32 jugg. And I've played lots of MMO's, and have raided to a high standard on WoW over the past 4 years.

And without macro's, there are too many abilities that need keybinding.

I use a g13 gamepad, and use a shift type modifier so that I can even use the same keys twice for two different abilities. I'm ok at the moment, but once I start to get some of the higher level abiliteis I can see it being as issue.

Bring in relics and stims/meds/cooldowns and your looking at clicking a lot.

macros are something that are needed in any MMO with a lot of abilities and I hope they introduce them soon.

And before people say "l2p without macros noob", I don't want macros to play my game for me, but your a noob if you dont use macros as they can be extremely benficial.

cleverestx
12.20.2011 , 01:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post

Ctrl+1
Shift+1

Regardless of where on the hot-bar (using both rows on bottom) I place my skills, I can't seem to make anything trigger using CTRL or SHIFT with the number keys....I'm obviously not doing it right...how do I set up the skills to activate with these keys?? My Sniper is getting a bit too complicated at this point without using these shortcuts...

Eramith
12.20.2011 , 02:06 PM | #18
You need to assign the keybindings to an action bar slot to be CTRL+#.