Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back my Electro Dart

Baarabas
12.31.2012 , 12:20 AM | #1
The 10m nerf to this ability is ridiculous. Ranged stuns weren’t the problem, we only have 1!!!!! This nerf alone caused me to unsub. I am back to see what 1.6 will bring, but every time I go to fire it off I am reminded how incompetent our Devs are. This was the stupidest nerf!!!! I will probably unsub again if it is not fixed in 1.6.
"Listen! And understand! He is out there! He cant be bargained with! He cant be reasoned with! He doesn't feel pitty, or remorse, or fear. And absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"
Unknown Mark

Gyronamics
12.31.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
The main thing is we are even more fecked vs gunslingers than before.

30m range could stop a slinger mowing you down or interrupt a cast he's doing.

Still, the devs say we are really good if we remember to bring our portable wall to hide behind. The magic one which stops pulls and leaps too I suppose.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

TyrKartelos
12.31.2012 , 11:37 AM | #3
Electro dart nerf didnt effect me much, although I dont really PVP at all so maybe that is why. That being said I still have no fracking idea why the did it...

Baarabas
01.01.2013 , 12:13 AM | #4
Yeah, it is really a noticable gimp in PvP. I know Pyro's use it on offense more than we use it on defense. With all the cast time, it actually holds our opponents in place so we can cast a whopper on them. Believe it or not, I use it with DFA. To me, DFA without a stun is near worthless in PvP. With a properly applied offensive stun (applied at range) DFA helps return some DPS to a Merc Class that has been nerf'd continously since the first patch.
"Listen! And understand! He is out there! He cant be bargained with! He cant be reasoned with! He doesn't feel pitty, or remorse, or fear. And absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"
Unknown Mark

jedimasterjac
01.01.2013 , 12:15 AM | #5
Yeah. Electro dart was the only reliable skill. NOw I have to aggroo the group before I stun, so I shall get 20 DOTs before I can even fire a shot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

NoTomorrow
01.01.2013 , 12:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
The main thing is we are even more fecked vs gunslingers than before.

30m range could stop a slinger mowing you down or interrupt a cast he's doing.

Still, the devs say we are really good if we remember to bring our portable wall to hide behind. The magic one which stops pulls and leaps too I suppose.
against good snipers, it was never helpful because they could just entrench in anticipation of your electrodart.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Macroeconomics
01.01.2013 , 01:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
against good snipers, it was never helpful because they could just entrench in anticipation of your electrodart.
This. There was a use for the 30m stun though. More than one actually.

Sometimes you'd see a Guardian change his focus target to you and he'd of course start with his Saber throw. If you were fast, you could stun him before he could leap to you. Very useful. You can't do that any more.

Also, if you were tasked by your team to target and kill an enemy Scoundrel/Ops healer, you could eventually work him down below 30% health and then of course you'd need to stun him to finish him off. Being able to do that at 30m was huge. Now you can't do that and instead must bring your toon to <10m. Which is perilously close to the enemy's copious stun abilities. So killing an enemy stealth healer (the most common type of course), is much harder for Merc dps.

Which is the entire point of course. Every patch has exposed the devs desire to pare back Merc dps effectiveness. They honestly believe that Merc dps is the most OP class in the game.

Bouncy_Hunter
01.01.2013 , 04:26 PM | #8
Yeah I agree that was a completely unnecessary nerf, and even though I don't PvP much I can feel your pain. Like somebody mentioned above it's even harder now to go up against Gunslingers and that 1v1 I try to avoid, there is no way to win against one (at least in my arsenal spec) especially if they interrupt me.

_Darkstar
01.02.2013 , 03:38 AM | #9
PvP breaks everything and I wish games would just give up with trying to encorporate it. This sucks for PvE. My Sorc gets a bit overwhelmed and I hit Electrocute (Not getting into Whirlwind!) but my Merc gets overwhelmed and I have to run in before I can stun?

I thought it was just stuipd, but now I know it was a nerf I am annoyed.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

ZeroPlus
01.02.2013 , 05:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Yeah. Electro dart was the only reliable skill. NOw I have to aggroo the group before I stun, so I shall get 20 DOTs before I can even fire a shot.
If you want to take one of the mobs in the group out of commision, why not just use Concussion Missile? It still has the 30m range and will incapacitate the mob for 60s...

Back to the topic of Electro Dart: if the idea is to have an "interrupt", then we have a new ability called Disabling Shot (introduced in the same patch that reduced the range on Electro Dart). It is a standard interrupt that locks out the interrupted ability for 4 seconds and it also has a 30m range.

The "nerf" to Electro Dart/Cryo Grenade was extended to other classes as well. Inquisitors/Consulars had the same happen to Electrocute/Force Stun. I believe the reasoning behind this is that these abilities were originally meant as "escape" abilities to allow you to stop a "melee" character in his tracks and get away from him. However, due to their range they were being used offensively against "everyone" and not just "melee". The "nerf" was to "restore" the original intent of these abilities.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!