Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 04:07 PM | #11
Here's the point: the dark side and light cannot coexist without each other. Therefore, both must exist and we have no choice but to accept it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Seeking knowledge has limits. The Jedi who later became the Sith used the Dark Side of the Force to experiment with life. And I bet that's not that pleasent for the test subject. (One might try to justify it if it is for the greater good, like testing medicine or even testing poisons to warn people better. But that wasn't the case. They just wanted to know how much you could manipulate life.) And since we know they created some kinds of zombies, it's safe to assume they used sentients.

So if someone says: "Hey, maybe we could use the dark side to create zombies. Let's try it." I wouldn't be on his side. The Jedi Order tried to forbid it, but they just continued doing it. Only then the Jedi started to use force.

(That's the Second Great Schism, the one that created the Sith. The First Great Schism was more complicated and there the Jedi might have been wrong.)
actually the so called "zombies" came after the Jedis began the war, the so called zombies where created in the first place to defend themselfs since they were by far outnumbered by the Jedis. if u read again http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness
u will see that: The first form of Korriban zombies would be created during the earliest stages of the war...

i do recognise that the dark sided group was experimenting with life, but not human or other sapient form of life, other than animals, etc...

on a side note, great to see u agree on The First Great Schism being Jedis own fault....

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
^^ Absolutely. If one deeply considers it, the Jedi are better. They're not the most perfect group ever. Far from it. They have issues. They can be hypocrites. But as a whole they are infinitely more just and less freedom-suppressing then the Sith.
why would u exaclty judge and entire culture on something that was a Single Man idea and plan? hey all germans are Nazis, all "negros" are criminals, all irish are drunks, and norwegians vikings, all arabs are terrorists, all japanize are kamikaze... just saying...
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 04:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
why would u exaclty judge and entire culture on something that was a Single Man idea and plan? hey all germans are Nazis, all "negros" are criminals, all irish are drunks, and norwegians vikings, all arabs are terrorists, all japanize are kamikaze... just saying...
It was a man's idea but let me tell you something... the others could have said something that will blow your mind, they could have said NO to his ideas. I'm not judging all Germans as you want to interpret it, i judging all Nazis as... well...as being Nazis. And let me tell you if you consider that the actions of a few in the past give you free passage to killing billions of innocent people in the present then your idea is flawed. You must not judge the son by the actions of his father...just sayin'...
Sebah - Jedi Knight Guardian

Aurbere
12.31.2012 , 04:51 PM | #14
actually the so called "zombies" came after the Jedis began the war, the so called zombies where created in the first place to defend themselfs since they were by far outnumbered by the Jedis. if u read again http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness
u will see that: The first form of Korriban zombies would be created during the earliest stages of the war...

i do recognise that the dark sided group was experimenting with life, but not human or other sapient form of life, other than animals, etc...

on a side note, great to see u agree on The First Great Schism being Jedis own fault....
Umm... no. You're right about the zombies, but you're wrong on everything else.

When it comes to the first Dark Jedi, the Jedi told them to stop. The Dark Jedi continued and the Jedi were forced to take action. To the Jedi, all life is sacred. The Dark Jedi weren't just manipulating life, but the Force itself. They were disrupting the laws of nature and The Force. That's why the Jedi took action. Such things must not be messed with.

Taking the side of the Sith? Really? In what instance have the Sith been the good guys? When have the Sith been the victims?
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 04:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebah View Post
It was a man's idea but let me tell you something... the others could have said something that will blow your mind, they could have said NO to his ideas. I'm not judging all Germans as you want to interpret it, i judging all Nazis as... well...as being Nazis. And let me tell you if you consider that the actions of a few in the past give you free passage to killing billions of innocent people in the present then your idea is flawed. You must not judge the son by the actions of his father...just sayin'...
once again, the emperator plans where those of his own, and little people if any knew of his ultimate goal.... known exeptions where Revan and Lord Scroudge, both of them tried to destroy the emperator, dident they? and yes u are judging all sith for what 1 man wanted, so its the same that judging all germans for what a bunch of naziz did....

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Umm... no. You're right about the zombies, but you're wrong on everything else.

When it comes to the first Dark Jedi, the Jedi told them to stop. The Dark Jedi continued and the Jedi were forced to take action. To the Jedi, all life is sacred. The Dark Jedi weren't just manipulating life, but the Force itself. They were disrupting the laws of nature and The Force. That's why the Jedi took action. Such things must not be messed with.

Taking the side of the Sith? Really? In what instance have the Sith been the good guys? When have the Sith been the victims?
so where was i wrong then exactly? cos nothing of what u said contradicts anything of what i said... lol?
sorry but who are the jedis to tell other jedis what to do whit their powers? Dark jedis werent killing inocent people, they were experimenting on animals, and trying to reach eternal life.... they tryed to get all jedis to join their cause, when the other refused they left and followed their own path withown interfearing with the republic or the jedi order.... but hey... the "good guys" cant have people doing what they want, everybody who is a force user has to be under their controll, adn follow their ideals.. or they get killed.. right?...

when did the sith were victims? how about http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Great_Schism .... they werent manipulating life itself back there yet... still the "nice guys" declared war on them....

what about at the end of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War when their race and civilization was almost exterminated?

even on http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness they were the victims, they did not atacked the jedis, they left the order to do what they wanted to do... yes ok, they started messing with "arcane arts" necromancy and **** after a wile, but still.... they were not slaving populations, killing inocents, taking sapient species as test subjects.....

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 05:09 PM | #16
once again, the emperator plans where those of his own, and little people if any knew of his ultimate goal.... exeptions where Revan, Lord Scroudge both who tryed tod estroy the emperator dident they? and yes u are judging all sith for 1 man wanted, so its the same that judging all germans for what a bunch of naziz did....
should I start here to enumerate all sith in lore and their hidden agenda? I name just 1 that wasn't an emperor, Darth Nihilus. If you have played KotOR 2 you would know what his plans were and he was just 1 on many. When we're talking about sith yes I do generalize, all are evil. There are a lot of flaws in the jedi way but i would take that any day. Stop trying to excuse their murdering rampage and convert them into saints and martyrs.

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 05:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebah View Post
should I start here to enumerate all sith in lore and their hidden agenda? I name just 1 that wasn't an emperor, Darth Nihilus. If you have played KotOR 2 you would know what his plans were and he was just 1 on many. When we're talking about sith yes I do generalize, all are evil. There are a lot of flaws in the jedi way but i would take that any day. Stop trying to excuse their murdering rampage and convert them into saints and martyrs.
as i said( i quote myself)

btw destroying planets; killing billions of innocents and extinguish all life in the galaxy ain't exactly the sith way , its more the Emperator own way... as well as other extremist over curse of history....
there has been several extremist over the years, naming nihilus proves nothing, exept that ur knoloadge of sith story and traditions is only based on what the games show u.... and no, am not making the sith into saints or martyrs... where did i stated such things?

quote myself again:

even tought i have allways felt "some simpaty" with the jedi, i finally came to the conclusion that i actually indentify myself better with The Dark/Fallen/Exiled Jedis and the "Sith Order".
i haven't even stated anywhere that i disliked/oposited the jedi order as a whole....i do dislike many of their ideals, but i do recognise many other are well tought, and of value.... i am a very open sight person regarding many things and i try to give good facts over what i say....

Aurbere
12.31.2012 , 05:25 PM | #18

so where was i wrong then exactly? cos nothing of what u said contradicts anything of what i said... lol?
sorry but who are the jedis to tell other jedis what to do whit their powers? Dark jedis werent killing inocent people, they were experimenting on animals, and trying to reach eternal life.... they tryed to get all jedis to join their cause, when the other refused they left and followed their own path withown interfearing with the republic or the jedi order.... but hey... the "good guys" cant have people doing what they want, everybody who is a force user has to be under their controll, adn follow their ideals.. or they get killed.. right?...

when did the sith were victims? how about http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Great_Schism .... they werent manipulating life itself back there yet... still the "nice guys" declared war on them....

what about at the end of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War when their race and civilization was almost exterminated?

even on http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness they were the victims, they did not atacked the jedis, they left the order to do what they wanted to do... yes ok, they started messing with "arcane arts" necromancy and **** after a wile, but still.... they were not slaving populations, killing inocents, taking sapient species as test subjects.....
Do yourself a favor and read those links yourself.

First Great Schism they were both at fault.

You would feel different if you knew what Naga Sadow and the Sith did during the Great Hyperspace War. The Sith were a threat and the majority of the Sith Lords was cut off from The Force by Odan-Urr and the Jedi.

So as long as they don't enslave people, kill people, or use their foul arts on sentient subjects, you're alright with it? Oh goody.

Somebody doesn't understand the Dark Side.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 05:26 PM | #19
as i said( i quote myself)

there has been several extremist over the years, naming nihilus proves nothing, exept that ur knoloadge of sith story and traditions is only based on what the games show u.... and no, am not making the sith into saints or martyrs... where did i stated such things?
I won't even try to argue with you because honestly it will lead to nothing. Others have tried too but you have your ideas and we have ours. we gave you reasons but you did nothing to back your ideas up with. by your idea if my father slapped your father in the past you have the right to kill me, my children, my neighbor, my neighbor's neighbor in the present. I have really no idea how is that justified in you view and how that makes you a good guy. Face it Sith= bad, jedi= god in Star Wars Universe and until you bring me valid reasons on why is the other way around I won't argue with you anymore. GOOD reasons and not just "but their ancestors kicked our ancestors buts". GOOD SOLID reasons to back up your claims. We gave you ours.

Aurbere
12.31.2012 , 05:35 PM | #20
And another thing about the Hyperspace War. The Republic invaded to prevent another War. The Sith made suicide attacks to force the Republic to retreat. Then they killed themselves ritually.

Hmm...

Edit: Would you say Sidious taking over the galaxy is a good thing? What about Darth Krayt? Was Lord Kaan's actions justified? What about the Mandalore Wars? Or the Jedi Civil War? How about the Great Galactic War?