Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Is Artiface worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Is Artiface worth it?

mullman
12.31.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
I have been running Artiface since the beginning and I see almost NO use for it. I mainly do PVP and see no way to make any kind of cash with this skill. I keep hoping they would inject some use, PVPwise, for this skill? I may just have to drop it.

Furiel
12.31.2012 , 09:28 AM | #2
You can use your spare warzone comms to buy WH gear and pull the enhances out of them and RE them for molecular stabilizers which will sell for 125-200k each depending on your server. Other than that there is no direct use in PVP for it that I'm aware of.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

Black-Cell
12.31.2012 , 01:06 PM | #3
I have artifice too, I craft the Power crystals. The dps folks (both pvp and pve) usually snatch those up quickly. I sell mine for around 50-80k each depending on how the market is. They dont sell like hotcakes but i make some sales almost daily. Also, as the person above stated, you can RE enhancements for stabilizers and sell them for some good cash.

Lyons_Crest
12.31.2012 , 02:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I have been running Artiface since the beginning and I see almost NO use for it. I mainly do PVP and see no way to make any kind of cash with this skill. I keep hoping they would inject some use, PVPwise, for this skill? I may just have to drop it.
Artifce is merely " Ok " if you are raiding. If you are strictly pvp my advise is to dump it for Biochem fast.. !

Artifice can RE Hilts & enhancements, WH, EWH, BH, and Dreadguard. <---- "IF " you can learn the mat it can be worth a pretty penny to you and others you know. This being said, once your level 50 and it's maxed to 400 getting materials doesn't seem to matter too much for now, and outside of Artifice the other two skills are kind of worthless. There is little to no need for " Archeology " nor does Treasure hunting help much either. My main runs Artifice and raids and pvp's still looking for mats as well LOL, I am stubborn and just refuse to switch it though. However,.... very important to note ... ALL of my ALTS now run BIOCHEM LMAO =)

Sythweaving and Armormech I believe were destroyed 100% with Cartel market, which is also destroyed Artifice crystals as well, and is now working on destroying cybertech ship parts as well.

So far I always suggest people just to run with Biochem raiding or pvp or both it's a money saver everywhere and a money maker for those like my main that refuse to switch as well LOL 100k a week in stims for my main. =/
That's just the roll of the dice, my choice and how it is ... What you craft or do is up to you but that's my advise =)

DaShuk
12.31.2012 , 04:22 PM | #5
I make a killing on lower level enhancements and hilts, but most of my sales come from color crystals. My server is basically void of enhancements or decent hilts from level 1-20ish so I've found I can make some good credits crafting and selling those.