Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Group Finder Lockout


Waywardism's Avatar


Waywardism
12.29.2012 , 03:35 AM | #1
Dear Bioware,

Please make it so, that if someone quits a group the other players are exempt from the lockout.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
12.29.2012 , 04:10 AM | #2
They are, they can just find another player via gf or finish the flashpoint using a companion.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

oleost's Avatar


oleost
12.29.2012 , 09:04 AM | #3
Ehm, they arent.

And, if I play with my dps in a flashpoint, and we loses a tank, you can end up waiting 20 minutes for a new one.. And got luck to try tanking Lost Island FP with a companion if your not HEAVILY overgeared.

Waywardism's Avatar


Waywardism
12.29.2012 , 11:00 AM | #4
Yeah that's exactly what happened to me earlier. Lost Island HM on my Marauder, the tank quit before even entering the instance, then the healer left. Doesn't leave many options unless you're willing to wait forever for a new tank and healer.

Voltz-dk's Avatar


Voltz-dk
12.29.2012 , 05:22 PM | #5
I just had 3 times in a row that tanks leave LI before even entering. It's completely FUBAR that I must endure 10-12 mins lockout for that.

Eshmael's Avatar


Eshmael
12.29.2012 , 05:40 PM | #6
Suggestion: Search for new one via GF, exit area in the meantime and do whatever you want (exapt pvp i think) and the moment there is a new Tank/heal/whatever do the GF port again.

SturmUndSterne's Avatar


SturmUndSterne
12.30.2012 , 10:04 AM | #7
Just throwing this out there.

The tank probably wouldn't quit if the DPS weren't woefully undergeared.

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
12.31.2012 , 01:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post
Just throwing this out there.

The tank probably wouldn't quit if the DPS weren't woefully undergeared.


Considering they indicate that the tank quits before even entering, I doubt that is the case.

It probably has more to do with the fact that they misqueued as a tank (GF will sometimes reselect the Tank option) and they relized it when they got the group interface and saw they had the shield icon. I'm keyed to the issue and normally pick up on the "a group was found" screen, but you can sometimes miss it.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ladwar's Avatar


ladwar
12.31.2012 , 04:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post


Considering they indicate that the tank quits before even entering, I doubt that is the case.

It probably has more to do with the fact that they misqueued as a tank (GF will sometimes reselect the Tank option) and they relized it when they got the group interface and saw they had the shield icon. I'm keyed to the issue and normally pick up on the "a group was found" screen, but you can sometimes miss it.
this has never happened to me but even if it does u should check to see u are in the right role to start with before accepting the que.

Tadache's Avatar


Tadache
01.01.2013 , 05:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
this has never happened to me but even if it does u should check to see u are in the right role to start with before accepting the que.
Not be be argumentative, but I disagree with this statement. You shouldn't have to check -- the Group Finder should not make that mistake. I have been assigned the wrong role a couple times by the Group Finder, so I know why you suggest that. But Bioware should make it work correctly so people don't have to back out at the last second and get a queue penalty as a result.