Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 03:15 PM | #1
Lately i have been researching and reading a lot about both orders, their code, its lore, how they started, prominent figures, etc, etc.... and well.... even tought i have allways felt "some simpaty" with the jedi, i finally came to the conclusion that i actually indentify myself better with The Dark/Fallen/Exiled Jedis and the "Sith Order".

To beging with, something really ironic that changed my point of view, is that it was the light sided force users the ones that comenced hostilities vs those who wished to expand their knoloadge and understanding of the Force and learn its secrets, the dark sided force users. in stead of being the other way around. Notice that am not talking about Jedis and Sith yet, since at the begining of the conflicts none of this orders existed as separate entities, but rather were toguehter in what was known as Je'daii Order, composed of the Ashla and the Bogan ....

I can completly see how those who wished to expand their knoloadge and power felt themselfs represed, subjugated and controlled by the other force users who rejected to embrace greater power from the force, and looked dawn on those who did. Hence why a faction left and decided to follow their own path..... How did the light sided force users reacted to their brothers leaving? War.... says a lot about them.....

i will expand later... feel free to give ur opinions on the topic...

EDIT:
For those who wish to have more information about it, i recomend u the following articles:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Wars

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Great_Schism

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Order

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je%27daii_Order

EDIT 2: would be good if u read them all, before leaving ur opinion.... so u can actually make a stronger case on what ever ur take on the topic is. thanks
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2
Soooo. You agree with the sith way ( destroying planets, killing billions of innocents or trying even to extinguish all life in the galaxy) because their ancestors got their *** kicked by people that didn't have the "higher learning". Rrrrright.
Sebah - Jedi Knight Guardian

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebah View Post
Soooo. You agree with the sith way ( destroying planets, killing billions of innocents or trying even to extinguish all life in the galaxy) because their ancestors got their *** kicked by people that didn't have the "higher learning". Rrrrright.
it was the light sided force users the ones that ataked the dark sided force users in the first place, wasent declaring war and open conflict on them just becouse they decided to follow their own path an act of genocide in a way?
btw destroying planets; killing billions of innocents and extinguish all life in the galaxy ain't exactly the sith way , its more the Emperator own way... as well as other extremist over curse of history....

as the sith code dictates:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

in their eyes, it is all about having free will, being strong, obtaining greater knoladge, becoming stronger, and ultimatelly being master of own destiny.....

u can compare the Sith with the Spartans for instance.... Were spartans evil just becouse in their majority they were warriors and in a way loved war? Becouse they believed the Strong should rule over the weak?

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 03:45 PM | #4
I guess extinguishing all life force in the galaxy is one way of becoming the strongest man in the galaxy. Hell, why try to stop him then, the man only want's superior knowledge.
Killing billions of innocents it's not war it's genocide. It doesn't show sigh of strength but of weakness. I don't compare sith with spartans, I compare them with WW2 Nazis.

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 03:50 PM | #5
I guess extinguishing all life force in the galaxy is one way of becoming the strongest man in the galaxy. Hell, why try to stop him then, the man only want's superior knowledge.
i guess starting a war and destroying other people because they don't agree with ur thinking/ way of life even if they do not interfere directly with u is ok then? that was what the so called light sided force users did...

Killing billions of innocents it's not war it's genocide. It doesn't show sigh of strength but of weakness. I don't compare sith with spartans, I compare them with WW2 Nazis.
No dark sided force user, sith, exiled, dark jedi or what ever u want to call them, ever comited genocide over billions of people neither they started a war on the once again so called jedi, light side force users....

EDIT: last line was refering to before and under the Old Republic period (where only The Sith Emperor and Darth Nihilus were exeptions)

Genuine
12.31.2012 , 03:51 PM | #6
the games a bit wrong when they say they where not Jedi or sith yet they where callled Je'daii Order and they where brote to the planet Tython by the Tho Yor Pyramid Ships that collect force sensitive species from all around the galaxy including sith pure bloods. it is true there was no sith order or empire yet but the Infant empire was the dark power of this time

i would read the comics Dawn of The Jedi, Issue 0 is just a comic of a lot of info on the Je'daii Order but if not here a link to some info http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je%27daii_Order

but i think the Je'daii code is the best my self

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Sebah
12.31.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
i guess starting a way and destroying other people because they don't agree with ur thinking/ way life even if they do not interfere directly with u is ok then? that was what the so called light sided force users did...
So you judge the current people by the action or their ancestors? I ask you again, is extinguishing all life in the galaxy justified by the fact that at some point in the past some dark side users got their *** kicked by some light side users?

YeIIow
12.31.2012 , 04:02 PM | #8
So you judge the current people by the action or their ancestors? I ask you again, is extinguishing all life in the galaxy justified by the fact that at some point in the past some dark side users got their *** kicked by some light side users?
the current people? sorry but we are 3k years on the past, the current people would be Sidius and Vader, none of them wished to exterminate all life in the galaxy pal, they just wanted to be the rulers of the galaxy, thing they acomplished.....

u ask me again and i ask u again : starting a war and destroying other people because they don't agree with ur thinking/ way of life, even if they do not interfere directly with u is ok then? as i said generalising the sith society as a whole by what the Emperator alone wishes to acomplish aint correct.

Since it seems u only know about sith traditions from what u see in the game, i will give u a clear example based on the game(s), why does Lord Scourge oposites the emperator and doesn't support his plans? Why does Darth Malgus choses to abandom the empire and Create his own. Why does Revan while being a Darth lord of the Sith followed his own path and tryed to stop the Emperator, why does the spirits of the ancient sith lords were ageinst the emperator and tried to stop him aswell? i recomend u to read a bitt more, before generalising about the sith and their ways...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Wars

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Great_Schism

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness

Maaruin
12.31.2012 , 04:02 PM | #9
Seeking knowledge has limits. The Jedi who later became the Sith used the Dark Side of the Force to experiment with life. And I bet that's not that pleasent for the test subject. (One might try to justify it if it is for the greater good, like testing medicine or even testing poisons to warn people better. But that wasn't the case. They just wanted to know how much you could manipulate life.) And since we know they created some kinds of zombies, it's safe to assume they used sentients.

So if someone says: "Hey, maybe we could use the dark side to create zombies. Let's try it." I wouldn't be on his side. The Jedi Order tried to forbid it, but they just continued doing it. Only then the Jedi started to use force.

(That's the Second Great Schism, the one that created the Sith. The First Great Schism was more complicated and there the Jedi might have been wrong.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 04:07 PM | #10
^^ Absolutely. If one deeply considers it, the Jedi are better. They're not the most perfect group ever. Far from it. They have issues. They can be hypocrites. But as a whole they are infinitely more just and less freedom-suppressing then the Sith.