Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

Cowflab
12.31.2012 , 02:06 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
full darkness can be good for tanking in the middle of big fights. I.e. when you're not node guarding. Wither's damage debuff and slow are very useful in those situations and Harnessed Darkness does enough damage to make you a threat. It is also a very good dueling spec against certain classes (the only person I can not more or less slaughter in duels consistently is a fellow guildies' full darkness assassin).

but if you're node guarding I still think 23/1/17 is better and if you're dps in wzs I still prefer Wakajinn.
I don't spend much time in darkness builds. Perhaps you can clear this up for me. Do the damage reductions of AoE taunt and wither stack?

Peillach
12.31.2012 , 02:41 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
I don't spend much time in darkness builds. Perhaps you can clear this up for me. Do the damage reductions of AoE taunt and wither stack?
Yes as they are two seperate effects, the damage reduction from an AoE taunt does not stack with other taunts

IsaiahSix
12.31.2012 , 02:46 PM | #193
With the new EWH relics out, has anyone tested them much? Basically, what two dps relics work best together and, based upon the tool tips, do they even work together at all?

EatenByDistance
12.31.2012 , 03:54 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by IsaiahSix View Post
With the new EWH relics out, has anyone tested them much? Basically, what two dps relics work best together and, based upon the tool tips, do they even work together at all?
just take the upgrades versions. I.e. if you have two boundless ages power relics (which you should if you're dps) you get two elite war hero boundless ages relics. It is a flat stat increase so no reason not to.

I'll update armory soon to keep up to date with changes.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

EatenByDistance
12.31.2012 , 05:50 PM | #195
http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/b/352878970#

marauder dueling guide uploaded!

dunno why there is static in background I will try to fix for future videos. It isn't loud enough to really cause a lot of problems though so I hope you enjoy regardless.

more updates and stuff to follow
Watch my stream!
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

gholland
12.31.2012 , 06:28 PM | #196
Thank you very much!

gh

IsaiahSix
01.01.2013 , 12:12 AM | #197
just take the upgrades versions. I.e. if you have two boundless ages power relics (which you should if you're dps) you get two elite war hero boundless ages relics. It is a flat stat increase so no reason not to.

I'll update armory soon to keep up to date with changes.
The problem I am having is with the procs. I just got all my battle master gear a week or so before 1.6 came out (I just started playing) and they are static relics (no proc/trigger). The tooltip on the EWH relics says they do not stack with "similar damage procs" (or something to that effect). Can I use two different procs (internal and elemental, for instance), or do you get the proc off of the first one and the second is completely wasted stats? If they are wasted, I would assume I should go with a healing or defense one just to get some use out of it?

EatenByDistance
01.01.2013 , 12:23 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by IsaiahSix View Post
The problem I am having is with the procs. I just got all my battle master gear a week or so before 1.6 came out (I just started playing) and they are static relics (no proc/trigger). The tooltip on the EWH relics says they do not stack with "similar damage procs" (or something to that effect). Can I use two different procs (internal and elemental, for instance), or do you get the proc off of the first one and the second is completely wasted stats? If they are wasted, I would assume I should go with a healing or defense one just to get some use out of it?
don't use dps proc relics in pvp they are completely outclassed by the pure power ones. use 2 boundless ages relics for dps.
Watch my stream!

Valentyna
01.02.2013 , 05:03 AM | #199
Bit of a report back; I tried it your way and things did seem to go much better. The cynic in me can't help thinking that staying with the group and not running off half-arsed trying to be a hero is generally good advice for any build, so it might just be that () but I certainly do feel far more useful than I did as a solo node guard or what-not and as long as I'm having fun... I suppose mission accomplished, right?

Thanks for the help.
"A woman came up to me and said, 'I'd like to poison your mind/
With wrong ideas that appeal to you, Though I am not unkind.'"

They Might Be Giants, "Whistling in the Dark".

IsaiahSix
01.02.2013 , 06:50 AM | #200
don't use dps proc relics in pvp they are completely outclassed by the pure power ones. use 2 boundless ages relics for dps.
Thanks. I will have to check when I get off work, but I don't remember seeing the static bonus ones. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place.