Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Heats: Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 08:28 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
A couple points about the Sith:

Sith are more likely to defect to Kaan's side. The concept of "being equal" to everyone would seems very appealing to the force users under Revan's command. After all, being a Sith is all about power. If Kaan is offering power equal to his own to defectors, they'd be fools not to accept.

Also, 20,000 Sith Lords means 20,000 Sith Lords ready to train apprentices. Sith have been know to take more than one, and it doesn't take long to teach the dark side. It might take a while to master it, but it seems like you can become a Sith rather easily. Kaan's Sith forces could double or even triple if this war is extended.

And lastly, on battle meditation. This has been largely overlooked. Consider this: Battle Meditation enabled a battered and worn post- Jedi Civil War Republic fleet to battle the full might of the functioning Star Forge. They held out and even won against those forces. Add Sith and a stronger fleet, and battle meditation could very well be the fall of the Star Forge forces, for sure when it's not creating more and more as the battle goes on.
That's a good point but I disagree. Revan's men are extremely loyal. They love the guy. Also; remember what Atton tells us in KotOR 2? He explains how Revan's agents are extremely effective at over-turning his enemies to his side.

As for the point concerning battle meditation, I say it didn't save Kaan from Hoth and it certainly won't save Kaan from Revan. Once again, let's look at the differences between Revan and Hoth:
- Hoth's army is very poorly equipped. They mostly fight with melee weapons.
- Hoth's army has zero power structure/infrastructure (they weren't supported by the Republic or the Jedi Order). Hoth get's zero resources in a prolonged war, whereas Revan controls an empire capable of creating ships and recruiting men. Hoth has an army, and an army in and of its self is not very powerful.
- Revan's army is an impressive hybrid, with Hammerheads that he owns from his previous war and Rakatan ships that he gained from the Star Forge. His army is also a hybrid with soldiers, droids, Dark Jedi, elite assassins etc.

^^ I think that's the most important point here. If the Army of Light was able to beat Kaan, then Darth Revan will surely defeat Kaan.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 08:33 AM | #42
I think this may just be the shortest Revan thread ever. lol

mefit's Avatar


mefit
12.31.2012 , 08:39 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
'I used to be an adventurer like you, then HK-47 showed me what "love" was' ~ Meatbag

I'd like to make a few points. I was expecting a lot of support for Kaan and so prepared this counter argument, but what the hell I'll post it anyway, grind Kaan's face into the dirt, why not? While Kaan has legions of Sith which will no doubt give him significant advantages in space, ground and destabilizing infrastructure (via assassination). He has two glaring weaknesses.

1. Kaan is not particularly powerful. He was in fact fairly weak, and hid this weakness through his 'Rule of Strong' and charismatic, force fueled, leadership. This makes him extremely vulnerable to assassination, and Revan has a small army of assassins ready to do exactly that. How long will it be before Revan's simply assassinates Kaan?

2. Kaan's "Rule of Strong" is a perversion of the darkside and destined to fall apart. While rules dictate that Bane is not hell bent on destroying the Sith, his desire for power remains. Anyone who has read the Bane Trilogy will know that Bane regarded Revan as the greatest Sith Lord who ever lived, and inspired Bane's Rule of Two. While Bane will cause some heavy damage in the opening to the war. Revan will quickly recognizes him as a considerbale threat, and being Revan will attempt to convert him. All Revan has to is have Bane subdued and captured, then brought before Revan, and turned. Revan will promise him power, and a more powerful order of Sith Lords. Bane will become Darth Bane (remember while Revan ruled against having more than one apprentice, he doesn't have to train Bane. There were 2 other Darths in Revan's empire before his betrayal) and become Revan's weapon. Who could easily assassinate Kaan.

You ask why Bane is in Kaan's powerbase, well one he needed and ally, and two it only goes to show what a huge weakness Kaan's Sith philosophy was to him.

I've probably just driven a stake through Kaan's heart just there, but what the hell - the point had to be made.

There is one thing that could save Kaan from defeat however... Malak. He wasn't exactly loyal, and may be persuaded to ally himself with Kaan and betray his Master. Effectively taking control of the Brotherhood. It is an interesting point to consider, what would happen if the allies switched sides?
All good points to consider , Malak was not loyal in the end .

Lets say there is a Opening for Betrayal . Revan becomes Cornered again on his flag ship .
Malak and Kaan standing before Revan ready to kill him .
Well
**Before Malak gained control over the Star Forge we have to remember the reason why he has no Jaw . The fight was said to be Rather Short .**
Lets say Kaan and Malak are putting up a good Duo fight for Revan .
**This could be the Point of Defection of Bane**
Would Bane be enough at this point to help kill Malak and Kaan?
**I personally think so , and Bane would have proven his skill and loyalty at this moment and likely secured his spot as Revan's Apprentice , the Second Command of the Revan's Sith Empire. Something Bane Respected in Lore and Canon**

Bane through Darth Revan's Teaching lays the foundation for the most Powerful Sithlord of all time "Palpatine" , Kaan is just faded off in time and his Brotherhood forgotten . Bane Repected Power and ability , in lore he believed Revan to be worth more than Kaan .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 09:12 AM | #44
I feel that the issue of a betrayel from Malak is fairly unimportant due to the fact that Kaan has an entire empire of Sith just waiting to over-throw him - like Bane.

Besides, would Malak over-throw Revan in the first place? What's different about their empire in this Kaggath from their empire in the game? No Star Forge. Would Malak be as likely to over-throw Revan if he didn't have the Star Forge? I don't think so. I feel that Malak felt comfortable in his betrayel because he knew that taking over the Republic would be easy due to the Star Forge. I'm thinking that perhaps he wouldn't attempt to betray Revan because he wouldn't feel as comfortable leading the Sith. I could easily be wrong, but it's just a thought.

Regardless, Kaan is the one who really needs to worry about betrayal.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.31.2012 , 10:09 AM | #45
I'm not even gonna try to refute stuff said about my points. I concede!

If only it had been Jedi Knight Revan and Meetra Surik. This would have been a much more interesting and drawn out fight. However, as it is, Revan just has everything Kaan has but better.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

konstadinosblue's Avatar


konstadinosblue
12.31.2012 , 11:24 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I think this may just be the shortest Revan thread ever. lol
It could be because there not many thinks to question.Maybe if we knew more details about the Brotherhood
we could estimate how truly powerful it was(I'm not saying that it was very powerful).
And since I'm a Revan fan, unless they put against GAR(Grand Army of the Republic)(clones)I don't think
I'll see myself turning my back on him.
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.31.2012 , 11:39 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I think this may just be the shortest Revan thread ever. lol
Probably because I'm supporting Revan here.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

konstadinosblue's Avatar


konstadinosblue
12.31.2012 , 11:53 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Probably because I'm supporting Revan here.
LOL,,, Fairly truth

So, are we ready to announce the winner?
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 12:32 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Probably because I'm supporting Revan here.
Partially true. It's also a short thread simply because Revan is clearly better here.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.31.2012 , 12:51 PM | #50
Where is Rayla? There could still be some Revan hate out there to stretch this one out.