Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Quiters

Lord_
12.31.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1
There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

mrekxxx
12.31.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_ View Post
There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!
why it ruins your match? you get another ppl ... if ppl dont have fun they quit, is it bad? they pay for fun, or ?

phagerx
12.31.2012 , 12:22 PM | #3
I only quit a match when half my team is geared in pve gear or facing pre-made's and having a team of total idiots who dont call inc etc..

Eszi
12.31.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by phagerx View Post
I only quit a match when half my team is geared in pve gear or facing pre-made's and having a team of total idiots who dont call inc etc..
but omg rakata has better stats than recruit ;_;

Razot
12.31.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
There will always be people who bail on WZ's, but really makes me wonder how many are having the crash to desktop bug..

iSoldat
12.31.2012 , 12:53 PM | #6
My integrity won't allow me to quit a WZ, win or lose. And since I don't want to face a personal integrity violation, I chose not to queue very often.

Since I have toons on both sides of the spectrum, I have the luxury to see who is queuing on the opposing side. I know if I'm going to be facing pugs or the face rollers who would rather queue against pugs than use the RWZs that they QQd until released which they never queue. If the pvp face-roll guilds are queuing, I don't queue with or against them. Win or lose, the challenge is the ultimate goal and something the face-rollers obviously don't get.

That being said, i really don't blame the WZ quitters when faced with insurmountable odds. If they had a pug only option, I'd bet real money that it pops a lot more than the "premade" queues.

Nodulo
12.31.2012 , 01:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by phagerx View Post
In a nutshell for me, this and I completely understand those that do for gear discrepancy. The other issues I try to help folks understand and become better.
Although, I'm one of those that really wont leave regardless of peoples gear, score or attitudes.

General_Aldo
12.31.2012 , 01:10 PM | #8
I would be in favor of this. Once they fix me lagging out of a warzone, and then it just says I quit, making me look like a quiter.

Ridickilis
12.31.2012 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
I would be in favor of this. Once they fix me lagging out of a warzone, and then it just says I quit, making me look like a quiter.
We can already tell the difference. When someone lags out it says in red; "General_Aldo disconnected" before stating that "General_Aldo left the OPs" in orange.

And no, for the billionth time this has come up. No leaver debuff.

LaVall
12.31.2012 , 01:34 PM | #10
I have never quit in the middle of a match (unless I'm lagging so bad I feel a I'm being a detriment to my team), but aI can't blame others for it in some instances. When the match is decided and everyboby starts camping a node, why should they have to stick around and wait? If they want to forfeit their loser comms and requeue to get in another match then let them. If a match is so hopelessly 1 sided I cant fault others for wanting to leave and start fresh.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut