Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

RankorSSGS's Avatar


RankorSSGS
09.26.2012 , 03:16 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
For the 13/28 spec, what's the point of taking Deathmark and 1 point in Calculating Mind if you're not doing anything that has a DOT (no Raze, no Creeping Terror, Surging Charge Discharge)?
Those 2 points are needed to move up in the tree and get the 30% bonus to Death Field.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
12.09.2012 , 01:21 PM | #112
This topic will be updated after 1.6 hits.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Grogget's Avatar


Grogget
12.12.2012 , 09:04 AM | #113
Shinarika, if you're wondering if your build survived 1.6, it has, and still with flying colors. I don't think there have been any changes at all...

Either way, have some PVP videos, now in full 1080p quality.
1.6 Voidstar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zy2Xt82UI
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
12.12.2012 , 12:00 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
Shinarika, if you're wondering if your build survived 1.6, it has, and still with flying colors. I don't think there have been any changes at all...

Either way, have some PVP videos, now in full 1080p quality.
1.6 Voidstar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zy2Xt82UI
I agree. Even before 1.6, this (23/1/17) was still a solid build, especially for Huttball. For other maps, I would take the 2 points out of Instant Whirlwind and put them in Maul, to give you 23/3/15. Great to guard nodes etc until help arrives.

Everyone has been going on about 0/27/14 and although it is ok, surviving unless you have a pocket healer is difficult and most of the big hits come against badly geared folk. How that will stand up going forward is anyones business because I am not convinced that Infiltration is yet viable, despite have a massive(LOL) handful of seconds with blackout.

However, for burst damage, you cant beat full deception.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
12.12.2012 , 03:09 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
I agree. Even before 1.6, this (23/1/17) was still a solid build, especially for Huttball. For other maps, I would take the 2 points out of Instant Whirlwind and put them in Maul, to give you 23/3/15. Great to guard nodes etc until help arrives.

Everyone has been going on about 0/27/14 and although it is ok, surviving unless you have a pocket healer is difficult and most of the big hits come against badly geared folk. How that will stand up going forward is anyones business because I am not convinced that Infiltration is yet viable, despite have a massive(LOL) handful of seconds with blackout.

However, for burst damage, you cant beat full deception.
27/14 is a great spec for solo and non-serious rated play. I've been running 27/14 majority of the time since I've been back. However, 23/1/17 is still the best overall-based shadow spec in the game. Its versatility is still unmatched by anything else to date.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

PUMA's Avatar


PUMA
12.17.2012 , 11:08 AM | #116
I'm currently using 23/1/17 in Dark Charge and a focus. Would it be better to use a shield and put my focus mods in it?
Descension - The Bastion
Lowkee - The Rinou Legacy
Guild Website || Join Us

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
12.19.2012 , 08:51 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by PUMA View Post
I'm currently using 23/1/17 in Dark Charge and a focus. Would it be better to use a shield and put my focus mods in it?
Haven't tested that, but it won't be a bad idea entirely. The shield's stats (damage wise) however, is by default, lower. So keep that in mind.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

GhostMarine's Avatar


GhostMarine
12.23.2012 , 04:14 PM | #118
so you say the 13/28 isnt force staved, unless im playing it wrong i am ALWAYS out of force lol

stephenalandavie's Avatar


stephenalandavie
12.28.2012 , 10:58 PM | #119
One thing which confused me with the arika spec, is the buff we put on the enemy after Fib which is force suppression charge, which are consumed with periodic damaging abilities? What periodic abilities given that its shadow technique??

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
12.31.2012 , 08:39 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
One thing which confused me with the arika spec, is the buff we put on the enemy after Fib which is force suppression charge, which are consumed with periodic damaging abilities? What periodic abilities given that its shadow technique??
It's just points spent to get higher up in the tree. It's a good 'backstab' spec, but slightly dated now because of the Blackout buffs. It's better to go 14/27 or 27/14 at this point.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN