Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

itsmymillertime
12.13.2012 , 10:25 AM | #631
I am about to hit 50 on my Vanguard soon and want to do PVP with him as well as do dailies and want to go tank spec for the charge, but since shields are next to useless in PVP (based on my previous experience as a tank assassin in stalker gear) does the same rule apply or do I really need tanking gear for this setup to work? Thanks!

Yojack
12.14.2012 , 10:59 AM | #632
Running ion cell and shield spec definately improves your survivability vs running plasma or high energy. It really shines though in being able to do a 30% damage debuff vs enemies while guarding and taunting etc. I go combat tech for my gear, and then spec for damage mitigation. It is a GREAT hybrid and the reason the Yojack Build has been very popular throughout the patches since release.
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

CordArklighter
12.15.2012 , 02:56 PM | #633
hi Yojack, welcome back.

I also took some time to play GW2 and D3 and find both lacking. Oddly, the Story is one of the major things missing as a quality element. well that an D3's goofy loot tables.

Anyway, big questions in regards to you new Max Mitigation build.
  1. Why not Smoke Grenade over Neural Overload?
  2. Why HIB over StockStrike?
Since N.O. is useless in a boss fight, where SG is a 22 second armor penetration reduction with gear buffs, isn't any amount of mitigation preferable to a useless skill for PVE boss fights?

In Regards to HIB and SS, SS is going to go off many more times per fight, and is 200 pts lost dmg per hit by picking HIB's buff. HIB only goes up about 100pts. so in 45 secs, 3 HIBs will have a boost of ~300 pts, where SS would go off 5 times for ~1000 pts extra. Since a VG never fights outside of melee range, I'm at a loss as to why you chose HIB over SS? Is there some sort of threat generation I'm missing with HIB?

also, when you mentioned in an earlier post wanting 50% dmg red/shield/absord, those are without my stim or buff active yes?

Yojack
12.16.2012 , 11:15 AM | #634
Cord, great catch on your part. When I switched over from the max damage version I misplaced the points. Stockstrike is of course >>> over hib especially if geared with combat tech warhero. If I go pve main tank, then I mix in one point from neural overload for smoke grenade, but these are pvp builds that you can tweak to taste for pve or pvp depending. You have a great understanding of game mechanics and thanks for the help. Updated op!

Yojack Build Max Mitigation Version:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=15
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion

epott
12.30.2012 , 08:45 PM | #635
call me crazy but all of the links you poseted are the same builds... the calc must be broke... can ya share a screen shot of your damage build? thx

Glasscutter
03.15.2013 , 07:51 AM | #636
Where do I find generator's at cause I thought Artifice could make them and when I sent 2 to my trooper they can't use them. So if Artifice can't make generator's what crew skill can? Shouldn't generator's and shields be the same thing?
Death is the ultimate fairness...
And if you should explode please feel free to come back and tell me all about it, everyone else has!

Yojack
03.22.2013 , 11:40 PM | #637
I am sure you found the answer already but this question was best posted in the crafting forums
The Bastion

Itoki
03.23.2013 , 11:35 AM | #638
Hey Yojack looks like your back again? Have not seen a post from ya in a while, but regularly check. Have been switching between your last build and the Terminal Velocity build. Was hoping you could recommend, a rotation for your build, and do you run a shield or generator? Thx.

Yojack
04.03.2013 , 12:19 AM | #639
Hey Itoki, I always run with a shield generator. I also always run with Ion cell so it kind of goes hand in hand. As far as rotation its kind of easy.....use everything not on cooldown. Vanguards have it easy
The Bastion

Yojack
04.14.2013 , 01:02 AM | #640
http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

Yojacks PVP build 2.0 Max damage version

More details later but burst damage with shoulder cannon, 10 secs of hold the line....almost unlimited ammo....this is just too good. I miss easy medals with ion cell, but tactics is where its out for now =)
The Bastion