Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So Lv 55 cap is being held ransom with this Makeb even if I am a sub?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So Lv 55 cap is being held ransom with this Makeb even if I am a sub?

RaulTheConquerer's Avatar


RaulTheConquerer
12.30.2012 , 07:53 PM | #1
I can hardly believe that if i pay a sub fee to pvp, that my cap increase is held hostage by EA until i pay them more money. This is outrageous.

I have zero interest in class quests or other random theme park missions, yet the only thing i pay for, pvp, will no longer be competetive for me unless i pay the ransom. If this turns out to be so...Shame on you EA.

MoltenRog's Avatar


MoltenRog
12.30.2012 , 07:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RaulTheConquerer View Post
I can hardly believe that if i pay a sub fee to pvp, that my cap increase is held hostage by EA until i pay them more money. This is outrageous.

I have zero interest in class quests or other random theme park missions, yet the only thing i pay for, pvp, will no longer be competetive for me unless i pay the ransom. If this turns out to be so...Shame on you EA.
Not a ransom, Its a DLC/Expansion, Look up other DLC's Much like wow, you just won't be able to hit level 55.
1 Year Veteran

Marmerus's Avatar


Marmerus
12.30.2012 , 07:56 PM | #3
We don't know anything so let's not assume to much.

All I know with the price tag on that planet and 5 levels I expect it to be at least 4 or 5 times bigger than the planets we have now with at least 2 days worth of content.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.30.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MoltenRog View Post
Not a ransom, Its a DLC/Expansion, Look up other DLC's Much like wow, you just won't be able to hit level 55.
We cannot know that, they have already stated that gear isnt going up that much so to make the 5 lvls relevent you/we must have to increase in power tobe able to fight lvl 55 mobs and champions and without gear the only way todo that is with increased abilities.

If that is indeed the case which is quite frankly the only way to justify 5 lvls of grinding with a challange then the pvp bracket will either have to go from 10-54 thus throwing current 50's out of ranked or having a 50-55 bracket where people stuck at 50 are overpowered simply by talent difference which a bolster cannot really overcome at top flight pvp and thats ignoring the new datacrons that will be added thus further boosting stats.

But that said lvl 55 gear has to have a upgrade from lvl 50 gear or quite frankly what is the point of doing anything above lvl 50.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

arunav's Avatar


arunav
12.30.2012 , 08:15 PM | #5
I don't think $10 has ever been considered ransom-level!

I understand your point, but if you like the game, support it with the $10. Personally, the "expansion" (it's a patch and we all know it) should be offered for Cartel Coins. It would solve the problem.

But the game apparently needs money that badly, or this is the model being pursued, to get as much out of the loyal subscription base as possible with minimal maintenance and new content.

EA knows there are a lot of people who will pay plenty of cash simply because it's Star Wars. And they are correct.

Holinyx's Avatar


Holinyx
12.30.2012 , 08:27 PM | #6
i completely agree OP. I recently bought a car. Gas should be free forever ! i mean...i bought the car! now i gotta pay for gas too ?!?!?!

THEN i went to burger king. because mcdonalds sucks. but anyways i bought this meal deal for $4.99...and they offer an EXPANSION to large size ! and GET THIS ! they want to charge extra for it ?!?!! zomg !!!

seriously, how many of these people crying about paying for an expansion threads do we have to tolerate?
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.30.2012 , 08:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RaulTheConquerer View Post
I can hardly believe that if i pay a sub fee to pvp, that my cap increase is held hostage by EA until i pay them more money. This is outrageous.

I have zero interest in class quests or other random theme park missions, yet the only thing i pay for, pvp, will no longer be competetive for me unless i pay the ransom. If this turns out to be so...Shame on you EA.
Sorry, but I'm laughing. MMO's typically have level increases come with expansions. Shame on EA? How about shame on you for being upset because EA is just following standards set by pre-existing MMO's.

grombrinda's Avatar


grombrinda
12.30.2012 , 09:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
I don't think $10 has ever been considered ransom-level!

I understand your point, but if you like the game, support it with the $10. Personally, the "expansion" (it's a patch and we all know it) should be offered for Cartel Coins. It would solve the problem.

But the game apparently needs money that badly, or this is the model being pursued, to get as much out of the loyal subscription base as possible with minimal maintenance and new content.

EA knows there are a lot of people who will pay plenty of cash simply because it's Star Wars. And they are correct.
But why should I support a game that still has bugs from beta, and introduces new ones with each and ever update and downtime??
Not to mention the vast list of broken promises???And I am not talking just about Makeb but the Apac players that were repeatedly promise solutions that have yet to materialize?
And that is just one in a long line of failed deliveries on their part.Oh and you can say that this was promised before f2p hit, but tell me and the rest of us oh mighty white knight..What led up to this "AAA Game" going free to play?
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Thaed's Avatar


Thaed
12.30.2012 , 09:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
I don't think $10 has ever been considered ransom-level!

I understand your point, but if you like the game, support it with the $10. Personally, the "expansion" (it's a patch and we all know it) should be offered for Cartel Coins. It would solve the problem.

But the game apparently needs money that badly, or this is the model being pursued, to get as much out of the loyal subscription base as possible with minimal maintenance and new content.

EA knows there are a lot of people who will pay plenty of cash simply because it's Star Wars. And they are correct.
When Bioware proves to me that they're taking this game in a positive direction, I'll give them my $10. As it stands, supporting this cash-grab will only encourage them to do similar things in the future.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Fraeblood's Avatar


Fraeblood
12.30.2012 , 09:16 PM | #10
(edit) nevermind...