Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogrey
12.29.2012 , 07:25 PM | #541
1.Name of server - all ( using english servers )
7 2.Name of character(s) affected - all
3.Frequency of crashing – all the times
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. -
Played SWTOR from beta tests untill september . Back when F2P option was availible. Everything was fine ( no crashes ), so i renewed my subscription and ..... cant play ;/ Just after reactivated account cant loggin into the game. Launcher start - OK . Login to characters list - OK. But after choose character and use play button few secs and game closes like never was opened before. No info about errors, etc .. Nothing. Will wait till end of 1st month my subscription and will cancel. Now definitly will say BYE .
5.DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Darth_Vainous
12.30.2012 , 01:03 AM | #542
1) Harbinger
2) All characters
3) After an hour but before 2 hours of playing
4) Nothing out of the ordinary, but it has a better chance of happening if it requires loading like when entering Tatooine, Hoth, Voss, etc. or on fleet, but never before an hour of playing.
5)
Spoiler
][/SPOILER]
6) I don't have a reliability report cause I ctrl+alt+del everytime it freezes and just close processes. It says not responding.
7) It is a crash cause it just freezes and I can here my cpu working/grinding away like it's on super overload. I played from beta to early access to 5 or 6 months after early access and this never happened or if it did it was so rare, like almost never, that I didn't even notice. I came back when it went F2P and found I got my Legacy name back, left cause I lost my Legacy name when servers 1st started to merge, and said I'll get back into SWTOR. Well, since F2P I have had this problem every day and always after an hour but never more than 2 hours of playing.

Ithari
12.30.2012 , 09:43 AM | #543
  1. Name of server : The Red Eclipse - PvE - EU
  2. Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters.
  3. Frequency of crashing: It's random. But safe to say at least 4-5 a day.
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash: Mostly happens when I'm switching planetary instances or loading in planets or logging in on characters. I also play the game windowed. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. But it might be worth mentioning.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

6. Spoiler

7. This is a crash to desktop. Sometimes the game will say "Swtor is not responding" when I open the task manager. Sometimes the game will suffer a massive frame-rate drop to the point that you're standing still and suddenly shoot ahead a few yards. Or the frame-drop is so bad that the game closes itself off.
(//////██o█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
Ryner - Jedi Knight (The Red Eclipse EU PvE

Kieli
12.30.2012 , 10:57 AM | #544
Name of server: Prophecy of the Five
Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? multiple times a day
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: Crashes randomly, during pvp, or questing, or just sitting on the fleet
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

pritcc
12.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #545
Here's how I get it to crash faster:

Take an account with several characters on it who are capable of crew skills. Be in Windowed, rather than full screen. Then do crew skills. Log one character on, send all the companions out of crew skills. Log off that character and bring on a different character. Send that character's companions out on crew skills. Rinse and repeat till it crashes. Just lots of logging on and off, switching chars and sending companions out on crew skills.

This brings up crashes fairly quickly. About half an hour before it crashes, as opposed to 2 or 3 hours when you play a char constantly.

Another note about crew skills. It seems to crash more often when you bring up the window for actually creating something. And by that, I mean Artifice, Archeolgy, Cybertech, Armstech, Armormech, Synthweaving and the other one(s).

I hope this helps.

Clair

VassagoOmega
12.30.2012 , 01:18 PM | #546
Yeah, I've noticed that it crashes more frequently when I open my Synthweaving window. I have tons and tons and tons of Synthweaving patterns, and it literally takes between 2-3 MINUTES for the list to populate. If I log in to the game, log in to my main character, pick up the items waiting from when I sent my companions out last night, and then immediately open my Synthweaving window, I'll crash before it even finishes populating. I'm actually at a point now, where I'm physically terrified to open my crafting window. I do a lot of the crafting for my guild, and for my many alts as well. I can't stand not being able to craft. I feel useless.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

QtombeD
12.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #547
  1. Name of server : The Red Eclipse - PvE - EU
  2. Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters. But it does not seems to happen new build charachters. Before lvl 10 I got no crash at all and I was playing much longer then with my lvl 30 to 48 characters. But soon after lvl 10 the first crash appears and from there on it gets more regular. So to me it seems to be happening only to characters that are lvl. 10 or higher. I tested this with my last new made character and the first crash appeared a little while after I was lvl. 10.
  3. Frequency of crashing: It's random. Sometimes hours without a crash sometimes more frequent but I haven't found a pattern. But with all characters above lvl 10 it happens sometimes a couple of times an hour sometimes less.
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash:
    It happens when I'm switching planetary instances or loading planets or logging in on characters, or when I start walking, or stapped of my speeder and start walking or get on my speeder, traveling with taxi, get on my ship, leaving or entering a planet, leaving an fp. I play sinds the beta and I only started to have these crashes sinds 1.4.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags

Spoiler

I am currently testing this tweak as well: BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

So far I played around 16 hrs over serveral days and I didn't have a crash. I went to lots of planets played loads of Flash points and so on, but till now it is stable.

So for my configuration this workaround/tweak worsk and I haven't encountered a downside, all programs still work as fast and good as before the change, so no negative side effects.

ladwar
12.30.2012 , 06:42 PM | #548
1. the bastion
2. ladwar, powerfull, hesker
3. every time one a loading screen into a phase so every 5 minutes or less.
4.yes ^
Spoiler

Spoiler

7.yes

LokRobster
12.30.2012 , 11:11 PM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by pritcc View Post
Here's how I get it to crash faster:

Take an account with several characters on it who are capable of crew skills. Be in Windowed, rather than full screen. Then do crew skills. Log one character on, send all the companions out of crew skills. Log off that character and bring on a different character. Send that character's companions out on crew skills. Rinse and repeat till it crashes. Just lots of logging on and off, switching chars and sending companions out on crew skills.

This brings up crashes fairly quickly. About half an hour before it crashes, as opposed to 2 or 3 hours when you play a char constantly.

Another note about crew skills. It seems to crash more often when you bring up the window for actually creating something. And by that, I mean Artifice, Archeolgy, Cybertech, Armstech, Armormech, Synthweaving and the other one(s).

I hope this helps.

Clair
cool post., I like it!

I myself am just depressed to check this out and see this issue is at 55 pages and counting, with no bugfix that resolves the problem
-- Rodian-Bob of Ahazi Forums '03 - '06
Robii D'Luminatii the Rodian *Master Doctor, Master Pistoleer*
Ancient Ahazi Denizen, Perdition/Grendin Waste, Lok
SW GAMES NEED RODIANS AS PCs!!

eddythewerewolf
12.31.2012 , 05:30 AM | #550
well after no responses and no fixes or anything like that i just finally bit the bullet and resubbed to lotro until they get this problem fixed...if they get it fixed. it's just reaching the point of ridiculous that the tech team...if they have one...just doesn't seem to be working to fix any bugs or anything. tbh guys let's face it, this game will be lucky to stick around for another year, if even that long.
Peace is a lie, there's only passion.